Prediction Who's poised to be the disappointment/let down team of 2024?

Which team(s) will be the disappointment of 2024?

• Adelaide

Votes: 36 10.8%
  • Brisbane

Votes: 17 5.1%
  • Carlton

Votes: 81 24.3%
  • Collingwood

Votes: 27 8.1%
  • Essendon

Votes: 42 12.6%
  • Fremantle

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Geelong

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Gold Coast

Votes: 13 3.9%
  • Hawthorn

Votes: 26 7.8%
  • Melbourne

Votes: 53 15.9%
  • North Melbourne

Votes: 10 3.0%
  • Port Adelaide

Votes: 38 11.4%
  • Richmond

Votes: 19 5.7%
  • Sydney

Votes: 6 1.8%
  • GWS

Votes: 8 2.4%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 21 6.3%
  • West Coast

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • St Kilda

Votes: 19 5.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Hawks and Crows both look like they have regressed compared to 2023.
Crows have. Hawks are better than they were at this time last year, despite the missing players.

Average losing margin so far in 2024 is 30pts, and really could’ve beaten both Bombers and Pies.
The same time last year it was 74pts.

Crows have. Hawks are better than they were at this time last year, despite the missing players.

Average losing margin so far in 2024 is 30pts, and really could’ve beaten both Bombers and Pies.
The same time last year it was 74pts.
Is that where you should be comparing yourselves to though?

I thought you were much more competitive at the back end of last season. Surely that's where the comparison should be made to, not 12 months ago before you showed signs of development.

Is that where you should be comparing yourselves to though?

I thought you were much more competitive at the back end of last season. Surely that's where the comparison should be made to, not 12 months ago before you showed signs of development.
Second youngest list in the comp doesn’t have the experienced depth to cover the loss of its first string players.

Day, Jiath, Lewis, Breust play on Sunday night and we’d likely have beaten Pies. We really should have knocked the Bombers off with the amount of shots on goal we butchered.

We’re much improved in a number of key areas though, despite having a very slow start in the middle.

For example, last year we were 14th for inside 50’s and 15th for marks inside 50. In 2024 we’re 9th for inside 50’s and 7th for marks inside 50.

Second youngest list in the comp doesn’t have the experienced depth to cover the loss of its first string players.

Day, Jiath, Lewis, Breust play on Sunday night and we’d likely have beaten Pies. We really should have knocked the Bombers off with the amount of shots on goal we butchered.

We’re much improved in a number of key areas though, despite having a very slow start in the middle.

For example, last year we were 14th for inside 50’s and 15th for marks inside 50. In 2024 we’re 9th for inside 50’s and 7th for marks inside 50.
Understand the issues faced, certainly makes it difficult.

I quite like what Sam is doing with your team, I'm rather bullish on quickly you'll be potentially playing finals again.

Would love to continue to see the improvement come throughout the season.

North.
Many people expected improvement from them given the amount of talent on their list.
That, and Clarkson finally getting a full proper pre season with the playing group, without the previous distractions from the racism saga.

Having said that, we've seen West Coast turn things around recently after a horror start to the year, so still hope that North can do the same.

North.
Many people expected improvement from them given the amount of talent on their list.
That, and Clarkson finally getting a full proper pre season with the playing group, without the previous distractions from the racism saga.

Having said that, we've seen West Coast turn things around recently after a horror start to the year, so still hope that North can do the same.

North were expected to be bottom 4, and they will be bottom 4.

I never expected my team Adelaide to make the finals at the start of the season. They don't handle expectation well, Walker is ageing, Sloane probably won't play again. A lot was expected from them but they really are nowhere near great.

Brisbane have been a disaster on their home ground.

Collingwood started slowly but I think they are getting their season going.

History shows that Essendon will probably start to fall apart eventually. A few bad games and it could easily go downhill for them. They haven't won a final for 20 year so it is time prove us wrong!

GWS have started great, much better than my expectations.

Geelong, well I had them in my top 8 and they will probably be top 4.

Likely top 4 sides
Geelong, GWS, Sydney Swans, Collingwood

Should make the 8
Port, Melbourne, Carlton

Middle of the group
Essendon, St Kilda, Western Bulldogs, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Fremantle

Lottery bound
North, West Coast, Adelaide, Hawthorn, Richmond

Back