Who will be 2024's most disappointing/under performing team (home and away season)

Remove this Banner Ad

Will be Melbourne, don’t believe they will play finals. One premiership with the list that have disappointing.

There is a sniff about the West Coast Eagles 05-09 team about these Dees.

1 An dominating and very successful on field home and away team, but due to mostly off field controversies and issues, will only have one flag to show for their efforts.

Interesting take from you.

I think the Crows (now) have a better list than Port Adelaide (which has more holes in it than Swiss cheese) but time will tell.

Unless Fremantle have a rotten run of injuries, Longmuir will be sacked imo if Freo don't make finals (or at least miss out by a win or two/on percentage)
Ports list is better than the crows
Port will be top 4 again
Crows could sneak in the 8
I think Melbourne could drop

Probably the Hawks. Understandably they are a bottom 3 or 4 side, however, each year they get a couple of scalps at the end of the season, get their hopes up for the following year, and then struggle to win games until it’s over.

Heavily reliant on Sicily to stay in games, severly lack top end talent, and only have a couple of reasonable players coming through under 22.

Although, I think Watson has a lot of potential.

nmfc will take a jackhammer to the basement floor and construct a potato cellar. Expect another season of the Club crying poor and shaking the begging bowl for yet more priority picks. Expect a couple of younger players will look for the next bus out of Arden St. The Pies could be one Club waving the cheque book.

The Blues will drown in a puddle of bathwater supplied by their fans.

Cripps was famed for never winning chasey in primary school and has never shown interest in applying pressure. His form and that of a few others will drop further away.

Melbourne

Straight sets the last 2 season’s

Seems like there’s still a lot of off-field drama

Oliver is no chance to play the early rounds and won’t be close to fit enough physically or mentally if he comes back to play

They are a Max Gawn injury from completing imploding. He’s by far their most important player. No back up after grundy leaving leaves them thin in the big man department. Gawn often misses games and 2024 will be no different.

With the list they’ve built, one premiership (covid flag) won in WA will not be close to good enough.

Huge pressure on Goodwin in 2024.

Melbourne

Straight sets the last 2 season’s

Seems like there’s still a lot of off-field drama

Oliver is no chance to play the early rounds and won’t be close to fit enough physically or mentally if he comes back to play

They are a Max Gawn injury from completing imploding. He’s by far their most important player. No back up after grundy leaving leaves them thin in the big man department. Gawn often misses games and 2024 will be no different.

With the list they’ve built, one premiership (covid flag) won in WA will not be close to good enough.

Huge pressure on Goodwin in 2024.
Agree with the Gawn comment - Not sure who goes in the ruck if he goes down.

Last year's straight-sets loss wasn't really a drop-off. They had had big injuries late in the season so missed a few kep players in the finals, and Van Rooyan was the only target and he is brainless and wouldn't have been in the side. And if not for a coward act by Maynard they would have won the first final against the eventual premiers.

Oliver issues and the lack of ruck depth aside, I think Melbourne will be the team to beat this year.

So say 16th?

Just to be clear here, your nomination for most under performing team will be Richmond of they go from 7th, to 14th to 16th this year?
I believe their performances will drop considerably, you had a lot of close games last year and I don't see it being the same this year.

I apologise for saying something you don't agree with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I believe their performances will drop considerably, you had a lot of close games last year and I don't see it being the same this year.

I apologise for saying something you don't agree with.
"Considerably", yet only 3 positions on the ladder....

It's fine to post something I don't agree with but you should've just said "I don't like Richmond, so I'll name them", because a 3 position drop, following a downward trend, with an ageing list and after a dynasty, does not fit the preface of the opening post :thumbsu:

"Considerably", yet only 3 positions on the ladder....

It's fine to post something I don't agree with but you should've just said "I don't like Richmond, so I'll name them", because a 3 position drop, following a downward trend, with an ageing list and after a dynasty, does not fit the preface of the opening post :thumbsu:
You are just looking at it by ladder position not actual on field performance.

You finish 16th but lose a number of close games and are pretty competitive, compared to finish 16th and copping a heap of beltings

Definitely think that Gold Coast will underwhelm under Dimma. might take them a while to get used to his gameplay and they'll get there eventually but wont happen straight away. could see them missing the 8 again.

Also think Adelaide could miss the 8. feel like they relied on tex a bit and if he struggles they might be in trouble (tbf i dont watch a lot of crows games so probably wrong here)

Definitely think that Gold Coast will underwhelm under Dimma. might take them a while to get used to his gameplay and they'll get there eventually but wont happen straight away. could see them missing the 8 again.

Also think Adelaide could miss the 8. feel like they relied on tex a bit and if he struggles they might be in trouble (tbf i dont watch a lot of crows games so probably wrong here)

Very much so. We're like Brisbane and Geelong when it comes to scoring where we have multiple high scoring players.

To the point our third highest goalscorer (Fogarty) would have won one or two clubs leading goalkicker with his year.

Every year there is a team or team that is hyped / pumped up to have a big crack in September but for a variety of reasons, have an absolute shocker home and away season and fall short of expectations.

Last season it was The Dogs, they could be thereabouts again this year (not making finals)

Port Adelaide and Melbourne are two other teams i can think of who could have calamitous seasons and miss the finals.
Last season was the Dogs?

Cough …. Fremantle … cough

Remove this Banner Ad

Back