Past Josh Drummond (2004-2012)

Remove this Banner Ad

Injury free, he is worth massive $.

But he hasn't played a full season since in his debut, anyone that picks him up in supercoach would be well aware of his injury woes!

He has 10 week 'quads' regularly.

Put him on a long term deal to give him some security, but make the $ linked to performance, AA selections, B&F finishes etc. That way if he gets injured again you get value for money.

Other clubs will be prepared to pay him though, so he could leave.

To be honest, I'd rather Drummond for half a season than most of the current crop for 22 rounds. Other clubs would be stupid not to offer him what he wants (we would be stupider).

When the filth finally con onto the fact that Eddie as Prez won't help to deliver them a flag and he gets sacked, can we have our salary cap allowances back?
We always have to pay over the odds to hang onto players compared to clubs in Victoria and a lesser extent WA and SA - even playing field my arse :mad:

What annoys me most is that it comes out that Staker is on 400k a year, Drummonds see he gets 300k and goes "Forget this i am a better player than Staker, If the club is willing to pay him that much they should be willing to pay me that much too."

I cannot believe how over inflated our contracts are. We have a hell of a lot of players being paid a hell of a lot of money for not a lot of output.

How do we know Staker is on 400k a year? I'm sure he isn't running around telling people how much he is getting paid and I thought the Club line was that they don't discuss player contracts so isn't this figure pure speculation, the same as the speculation on Fev's contract and Charmo's contract and all the other player contracts???

In any case, I think (or at least hope) Josh and his manager are just trying to up the ante for the next negotiation - although his fiancee does come from Coffs Harbour so GWS could be a worry :(

When the filth finally con onto the fact that Eddie as Prez won't help to deliver them a flag and he gets sacked, can we have our salary cap allowances back?
We always have to pay over the odds to hang onto players compared to clubs in Victoria and a lesser extent WA and SA - even playing field my arse :mad:

Josh Drummond is a local, so its not even an issue. You're not competing on the go home factor and he's in a City where the $ goes way further in just about every facet of life.

At the end of the day, when you spend ~$1.5 mil on two power forwards, it doesn't leave much for the rest of the list. You are paying over the odds for quite a few players, especially Fevola. Josh Drummond is an AA player if he stays fit and is worth big $

Our Josh still Lion at heart
Travis Meyn
7th September 2010

BRISBANE Lions half-back Josh Drummond has denied reports he demanded a substantial pay rise to stay at the struggling club.

“I’ve been here my whole career and I don’t anticipate leaving but the whole process takes time,” he said. “There have been some articles written about me going but it hasn’t come from my end or my manager’s end. I read some incorrect stuff that was absolute rubbish. I had only just started speaking with my manager and I had no idea what was going on. I’m not demanding anything. It sounded like I just wanted money or I’ll bugger off. It was a long way from the truth. I was pretty disappointed with it all.”

drummond5.jpg

Great news, only one of the three recently mentioned that it seemed surprising he was cash-hunting. Hopefully Brennan stays now too, without the GC option on the table (committed to Rischa.)

BRISBANE Lions half-back Josh Drummond has denied reports he demanded a substantial pay rise to stay at the struggling club.
“I’ve been here my whole career and I don’t anticipate leaving but the whole process takes time,” he said. “There have been some articles written about me going but it hasn’t come from my end or my manager’s end. I read some incorrect stuff that was absolute rubbish. I had only just started speaking with my manager and I had no idea what was going on. I’m not demanding anything. It sounded like I just wanted money or I’ll bugger off. It was a long way from the truth. I was pretty disappointed with it all.”
Is it just me or is that a very, very clever quote?
Suggestions of... Not from players end or managers end but hammo talking out of his end??

(Log in to remove this ad.)

According to this twitter page he is staying, not sure about the legitimacy of the source or if the guy posting the tweets just read that above article.

Edit: forgot link

http://twitter.com/InsiderAFL

That would be BlueInBlood from the Blues board.

Pretty good source by all reports.

2009 Review

2010 End of Season Review

Games - 7
Best and Fairest - 14.5 votes (20th)
Dreamteam - 513 points; $307,300 (-$26,200)
Supercoach - 641 points ; $475,100 (-$62,800)

ACL

Josh Drummond was on fire at the start of the season. He looked strong, he looked fit and he was playing as well as ever. His defensive work had improved and he was moving up the ground more averaging 3 inside 50s a game. Leigh Matthews said he was in All Australian form. But in round 7, while attempting to spoil a Keplar Bradley shot on goal, he stretched out his leg and tore the ACL in his left knee. It was a massive blow for the 27 year old, who was playing just his 72nd game.

Being only a partial tear, Drummond was eligible for the LARS surgery, and he became the 4th AFL player (behind Malceski, Rodan and Fisher) to undergo the procedure. The medical community is cautious about LARS because of a lack of data on its long term effects, but as Drummond is closer to the end than the beginning of his career, it was seen as a worthwhile risk to get him back this year. The surgery was a success, his rehab went according to plan and he was ready to return to the seniors towards the end of the home and away season. But with finals out of the equation Voss decided to not take any chances and let him prepare for 2011.

At the B&F he averaged the highest votes per game, illustrating how well he was playing. In his absence the defensive unit looked depleted, particularly in its ability to rebound out of 50. He is now arguably the 2nd most important player on the list, behind Jonathan Brown.

drummo.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back