Random Josh Green's profile answers... are yours better?

Remove this Banner Ad

Name:
DapperDon

Sportsperson (other than AFL) you love watching the most:
Lionel Messi

Favourite footy commentator:
Anthony Hudson

Whose autograph did you get as a kid:
Paul Salmon

Describe your perfect day off:
Summer day, about 26deg. Beer garden, good beer, good tunes, good people.

Who inspires you:
Charlie and Jack Daniels

Best advice received:
take a borocca before bed to ease the hangover

What scares you most:
Stupid people being allowed to vote

If you weren’t a football watcher, what would you like to be:
Musician

First job held:
paper boy

The person you would most like to meet:
Eddie Vedder

Three things you would like to do after your career:
travel.

Greatest achievement:
saving to move to London to live for a few years. Best thing I ever did

How would your best friend describe you:
Absolute campaigner who loves a laugh

One thing you can’t eat:
Some fish, the real fishy smelling stuff. I like flake and whiting and that stuff.

What domestic chore do you refuse to do:
Ironing

Which event would you rather attend, the Olympics or the World Cup:
World Cup.

Favourite Australian personality:
Jim Jeffries

iPhone, Blackberry or Android:
Android

Best book read:
Howard Marks "Mr Nice"

Favourite TV show:
Breaking Bad

Favourite band/musical artist:
I hate this question
Probably Nirvana or Doors depending on the day

Favourite movie:
Planes, Trains & Automobiles

I love that film too (except Ira Newborn's score which just doesn't fit at all). My favourite bit is Steve Martin's monologue at the car hire desk. I think we've all wanted to do that at one stage or another.
It's a classic.

My favourite is when they are just driving in silence, in a burnt out car with half a steering wheel and no roof. In the freezing cold.

Just staring straight ahead

hero_EB20001112REVIEWS0811120301AR.jpg

Name:
Dero Illich Ramirez Santos the jackal

The Dutch women's hockey team

Whately

Warney

Good food, good drink, surrounded by my fellow miscreants.

Who inspires you:
My kids.

Best advice received:
Don't go to Revolver tonight.

What scares you most:
People

Huh?

First job held:
paper boy

Trent Reznor or John Lydon

Sleep in, get really fat, brew my own coffee every day

Greatest achievement:
Starting and maintaining my own business/ starting and maintaining my own family.

A touch loose.

One thing you can’t eat:
Sand

change the linen

World Cup.

Jim Jeffries

iPhone

Best book read:
The E myth

Favourite TV show:
Breaking Bad

Probably the Sex Pistols but I love so many different and diverse groups.

Favourite movie:
Too hard. Saw Sicario recently and really liked it.

Name:
Dero Illich Ramirez Santos the jackal

The Dutch women's hockey team

Whately

Warney

Good food, good drink, surrounded by my fellow miscreants.

Who inspires you:
My kids.

Best advice received:
Don't go to Revolver tonight.

What scares you most:
People

Huh?

First job held:
paper boy

Trent Reznor or John Lydon

Sleep in, get really fat, brew my own coffee every day

Greatest achievement:
Starting and maintaining my own business/ starting and maintaining my own family.

A touch loose.

One thing you can’t eat:
Sand

change the linen

World Cup.

Jim Jeffries

iPhone

Best book read:
The E myth

Favourite TV show:
Breaking Bad

Probably the Sex Pistols but I love so many different and diverse groups.

Favourite movie:
Too hard. Saw Sicario recently and really liked it.

Don't go to revolver tonight?

....don't Go to revolver tomorrow morning.

Don't believe for a second the term recovery session
I had to go into work and drove down King street at about 4:30 am this morning. There were plenty of doe eyed looking characters on their way to Recovery. It made me feel old.

I know I'm going off piste here, and the mods will have me...

But I remember the first time I walked into revolver, would have been about 5am one morning, I was munted, got up the stairs and it just looked to me like a sweaty chaotic old school Asian airport with just s**t going on everywhere, travellers just lounging about, garish airport orange decor... Ramshackle. I couldn't find a spot to relax, felt like it was clique City... Every single girl seemed to be accounted for by a posse of prying eyes.

Nah, home to Xbox.

Ha ha. It is like walking into the western Cantina and the music stops and all eyes are on you. I never felt comfortable there either. I used to go to Q bar and would occasionally try to get into Dirty- Revs when I didn't wasn't ready to deal with reality.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ha ha. It is like walking into the western Cantina and the music stops and all eyes are on you. I never felt comfortable there either. I used to go to Q bar and would occasionally try to get into Dirty- Revs when I didn't wasn't ready to deal with reality.

I'd love to share the story of an ordeal I faced one night... Related to this, If there's a place I can mods, here?

I've been to Revolver, twice, sober, it's a uh interesting place when you're sober to just observe.

Well Howard, the thread really is a tell us about yourself thread in Josh Green's profile answers clothing... Couldn't hurt could it?

You know how it is when you are a clubbing in the manner of what we were talking about… it nearly becomes tribal. Clubs patrons nearly have little wars against each other; they love their club so much, it’s like their badge of honour, they will stick up for it til the hilt, people who go to the other clubs are weirdos or idiots. If you ever go to one of the other clubs, you feel like a bit of an interloper in a strange world, like everyone is looking at the alien – it’s a bad vibe. Can’t stay.

There were a few in the scenes around at the time, I guess Hard Kandy v Bass station was a biggie, bubble was about, I guess over you way there was q bar and salt and the like.

Anyhow when you first start going it can be a hard nut to crack, even harder the BF! But after a while you get to know people, before long it takes you an hour to enter because you are kissing everyone hello and hugging it out, you have your own couch – you are part of the furniture… its pretty much like walking into a second home. Sometimes you think mann, all these hot women, lounging around talking with me like I’m an equal! This would never happen out there in the real world :p god bless these little baggies…

Anyway… I lived in a share house in Carlton norf , I was going over to Europe for a couple of months and couldn’t afford the rent while I was away so I got a friend of mine to room sit for me.

I get the long 22 hour flight home, step into the room, there are about 5 of them there, all huddled over the glass table racking. Oh mann, I’m dead tired, and jetlagged.. aint nobody got time for that.. Come out with us! They say… nah I’m pretty wrecked, I’m flat broke anyway, I might just rest it out. Nah come, our shout! They out the baggie in my hand.. oh well I guess when you put it that way…

We are going to bubble.. your what? Have I just landed in bizarre world? Why the hell would you go there? its so and so’s birthday, we have to.. I had my reservations, it really wasn’t my scene – more full of power muzzas then your chatty hug it out types, but I guess I just went along.

So we walked in and I immediately felt un at ease, just people staring at me/us, muscle bound blokes with tops off just slithering around. Felt like a grimey s**t hole, but hang on, I just felt all fuzzy and warm, something just kicked in, I guess I can make it work..

So we get upstairs and settle in, still didn’t feel comfortable but whatever. There was a girl there that I had a bit of a casual thing with, she was a real flirty type, evidently she had been out flirting with all these guys – until they were worked up into a lather, then she would leave them hanging – terrible behaviour! So she does all this then comes over to the couch and sits on my lap.

Immediately I see all these shirt off guys kind of congregating in our general area. One leans in and says, you want to make something of this bro? we can take out outside.

I’m like heyy woah there, I’m a lover not a fighter – but these guys didn’t look like hug it out types… They were just cruising for a punch on. So I try to put it out of my mind, but I was starting to get paranoid, I couldn’t relax,. I tried to tell my friends but they were all laughing like I was imagining it.

They go lets just go hit the dance floor!

So im out there and these guys are milling around my taking it in turns to do like these big martial arts type kicks which are wafting past my nose. I’m freaking out! My friends are no help, they are in their zone, in their own bubbles of fun… most of them are girls anyway. So I go upstairs to try and escape them, I get up there.. they are waiting for me!, they had ran up the back stair case… I go back down , they are waiting again!

Man.. I’m in trouble here! I think stuff it, ill just go outside, maybe security will protect me and I can just go. So I get out the front, they are all there waiting, two of them are hugging it out with ‘security’
OK… I’m dead, they are going to just destroy me, security will turn the blind eye… I go back upstairs to try and think of a plan, but everywhere I go they are there just eyeballing me, rolling their shoulders like in a fight warmup.

WHY DID YOU BRING ME HERE! I said to the girls… they are laughing , just relax, have some fun! You have no idea, is said, these guys are gunna get me! Can’t you even see them??? They didn’t seem to care, to them it was just a crowd of normal people on the dance floor.

Obv can’t call the cops in the state I’m in.. I felt helpless!

So I hit the toilets, of course they followed me in, ready bro? they said.. I tried to talk it out once more, but no good, all they want is to blue..

So I build up all my courage and think, that’s it, I’ve just gotta go make a run for it, ill get out the front door and do a bolt, I knew they would be there before me, just had to back my speed.

So again I make the walk down the stairs, just as I get out the door a taxi pulls up, the door flings open and some people I get out, YES! I fly in and shut the door, go!, now! Anywhere! I look out the back window and they are there cursing, we get to the corner and I see another of them sitting waiting on a step in a door way, then again on the next corner…

They had even been waiting for me to run, had stages of goons waiting.. I had no chance! The taxi saved me, just a freak of timing.

So I got home and recomposed myself, I was wrecked, the 22 hour flight, the additives, all the stress I had just endured, I just slept like an absolute log for like 13 hours.

They had a go at me next day for pulling a phamtom, I starting yelling, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT I WENT THRU, YOU WERE ALL HAVING FUN, THESE GUYS WERE … RAH RAH they were still laughing like it was a big joke. I was so angry at them.

Anyway a week or two later on the news I remember seeing that a guy got beaten and stabbed on that very corner early on a Sat morning– I just know it was those heroes getting their man. I reckon that was destined for me, I count myself lucky. Its not ideal out there anymore , even worse these days with heroes on ice or worse.

I really pulled back from going out after that, I was scared I would see them again in the city or out and about, Maybe it was the shock I needed to straighten up, but man, I wouldn’t wish it on anyone.

I hated Kandy, Bubble, etc but used to go occasionally with friends. I preferred a housier, cleaner scene like Q, 7, Ace morning. I hated those meatheads with the shirts off as well doing their boxing moves while they danced, I hated the narcissistic druggies, hated everything about the scene yet I kept going.

I stopped going out and pulled my head in a bit after I saw a bloke punch a woman right in front of me at Hard Kandy. Not sure what the deal was but I had watched the woman arguing aggressively with the guy at various points over a few hours. Eventually she came at him again and got right up in his grille and he pushed her into a chair. She responded by pulling off her shoe and going at him and leaned back and absolutely belted her on the chin. She flew backwards. I was stunned. We grabbed our stuff and left and I never went back.
Haven't been to Revs in about 10 years and will probably never go back there either.

I hated Kandy, Bubble, etc but used to go occasionally with friends. I preferred a housier, cleaner scene like Q, 7, Ace morning. I hated those meatheads with the shirts off as well doing their boxing moves while they danced, I hated the narcissistic druggies, hated everything about the scene yet I kept going.

I stopped going out and pulled my head in a bit after I saw a bloke punch a woman right in front of me at Hard Kandy. Not sure what the deal was but I had watched the woman arguing aggressively with the guy at various points over a few hours. Eventually she came at him again and got right up in his grille and he pushed her into a chair. She responded by pulling off her shoe and going at him and leaned back and absolutely belted her on the chin. She flew backwards. I was stunned. We grabbed our stuff and left and I never went back.
Haven't been to Revs in about 10 years and will probably never go back there either.

its funny, when you are in the (pun) bubble, you think its all bright and flouro and happy and everyone is cool...

step outside it and look in, everyone is horrible, gaunt, dinnerplate eyed, fake...

glad its in the past.

in the end we ended up just going to drum and bass/jungle nights, drinking beers and kicking back. Seemed a more genuine crowd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back