flyinghi64

Premiership Player
Dec 7, 2006
perth
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Been a while since i started a new thread and I have been thinking about this one for a while.

It has been a long time between drinks for an Eagle to kick 100 goals.
This year is a very good chance of us having one, particularly given we should have a couple of finals games.
Currently sitting on 46 goals at an average of 3.8 a game JK is on track. At this rate with 10 rounds to play until finals he will be targeting 84 goals plus finals. Throw in a couple of big hauls of 6+ goals and it becomes a big possibility tha he will become a centurian.

One big question.......
How will Darling affect JK's goalkicking?
Will he take goals away from him or will he take pressure and defenders off him to help him get more opportunities?

I know a lot on here don't put much value into individual awards but it would still be good to see a centurian coleman medallist from the Eagles.

Been a while since i started a new thread and I have been thinking about this one for a while.

This year is a very good chance of us having one, particularly given we should have a couple of finals games.
Currently sitting on 46 goals at an average of 3.8 a game JK is on track. At this rate with 10 rounds to play until finals he will be targeting 84 goals plus finals. Throw in a couple of big hauls of 6+ goals and it becomes a big possibility tha he will become a centurian.

One big question.......
Will he take goals away from him or will he take pressure and defenders off him to help him get more opportunities?

I know a lot on here don't put much value into individual awards but it would still be good to see a centurian coleman medallist from the Eagles.
I think he'll hit 70 to 80

We've got a tougher run home and I think he he'll average closer to 3 goals a game for the next 10 rounds bringing him to 76. 2 finals and he get's to 82.

Needs 10 against Melbourne for a sniff

One big question.......

I think we're getting enough scoring opps where Darling and Lecras won't rob him too much. Would love for JK to get to 100, All Australian too. Its funny how the game's changed and its the mids who get all the stat whore glory. It used to be the other way round a bit with the likes of Lockett and the glam forwards of the past. If anyone deserves it and some personal glory after being the "scraps" in the Judd deal .. its JK.
Love him get him up here wanna boof him!
wins the game on his left!

One big question.......

Part of the problem is that Kennedy isn't at all selfish. There's be a couple times when he has had a perfectly good shot at goal that he would almost certainly kick and he plays on and passes to Lecras or Hill or whoever is in a slightly better position.

While it is good from a team perspective, it hurts his chances for the Coleman.

Spot the jinx thread

Some idiot (ok it was me)started a Coleman watch thread 2 years ago when he was on the verge of winning it and his form went to s**t thereafter.

McDonald has been excellent this year, won't be easy for Kennedy against Melbourne.
Think it's time we looked at the defense as a unit rather than individuals. Kennedy doesn't take many pack marks (though he's very strong in front). He either has a clean lead or takes it at pace/crumbs. Could've had 4 or 5 even with "GOAT" on him spoiling well last week.

Our mids can open them up enough to make quality of 1on1 defending redundant.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Lecca will probably go past Fido, but with the injuries that he's had and being 30 next year, not much chance of him going past Suma.
JK though, a year younger and capable of kicking more goals, could get there by 2018, it'll depend on whether or not he can continue with 60+ goals a year.

Last edited:
Love Kennedy and wish him the best, but since when did finals goals count?
I mean obviously it counts. But generally when you speak of goal tallys you talk about regular season.
Hopefully he can get 70+ though! I think the days of 100 goal seasons could be behind us.

Would need to increase his accuracy to have any chance I think. Has been missing quite a few gettable shots recently. Should probably really already be 5-10 goals closer.

Would need to increase his accuracy to have any chance I think. Has been missing quite a few gettable shots recently. Should probably really already be 5-10 goals closer.

He's currently 46-26, which is a 64% conversion, which is pretty good. I can't imagine that "he should be" 5-10 goals closer. That means you think he should be hitting 71-77% of his shots. While it's possible, it shouldn't be seen as an expectation. That's unrealistic. Lockett wasn't even a 70% guy.

He's currently 46-26, which is a 64% conversion, which is pretty good. I can't imagine that "he should be" 5-10 goals closer. That means you think he should be hitting 71-77% of his shots. While it's possible, it shouldn't be seen as an expectation. That's unrealistic. Lockett wasn't even a 70% guy.
If he wants to hit 100 goals this season then 70%+ is exactly what he needs to be doing, that's all I'm saying. That, and that in the last 3 games alone I reckon he has missed probably 5 at least that he really should have kicked. It would only require converting one extra missed set shot at goal a week and he'd have 10 more goals. You can't honestly say he hasn't been missing at least one rather easy set shot a week.

If he wants to hit 100 goals this season then 70%+ is exactly what he needs to be doing, that's all I'm saying. That, and that in the last 3 games alone I reckon he has missed probably 5 at least that he really should have kicked. It would only require converting one extra missed set shot at goal a week and he'd have 10 more goals. You can't honestly say he hasn't been missing at least one rather easy set shot a week.

That's oversimplifying football though. 1 extra goal a week and he'd be there? It's not that easy.

Everything is percentages. If he lines up 35 meters out straight in front he's going to kick 8 out of 10. That still means in any one single instance he might miss it. Players sometimes miss the easy ones, just like sometimes they kick the difficult ones where they might only be a 2 in 10 chance.

He's also kicked a bunch this year that were difficult too.