Josh Walker

Remove this Banner Ad

If Brown can't get a game there's no way Walker should.

Walker may have developed a little quicker than Brown due to the injury set backs for Brown. His form certainly suggests he close to getting a game anytime soon.

Brown looks in very good shape. You can see he's hardly done any work on his arms but the thighs are huge.
Just looks to be lacking confidence when it comes time to putting those shoulders on the line.

Isn't gonna happen, most of the year they have been reluctant to play 2 talls and 2 rucks so I don't see it changing now, particularly if weather is an issue.

Walker's best chance this week is if we go with West as solo ruck and they think Walker can pinch hit as second ruck.

By the way I'm just saying what I think will happen, I'd be happy to see Walker in this week, but in such a big game and with the team balance I don't see it.

It's a pity, that mentality, the Eagles don't seem to be going to badly with their tall forwardline, and the Crows go 'ok' with their blokes as well.
I think when things need to improve, you gotta think outside your usual square!
Walker is the obvious inclusion for a proper makeover, IMO.

Suicide. He's not a defender. We also don't need him. If Brown can't get a game there's no way Walker should.
Brown has had games, Taylor back, Walker forward then, he needs to be needed at least once, great opportunity this week, he could be the positive difference, we can be assured he won't lack effort

but the bonus for us meto is those other teams who have gone big all year long, the fatigue factor will come as it always does for every team depending on how well the players have been managed.

For West Coast to win games, they need all the talls playing...take one or two of them out and they lose games.
West Coast without Lynch will struggle as he's a very important element to their forward attacks and along with Kennedy, Swans will win that game imo.
The only teams I have seen who cope well when their talls are out of the side are Carlton, Hawthorn, Sydney and ourselves.

I reckon if Cox is out, the reliance on Naitanui is too much and they begin to get drawn back to the oppositions level by halfway through a game.
Geelong have now been able to get Orren upto AFL fitness standards and we are currently getting Simpson upto standard as well so Westy will get much needed rest in the coming weeks (or general soreness;)).
All 3 blokes will walk into September quite fresh as opposed to most of the other teams who have a good game style by relying heavily on those bigger blokes.

Great get.. may come in at the expense of a ruck given the weather. Will play CHF to free up Hawkins to the goal square and had 9 hit outs in the ruck against Broc McCauley on the weekend.

Walker and Sherringham up.. is Joffa still senior listed of did he go back after MEnz cam back - sorry if I'm repeating....
If he got passed over, could be trouble for him.

Based on the upgrade, id expect to see Josh this week..

Go Catters

Walker and Sherringham up.. is Joffa still senior listed of did he go back after MEnz cam back - sorry if I'm repeating....
If he got passed over, could be trouble for him.

Based on the upgrade, id expect to see Josh this week..

Go Catters

I think Simpkin is back down again a couple of weeks ago, Sherringham's promotion is because of a long term injury ie. Menzel.

Much prefer Walker to Brown, at the minimum at least he can split some packs.

Sheringham up to. That's not good news for Simpkin looking forward.

Maybe. But remember Brown did nothing the first few times he played seniors, and after kicking 9 in the seconds he struggled to have an impact when promoted. Last week was the first time he looked really comfortable out there. If Walker was to get promoted there's no guarantee he's going to be any better - yet.

(I do think both players are very very talented, just at the moment young and raw)

Josh has just be upgraded to the senior list

Just checked the Calendar to see if it's my birthday,sure feels like it.fair comment from Partridge too by the way,but if he gets a start it sounds as though he's put in the work right from the beginning of the preseason.
It would do the future of the Cats no harm if he or Vardy could hold down a key forward post for the next 10 years.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just checked the Calendar to see if it's my birthday,sure feels like it.fair comment from Partridge too by the way,but if he gets a start it sounds as though he's put in the work right from the beginning of the preseason.
It would do the future of the Cats no harm if he or Vardy could hold down a key forward post for the next 10 years.

Watched us play Sandringham in the 2's a month or so ago and Walker was up against Gwilt and looked to match him well for strength. Took a massive hanger and generally presented really well...definitely a pack splitter.

I like him, think he will be a good long term option for us up front. Expect him to be very limited in output as all of Brown, Reid and Tarrant are playing, but as long as he gives it a go I will be stoked!

Generally players tend to play seniors straight after an elevation... So do we expect debutants 9 and 10 sat night?

Just call me nostrashaneo ;)

Watched us play Sandringham in the 2's a month or so ago and Walker was up against Gwilt and looked to match him well for strength. Took a massive hanger and generally presented really well...definitely a pack splitter.

I like him, think he will be a good long term option for us up front. Expect him to be very limited in output as all of Brown, Reid and Tarrant are playing, but as long as he gives it a go I will be stoked!

Regarding his marking, got a bit of the Andrew walker's from carlton about him. Gets up higher than Joe Cocker and makes them stick I want to say more complete player than Walker but given he's about to debut i'll hold me tongue...for now

Go Catters

Regarding his marking, got a bit of the Andrew walker's from carlton about him. Gets up higher than Joe Cocker and makes them stick I want to say more complete player than Walker but given he's about to debut i'll hold me tongue...for now

Go Catters
Just has crack and everyone loves a player like that.....will be a favourite of many when they see him crashing packs against the pies.

Tough gig first up against Collingwood in the wet. I just hope he doesn't have the yips in front of goal. Lingy said he wasn't the best kick, and that's all we need another big strong forward to crash packs, take marks and miss goals.

Tough gig first up against Collingwood in the wet. I just hope he doesn't have the yips in front of goal. Lingy said he wasn't the best kick, and that's all we need another big strong forward to crash packs, take marks and miss goals.

Your right he missed a couple but he looked pretty fluent in his action and didn't have the look of kicking for sheep stations on his face when lining up.

Your right he missed a couple but he looked pretty fluent in his action and didn't have the look of kicking for sheep stations on his face when lining up.
Thought he was fantastic last night.....Hawk and him looked dangerous against good opposition.

Fantastic Pace and gave a credible second ruck option.

Am thinking that we could even look at a three pronged attack when Pods comes back and Walker to take the chop in the ruck.

Will be put on senior list next year.

Don't really see why Brown was apparently not good enough to stay in, but Walker was "fantastic". Thought he looked ok, but no more or less promising than Brown. Get games into both of them ASAP.

Don't really see why Brown was apparently not good enough to stay in, but Walker was "fantastic". Thought he looked ok, but no more or less promising than Brown. Get games into both of them ASAP.

Totally agree with this. Once again we have a player that people have decided they like and that's it. He did well, and I think will be better for the experience, but still has MILES to go. Not sure why he was touted as a viable ruck option either; Simpson would have been a much better bet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back