Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

Watch the Geelong game - they're home and wear white shorts v a Navy team - looks so much better.

Making any team wear white shorts v Roos is ridiculous.

If blue shorts mean that much to you, have a predominantly blue based home jumper.

Roos are the only club that think shorts are sacred.

The thing I don’t get though is that North could wear their blue and we could wear navy and there’d be no clash issues. North don’t even need to compromise unless it’s West Coast if the AFL allowed this like they used to.

Why? It's our home strip. Adelaide in white was fine, as would their home kit. No clash.
It's even worse given when Geelong is the home team (as proven by today's game), the same rules does not apply to the cats. The AFL could at least be consistent with it but no.

North insist on Blue shorts in their home strip. It's their home match, blue shorts is their home strip, that's what they play in. It's up to the match-day opposition and the AFL to ensure the opposing team doesn't wear white shorts.

In contrast, Geelong are happy to wear white shorts in a home match. And I think it looks mint by the way.

I don't see why North be told what their home strip should contain. Many other sports worldwide have famous teams with different coloured shorts to their jerseys/shirts in their home strip. The Leagues adapt.

In this regard, the AFL is archaic.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back