Lingsface

Premiership Player
May 9, 2005
perth
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
geelong
I think the 3 and the 5 are pretty hard to beat also most in the single digits so who has the best in double figures.

some off the top of my head.

My favourite number is 32 because of Garry Hocking, others I can remember wearing that number are Bell, Embley, Riccutio, Watson
currently no stars are wearing that number.

Lots of great players Nigel Lappin, Tom Stewart, Stephen Milne, David Wirrapanda, Corey Enright
seems to be a current popular number as well with good players for the future, Tim English, Cameron Zuharr, Jake Lloyd, Callum Wilkie.

#23 Probably the most stars have worn this number with people like Beckham Jordan and Warne all wearing this number it was a generation of people fighting for this number.
Buddy Franklin, Andrew Mcleod, Dermott Brereton.
Current players it seems to of dropped away, Charlie Cameron the main star with the number.

Robert Harvey, Chapman, Peter Daicos all champions but the best of this number is probably currently with Dangerfield, N Daicos, J Sinclair, C Daniel

I think the 3 and the 5 are pretty hard to beat also most in the single digits so who has the best in double figures.

My favourite number is 32 because of Garry Hocking, others I can remember wearing that number are Bell, Embley, Riccutio, Watson

Lots of great players Nigel Lappin, Tom Stewart, Stephen Milne, David Wirrapanda, Corey Enright
seems to be a current popular number as well with good players for the future, Tim English, Cameron Zuharr, Jake Lloyd, Callum Wilkie.

#23 Probably the most stars have worn this number with people like Beckham Jordan and Warne all wearing this number it was a generation of people fighting for this number.
Current players it seems to of dropped away, Charlie Cameron the main star with the number.

Robert Harvey, Chapman, Peter Daicos all champions but the best of this number is probably currently with Dangerfield, N Daicos, J Sinclair, C Daniel
Lionel Messi isn't a star to you?

Growing up it was #18 with Carey and Lloyd. Was also a Brad Green fan.

I'll have to disagree about #35. Peter Daicos is the best to have worn it in my lifetime. Absolute superstar and comfortably in the top 10 players I've seen.

He was nicknamed the 'Macedonian Marvel's for a reason.

I'll have to disagree about #35. Peter Daicos is the best to have worn it in my lifetime. Absolute superstar and comfortably in the top 10 players I've seen.

He was nicknamed the 'Macedonian Marvel's for a reason.
But Dangerfield and his son are better than him alone, at the moment is the strongest the number has been.

I went straight to 44 as well, for Johnny Platten & Tim English. You also have to add Richard Osborne who wore it at multiple clubs and won goal kicking awards at multiple clubs in the 44 jumper too.

You can add Johnny Platten to the list of No 44's. In fact, I'd say he is the best No 44 of those named, having won a Brownlow (and a Magarey), 5 x AA, multiple B&F's, 4 flags, Hawthorn TOTC, etc.

Edit: Beaten by Mofra

32 was a popular number even further back. Lethal started with 32 and there were others about that time like Barry Davis an Bryan Quirk.

Definately some famous numbers overlooked.

My favourite growing up was Jason Dunstall, who wore no 19. Other noteworthy players include Eddie Betts, Tom Lynch, Jack Gunston, Micky O, etc. Not the best number ever I suppose but had to include for my own personal bias.

No 20 has had some very famous names though - Simon Black, Dean Cox, Stevie J, Schimma, Geoff Southby, Dick Harris and some decent next tier players like Jim Jess, Chris Tarrant, Chad Wingard, etc.

GAJ
Pavlich
Boomer Harvey
Kevin Bartlett

Pendles
Shane Edwards
Paul Williams
Big Carl
John Coleman
Bill Mohr

Some bloody good records here - AFL Tables - Jumper Numbers

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Other noteworthy "23's" include David Dench, Darren Glass, Doug Wade, Stewie Loewe, Justin Leppitsch, etc. At Hawthorn, the number was famous before Dermie, first with John Peck (3 x Coleman medallist) and then Don Scott (1st ruck in our TOTC).

#11 has always been a favourite for obvious reasons:
  • Max Gawn
  • Jim Stynes
  • Bruce Doull
  • Alastair Lynch
  • Glenn Archer
  • Joel Corey
  • Joel Bowden
  • Leigh Montagna
  • Gary Buckenara
  • Tom Papley
  • Touk Miller
  • Jack Macrae
#12 has been pretty handy too:
  • Nick Riewoldt
  • Matthew Richardson
  • Todd Viney
  • Jason Akermanis
  • Josh Kennedy (Sydney)
  • John Blakey
  • Jordan Dawson
#22 also a cracker in modern times:
  • Todd Goldstein
  • Tony Shaw
  • Steele Sidebottom
  • Mitch Duncan
  • Luke Bruest
  • Shane Woewodin (Brownlow year)
  • Chris Scott

Definitely not 36 from a Hawks perspective.

Joel Selwood
Bob Skilton
Paul Kelly
Early Lockett
Bachar Houli
Luke Darcy

24 had Dempsey, Knights, Langford and Worsfold.

27 had Greig, Parkin, Madden, G Jakovich

29 had Cordy, KB, Pav, Harvey and Greene

29 would have to be most games played by the top 4 or 5 players with that number.

Add in Don McKenzie - Essendon

I really liked him - real effort and energy to every contest - a big spring in him for a ruckman - had a bit of dirt in him - but a real competitor

39 not been mentioned yet - Dale Thomas and Heath Shaw come to mind.

24 had Dempsey, Knights, Langford and Worsfold.

27 had Greig, Parkin, Madden, G Jakovich

29 had Cordy, KB, Pav, Harvey and Greene

29 would have to be most games played by the top 4 or 5 players with that number.
Ablett jnr 29 as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back