Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

No way. We are fortunate to be in a league where the colours/designs of the foundation clubs are respected. You don't throw that away for no reason.
Carlton
Carlton-1873.gif

Collingwood
Collingwood-1897.gif

Essendon
Essendon-1873.gif

Geelong
Geelong-1859.gif

Hawthorn
Hawthorn-1902.gif

Melbourne
Melbourne-1858.gif

North Melbourne
North-1874.gif

Port Adelaide
Port-1870.gif

Richmond
Richmond-1885.gif

St Kilda
StKilda-1873L.gif

Sydney
South-1874.gif

Western Bulldogs
Footscray-1874.gif

Yes - Alot of respect there..........

I will, and come regular season when I'm flicking over the channels I might come across a traditional Collingwood v Carlton match and stop to take a look because I recognise the matchup. Then I might check in here to see how much you cgaf about the ongoing traditionalist argument.
Yet I'm the opposite.

I flick and see a Collingwood vs Carlton matchup and decide to watch the 503 game by default as it wont be a mind f*ck trying to figure out who's who.

Aaaaaaaand here we go again 🙄

It’s really not hard
The annoying thing is they're so inconsistent with it. Carlton have a clash jumper, but they just won't wear it against "traditional" sides who they actually clash with.

I wonder how this AFL23 game is going to handle these jumper clashes. Imagine trying to play a game with these jumper selections.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It is Always Carlton—every single bloody time.

With Collingwood, With Essendon with Richmond. They never ever wear the clash against these 3 teams. It is SO annoying.
Yep, as soon as you see Carlton listed as the away team you know it will be trouble.

Carlton home - All navy, Collingwood white base with white shorts
Collingwood home - Whatever they like, Carlton opposite

Its a simple solution.

Games like rugby and gridiron which have each team separated by starting on opposite sides at the beginning of each play don’t need clash jumpers like AFL and soccer do

I wish we would just do a similar thing to what we do with Geelong to avoid the clash with Carlton. If we wear out black stripes on white base jumper regardless of whether it's home or away the problem is gone. There was never a clash prior to the Pies going with the darker strip
But there was a clash cats v pies with traditional kits. North v Pies too - last game I went to a VP was pies v North and it was poor. Not impossible, but not as good as it should have been.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back