Jumper clash fails

Remove this Banner Ad

exactly so it isnt a proper clash strip. they need something, like every club has, out of the ordinary, break in case of emergency strip. one that eddie has refused to do all these years.

ess all red, port silver, rich all yellow etc etc etc! its not hard. and they shouldnt just be able to refuse to do it anymore

No it does work, unless a club decides to crack the shits about playing at a 100k seat stadium instead of their shitty little 30k seat dump for a massive final.

Geelong would create the exact same issues against Port or Essendon or Carlton or Freo or any dark team if they did the same thing but they usually don’t, their jumper is white so white shorts. It’s not that ******* hard!

But I understand why you can’t see it given Port wear a dark jumper but insist on a white back...

View attachment 979629

Like this maybe? Of course Eddie wouldn't allow this, it was worn in olden days under the presidency of {checks notes} Eddie McGuire.
even if they wore this with white shorts it would be an eyesore against geelong with blue shorts.
geelong (and the whole league) need to get over white being a wussy colour, a colour of surrender, and scrap the old white shorts away policy once and for all

Eddie's latest whinge about the Geelong jumper is absurd beyond belief. Of course, Geelong should wear the complete "home" strip relegating Collingwood to it's "away" gear. Here's a tip Eddie, finish higher than 8th and you might have some clout. Collingwood's only obligation and right this week is to turn up and play! There is no argument on this.

This is ridiculous. Short colours need to reflect the majority colour of the guernsey to reduce clashes and help with contrasting colours. Geelong should always wear white shorts unless they are wearing their clash guernsey.

Eddie's latest whinge about the Geelong jumper is absurd beyond belief. Of course, Geelong should wear the complete "home" strip relegating Collingwood to it's "away" gear. Here's a tip Eddie, finish higher than 8th and you might have some clout. Collingwood's only obligation and right this week is to turn up and play! There is no argument on this.
Why is it only an Issue v Collingwood in finals? It hasn't been an issue since 2014 for Geelong v Richmond matches. As the home team Geelong have worn White shorts against Carlton, Essendon and collingwood in the last 5 years.

Just commit to something so we can determine whether or not Collingwood even need a different clash strip. And then stick to it.

Like this?

images

I was thinking still the three stripes but 1/3 the width

This is ridiculous. Short colours need to reflect the majority colour of the guernsey to reduce clashes and help with contrasting colours. Geelong should always wear white shorts unless they are wearing their clash guernsey.
Or they're playing a team like GC where navy shorts isn't an issue. Let's not make blanket rules that are bigger than necessary.

I was thinking still the three stripes but 1/3 the width
Agreed. The problem as I see it is that Collingwood's "dark" strip isn't entirely dark. Yes, when viewed from the back or sides, the jumper is overwhelmingly black or dark. But thing is, from the front, it's still predominantly white. They just need to create a 3rd strip which still has 3 white stripes on the front, but they are thinner, so the black is the majority colour that hits you. The 2 striped jumper achieved this, but just looked a bit awkward. This overwhelmingly black kit would probably only be needed when pies are away to the Cats or Kangas, and avoids the need to adopt a radical new colour.

I think that Collingwood actually came up with a wonderful solution many years ago:

They should wear a training guernsey, just like Port Adelaide were forced to:

1602087696840.png

I think that this nice little orange number won't clash with Geelong. It even has a pretty little magpie on it. Perfect!

1602087785779.png

I think it's high time we realise Collingwood won't sort it out and need to take the only reasonable action available. They wear whatever Newcastle United put up as their second kit that season, in other words a proper contrast for black and white stripes. Pies can wear this for the next 12 months as the away team:
JlYeJjC.png
A team dressed as umpires?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think that Collingwood actually came up with a wonderful solution many years ago:

View attachment 980029

I think that this nice little orange number won't clash with Geelong. It even has a pretty little magpie on it. Perfect!

View attachment 980030

haha id vote for it.. a bit of payback does sound nice lol

View attachment 980029

View attachment 980030

To be honest this is the sort of s**t they should be forced to wear ffs.

Just delete the white shorts rule so that you don't add large blocks of white to teams where it isn't required.

Navy vs black shorts in this game would be fine and would be better than Collingwood wearing white. Geelong should be able to wear their full home strip.

Just delete the white shorts rule so that you don't add large blocks of white to teams where it isn't required.

Navy vs black shorts in this game would be fine and would be better than Collingwood wearing white. Geelong should be able to wear their full home strip.
And we know how little they care for tradition when it comes to Finals locations so there should be no problem from Geelong.

Hocking pushed for Geelong to wear the dark shorts in the same match up last year when it was a Cats home final. Wouldn’t be surprised to see it happen again.

Pushed? They did!

But don't forget all the hoopla about Geelong wanting a home final etc. Geelong were petty in demanding to wear navy shorts, and the AFL acquiesced probably due to the venue kerfuffle.

None of that this time and surely the AFL will direct Geelong-white shorts and Collingwood-black shorts

Geelong just need to be firm on this and not pick and choose when they play to play this card. I.e. when they play Collingwood or have a bugbear with Eddie.

If White top, navy shorts is your home, preferred strip, be firm on it and tell everyone else to get stuffed. Love how the jumper is secred as all hell but the shorts is ‘not part of the outfit’

Let’s remember North look like a shambolic mess in their all blue kit.

View attachment 980030

Wish we did get serious and ensure all clubs have a third kit made up colours that aren’t their primary colours. Then just wear it if there’s a clash between home and away strips. Simple enough.

Round ball football competitions don’t implode when away teams have to wear an ugly looking third kit.

(EDITED)
Solid rant by Mark Fine yesterday about Collingwood's jumpers. :p 17 mins 10s into the podcast

Last edited:
Solid rant by Mark Fine yesterday about Collingwood's jumpers. :p 1h 05m 55s into the podcast

??? I just got a long rant about sports betting?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back