Just a feeling...

Remove this Banner Ad

nobulltiger

Cancelled
Jan 22, 2012
Vic
AFL Club
Richmond
The AFL wants to create a new rivalry, Richmond and Gold Coast.

Seeing round 1 vs gold coast instead of Carlton, just felt all too plotted. I know there's some excuse what was it? Cricket or something I can't remember.

But, we were the laughing stock when it came to the Gold Coast suns, it just makes sense to me.

What I'm getting at is we just might be seeing them round 1 over the next few years

The AFL wants to create a new rivalry, Richmond and Gold Coast.

Seeing round 1 vs gold coast instead of Carlton, just felt all too plotted. I know there's some excuse what was it? Cricket or something I can't remember.

But, we were the laughing stock when it came to the Gold Coast suns, it just makes sense to me.

MCG isn't avaliable in R1, if they want to start it in mid March then all r1 games will be ho hum (like richmond/GC) forever...

Gold Coast will be a good club (if they aren't already)

They are already too good to have a rivalry with GWS which i think we all expected.

Blessing in disguise.Opening game in Melb against Carlton always had that added pressure which we didn't cope to well with.(Give us Good Friday vs Carlton).Having said that,Making it an annual opening rnd with GC up there will only get harder each year before it gets better from our perspective.

Yeah I think they want too build a rivalry too, But the rivalry with Carlton will never be passed by the Gold Coast.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MCG isn't avaliable in R1, if they want to start it in mid March then all r1 games will be ho hum (like richmond/GC) forever...

Wont be forever. Cricket will be moving to the Junction Oval at some stage. There's a lot of wrangling going on over funding but it will happen and the MCG will be available earlier.

The AFL will make sure of it one way or another.

No doubting GC are on the rise and will be pushing for the 8 this year, but two good teams playing each other isn't quite the same as a rivalry.

Vs Carlton always means a lot to me. Dreamtime always means a lot. Vs Collingwood always means a lot. We've played those games as rank outsiders for a decade, but they didn't lose any meaning, for me, because we were a long way back. They have always been and will always be season defining games.

In 100 years, Rnd 1 against GC might mean as much, but I'll be boxed and buried, by then.

I'm sure it'll be a tight game, but it just won't mean much to me. The real season opens against the Cheats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No doubting GC are on the rise and will be pushing for the 8 this year, but two good teams playing each other isn't quite the same as a rivalry.

Vs Carlton always means a lot to me. Dreamtime always means a lot. Vs Collingwood always means a lot. We've played those games as rank outsiders for a decade, but they didn't lose any meaning, for me, because we were a long way back. They have always been and will always be season defining games.

In 100 years, Rnd 1 against GC might mean as much, but I'll be boxed and buried, by then.

I'm sure it'll be a tight game, but it just won't mean much to me. The real season opens against the Cheats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which cheats? Carlton or Essendon?

Which cheats? Carlton or Essendon?

Good point, and we could put the Dees in there too.

But I mean the ones who have actually been convicted of cheating, not the ones who have been convicted of poor governance or acting in a manner prejudicial to the interests of the competition. Namely Carlton.

That game will be more season defining to me in 2014 than most.

It will be a rivarly I care little for. When you go to the footy knowing you're playing against the Blues it's something that can't be re-created. Losing to them is not just losing and onto next week. It's sheer depression. Walking to my car after the final loss this year was a nightmare experience.

Would mind a rivalry developing with them - though I prefer the Lions due to our relatively good record against them recently ;)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back