Retired Justin Clarke (2011-2016)

Remove this Banner Ad

I think he's going quite well. He's had two or three games this year where he would look back and think he could have done a bit better, but that's being fairly picky, and considering there is a new coach to adjust to, and that many players struggle in their 2nd year at the top level, I would say I'm fairly pleased with where he's at. His game against Carlton I thought was probably his best game for the year.

Plays better with Goose in the team. Whether that is perhaps some leadership from Goose, or just a different match up that it produces for Clarke, he is much improved. I think if Goose was to go out, Merrett would need to go back to fill that position. Clarke seems to be a bit more settled and sure of himself and his position in the defensive setup lately as well. Even with ball in hand, he has done well in making position to get some of the ball, and not just be a 1 dimensional spoil type defender.

I watch this lad live and I watch this lad on the telebishion. I like him. He gives it his all. He gets his marks and then he gets his punches right most of time. He gets his position right nearly always. Not a sexy possy to play but he gets the job done without the kudos.

I watch this lad live and I watch this lad on the telebishion. I like him. He gives it his all. He gets his marks and then he gets his punches right most of time. He gets his position right nearly always. Not a sexy possy to play but he gets the job done without the kudos.
Agree entirely.
Just does his job every week. Most weeks tis not an easy job.but he always gives his all.
Really happy we have him.

Such a luxury to have a KPP we can lock into a position for 10+ years. To get him in the rookie draft is a massive bonus as well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Developing really well. Possibly our most improved player along with Bewick.

Has had a great year and has seemed to improve every aspect of his game. His foot skills have already gone past where I would have thought they would end up, at the beginning of the season I would almost cover my eyes when he went for the big switch...now he seems very comfortable hitting a 50m pass.

I still think that his best role will be as a FB but he will certainly not be a liability coming out of defence, should be the cornerstone of the back six for the next decade.

Handball lets him down at the present, when he gets a better handle on them he will be much better than he is now, & now he's better than good.

Clarke picks up player of the round. I particularly like the acknowledgement he gets from Riewoldt right at the end.

When he stood shoulder to shoulder with Riewoldt in the square, & outmarked him........wow. Every week he shows another string to his bow. Gun.

Will never be a great rebounding defender (which we probably don't want him to be anyway), but can kick the ball 50m+ and is improving his movement every time he plays.

Also has another 5-7 kgs of bulk to put on too, only 93kg for his 195cm frame :cool:

Very good 10 year career ahead :thumbsu:

Clarke picks up player of the round. I particularly like the acknowledgement he gets from Riewoldt right at the end.

I didn't watch the game but those highlights are very impressive.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back