Kangaroos Steal Greenwood from Suns

What's the bloke supposed to say? He didn't have a choice in the matter. The club has massively disrespected him at best. If someone came along and offered me a better deal after being treated like that then I'd be gone too. Has nothing to answer for

He had plenty to say on it, as outlined above, he also went on the front foot on twitter at the time.

If he was aggrieved he could of said nothing.

he has obviously had this head turned by North, despite probably doing a handshake deal with GC that he wouldnt be leaving.

Ultimately this is an own goal by Gold Coast, they allowed this to happen but HG isn't squeaky clean on this either and has done the same in the past with the Wildcats.

What's that got to do with anything?

I could tell you your opinion means little because Carey is still a legend of you club, see how stupid that is?
Questioning the character of Hugh Greenwood when Tex Walker is your club captain.....yeah Carey is a North legend but we were pretty quick to get rid weren't we, ironically, to Adelaide haha.

Greenwood moved for more guaranteed money, the opportunity to play in front of family and friends in Tassie, his and his families relationship with David Noble and to settle his family in Melbourne. It's not rocket science. The move has worked out perfectly for him.

Doesnt sound like it if you read this.

"The Suns have been transparent with me and my manager throughout this whole process and I was fully committed to doing everything I could to ensure the club continued to take steps in its journey towards success," Greenwood said

Sounds like he agreed to the clubs plan, and North jumped all over it. Brilliant from North and kudos for them having a crack and getting it done. All I am saying is there has to be question marks over Hugh Greenwood, he has done GC dirty here.
He certainly showed good character around the time of his delisting. He would have been within his rights to absolutely blast the club for delisting one of their best players like a bunch of amateurs. North showed Greenwood that they valued him a lot more than GC did.

He certainly showed good character around the time of his delisting. He would have been within his rights to absolutely blast the club for delisting one of their best players like a bunch of amateurs. North showed Greenwood that they valued him a lot more than GC did.
Yeah that’s fair, I thought he was very generous to GC when it happened, perhaps that’s why I am judging him harshly now, did he play Gold Coast?

I hope it works out for him, he was one of my favourites at Adelaide.

There’s always some that are naive and think it was a relationship with a coach or the love of a club that brings a player across in these sorts of situations.

He got more money waved at us that Gold Coast then offered to match.

The reason he's not a Gold Coast player is they delisted him.

They stuffed it up enormously, this is no prized out by unmatcheable money deal

I think it might have been for Gold Coast mate. Remember hey are the club giving away players and good draft picks for cap space.

Nah, he left for more money.
Gold Coast never matched it, but they did get him off the hook with his current contract and allow north to entice him over with more cash.

Greenwood left because he got a much better financial offer than the one he could get at GC.

For a bloke who will be 30 before the start of next season, the possibility of three more years on better coin was impossible to ignore. It’s not a slight on Greenwoods character, that’s just human nature. North had the cash and offered it. GC were earlier looking to offload players because of lack of cash.

Good on him. He will bring some defensive toughness to the midfield that the younger guys in there haven’t shown yet.

Nah, he left for more money.
Gold Coast never matched it, but they did get him off the hook with his current contract and allow north to entice him over with more cash.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This is such tremendous rewriting of history.

If they wanted to get his money of the books, why didn't they trade him?

They stuffed it up and North swooped.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

This is such tremendous rewriting of history.

If they wanted to get his money of the books, why didn't they trade him?

They stuffed it up and North swooped.

Your post reads as if you haven’t fully understood my comments.

They didn’t want to get his money off the books. They just couldn’t afford the upgrade in years and contract $$$ that North offered him. It was a brain fart to delist him, to allow North to swoop.

They didn’t want to get his money off the books. They just couldn’t afford the upgrade in years and contract $$$ that North offered him. It was a brain fart to delist him, to allow North to swoop.

Agreed there.

Some have been trying to paint the situation as 4D chess from the Suns where they wanted to get rid of him in that way.

Reality is that David Noble is the only coach in the league who could have made it work and even then, it only happened because of Cunnington's heath issues.

Agreed there.

Some have been trying to paint the situation as 4D chess from the Suns where they wanted to get rid of him in that way.
I don’t think there have been any reports of this being the case. What commentary have you seen that suggests that?

All media outlets have lambasted the Suns for allowing North to offer him a significantly better contract for him to accept.

Questioning the character of Hugh Greenwood when Tex Walker is your club captain.....yeah Carey is a North legend but we were pretty quick to get rid weren't we, ironically, to Adelaide haha.

Greenwood moved for more guaranteed money, the opportunity to play in front of family and friends in Tassie, his and his families relationship with David Noble and to settle his family in Melbourne. It's not rocket science. The move has worked out perfectly for him.

If you disagreed with his questioning of Greenwoods character then call him out for that is my point, Tex/who he supports has nothing to do with it. For all you know he agrees with you about Tex.

If you disagreed with his questioning of Greenwoods character then call him out for that is my point, Tex/who he supports has nothing to do with it. For all you know he agrees with you about Tex.

Nobody can defend what Tex has said and he has a lot of ground to make up with a lot of people. My stance initially on it was that I thought he was best to retire.
I have softened on that stance now but it doesnt mean I am any less disappointed in him.

Idk how anyone could be mad at NM for this, Fair play. I could see Greenwood copping a little flack from it but people will stop giving a s**t within a year anyways so more power to him.

Idk how anyone could be mad at NM for this, Fair play. I could see Greenwood copping a little flack from it but people will stop giving a sh*t within a year anyways so more power to him.

I have no issue with NM, it was a brilliant move by them, even more so in light of the recent news surrounding Cunnington.

I don’t think there have been any reports of this being the case. What commentary have you seen that suggests that?

All media outlets have lambasted the Suns for allowing North to offer him a significantly better contract for him to accept.

On here there have. I know.

He is pretty young to the game though, so if his body holds up he could play a bit longer then most 30s.
I can’t believe Jake Lever is only 25. Feels like he’s been a veteran since 2017.
Hope so, the AFL seem to stamp the papers of players once they turn 30 more than any sport in the world.

Back