News Karmichael Hunt NEWS

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the NRC Grand Final from tonight and there was an interview with K about his transition into Union, and it amazes me that in every interview he's so positive of AFL. He was talking about how difficult AFL was, how athletic you had to be, how physical the game actually was, and how fit you needed to be - then said Rugby is a much easier game lol. What a champ.

Can't wait to see him dominate next year in the Super Rugby, then hopefully as a Wallaby.
Wouldn't that mean K took the easy option? I guess this is the difference between the 22 year old kid that was enthusiastic about the challenge of converting to a new game and a 27 year old man who understands his body limitations. In his own words his body wasn't physically up to the challenge of AFL footy and I think that's where the respect for the game comes from. Mentality I think Karmichael definitely had the desire to succeed in the sport (unlike Izzy) but his body wouldn't let him, which would have been frustrating. It was the right time for both player and club to part ways.

K grew up playing Union for Churchie and played in France just before joining the Suns so he isn't short of experience in the code. I think he'll do well and I'd really like to see him make it into the Wallabies squad as well. It'd also be great if he managed to make the Aussie team for the 2016 Olympics. You have to remember he is in his physical peak right now so there is no reason as to why he can't achieve great things in Union.

Loved cheering on Hunt for you guys. I'm going to see him tonight lining up as fly half for the Reds vs Brumbies in the first game game of the season in Canberra.

Loved cheering on Hunt for you guys. I'm going to see him tonight lining up as fly half for the Reds vs Brumbies in the first game game of the season in Canberra.
Keen to see how he goes! I've started to follow Super Rugby purely because of K - so hopefully his dragging me along is a blessing in disguise as opposed to the Reds season last year! I reckon he'll go far.

Keen to see how he goes! I've started to follow Super Rugby purely because of K - so hopefully his dragging me along is a blessing in disguise as opposed to the Reds season last year! I reckon he'll go far.

I'm a big K fan too. I'm sure you'd remember that game he played against us at Etihad stadium where he was outstanding.

I'm not the biggest Super Rugby fan but I usually get to at least two or three Brumbies games each year.

Well the Reds were pathetic.. To undisciplined at the breakdown 12 penalties in the first half was not good enough, k probably better suited to 15 where he will get a bit more space to do his thing. I'd really like to see him at out centre with oconnor at 15 Quade at 10 could really work

Well the Reds were pathetic.. To undisciplined at the breakdown 12 penalties in the first half was not good enough, k probably better suited to 15 where he will get a bit more space to do his thing. I'd really like to see him at out centre with oconnor at 15 Quade at 10 could really work

Yeap, it was ugly. very hard to watch

Considering going to Suncorp on Saturday for the Reds vs. Force game. Sounds like O'Connor will be played at 10 while K will be moved back further - not a bad idea. JOC is a ******* beast.

Considering going to Suncorp on Saturday for the Reds vs. Force game. Sounds like O'Connor will be played at 10 while K will be moved back further - not a bad idea. JOC is a ******* beast.
dont rate joc that much.. hes the best they have at 10 atm until quade comes back

Not knowing much about rugby, what kind of skills will K take over to their code from AFL that would make him stand out? Is it possible he will have the impact Izzy had?
The commentators in last week's game commented on his great ball kicking technique, then spoke for a few minutes about having learnt it during his time at the Suns.

Apart from his kicking, his spatial awareness will have improved too. Other than that, I'll leave it for an expert haha

Yeah his ability to kick the ball during play and kicking to touch. Very helpful for the forwards going into line outs. One kick he was 30 out and got it to within the brumbies 5 mtr line.. Other then that we havnt seen much of his game yet as the Reds got smashed.. There was also one stage where he went for an afl tackle and didn't get his arms around and was called for a shoulder charge.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well *.

Karmichael Hunt charged with supplying cocaine

Karmichael Hunt, one Australia’s most successful sportsmen, has been charged with supplying cocaine as part of an investigation by Queensland’s crime and corruption commission.

Hunt, 28, was arrested and charged with four counts of supply on Thursday evening, days after playing as five-eighth for the Queensland Reds rugby team.

Guardian Australia understands Hunt’s arrest is related to an earlier joint CCC and police probe that allegedly uncovered cocaine trafficking by another prominent footballer, onetime Queensland rugby league player Jason Smith.

Hunt was expected to appear in the Southport magistrates court on March 5.

He was charged along with two other men and a woman whom the CCC said in a statement had been “identified allegedly arranging the supply of cocaine during an ongoing drug trafficking investigation”.

Looks like the charges are from June/July 2014. I really hope this doesn't come back on any of our players or impact on the Suns at all. Wow

Looks like the charges are from June/July 2014. I really hope this doesn't come back on any of our players or impact on the Suns at all. Wow
I doubt it, or the article (some article, somewhere) would mention it. Just K and a few others that are named.

I doubt it, or the article (some article, somewhere) would mention it. Just K and a few others that are named.

Hunt and two men and a woman were last night issued their notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging they “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.

Hunt and two men and a woman were last night issued their notices to appear in court, with the CCC alleging they “arranged for the supply of cocaine for personal use or to on-supply cocaine to friends and colleagues between June and December last year”.
I read another article that described the figures in more detail. Didn't match any of the Suns boys.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back