KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the chalkboard at the Herald Sun offices, Player expenditures for Violet Town and Nagambie in 2012.
Violet Town $140,000
Nagambie $85,000

Interesting to see VT are playing Panton Hill this saturday. A Northern League Division 3 team.

The other club that has taken a lot of H'berg players this season. Think its currently 5-6 players. Including Zac Williams. Be fun to wacth the Williams Sisters on opposing teams.

You'd imagine VT with their signings to have a fairly easy day of it.

What other practice matches are happening this weekend? Undera playing Lancy on Sunday.

I know Avenel play Broadford this week.

I'm surprised Lancaster and Undera are playing each other. You would think clubs would want to organise practice matches with teams that they aren't going to be competing for premiership points with.

Straight from the chalkboard at the Herald Sun offices, Player expenditures for Violet Town and Nagambie in 2012.
Violet Town $140,000
Nagambie $85,000

Awesome made up figures.. Though I guess VT would likely be nearing the $100k mark, which a few major league clubs would be happy with. Will be interested to see if they can sustain that kind of spending or whether they've just launched into this year.

Like I've said, not going to ridicule them for 'spending up big' because if Rushy could raise that much I'm sure we'd do the same, I imagine jaxbac would be busting for a response, how long does this red card system last for..?

Is there any word out of lanky, were the losses that were stated a couple of weeks ago (pell, Casey, brunt, etc) on the mark and have they recruited many other than Barnett..? Would be a good effort by them to push VT this year given you could justifiably argue they'd be spending half as much.

Anyone else sick of this violet town thread and who they have picked up:thumbsdown: yawn

Not really, but happy for you to give us something insightful to talk about..

You're happy to have a crack at blokes but don't provide any alternate topics to chat about.

Not really, but happy for you to give us something insightful to talk about..

You're happy to have a crack at blokes but don't provide any alternate topics to chat about.

Ok lets switch it up! How many recruits has patten pulled in at girgaree and are we expecting them to figure up near the finals? Also i hear the tally boys are also purring along nicely with a big recruit from tasmania on the radar! can anyone confirm? What about stanhope and who they have picked up and lost, they are a serial finalist but is this the year when they miss out? Im also thinking that merrigigum will improve dramictally and be around that top 6 with barnett and stammers and a few more tat 2.s players! My theory is the top 3 will be vt, lancy and murch to be pretty dominant and then rushy and naggaz to round that out and to be honest there will be some cracking games between the sides from 5th to 10th i think which hasnt been like that for a while! Improved leauge this year!!! Hows that T. pez:thumbsu:

Huge step down in level of footy for the gun VT recruits. Couldn't they get the same coin down town? Most are still in there prime you would think with more to offer the major leagues. Sorry Marco ;-)

Haha thats ok supastarr! Having played against most those recruits in gv i do understand they are going to be stars of the comp but until they do that i think enough has been said about them! Who knows they might get injuries or just not adapt to a lower level or even slackin off in there training! who knows only time will tell:eek:

Awesome made up figures.. Though I guess VT would likely be nearing the $100k mark, which a few major league clubs would be happy with. Will be interested to see if they can sustain that kind of spending or whether they've just launched into this year.

Like I've said, not going to ridicule them for 'spending up big' because if Rushy could raise that much I'm sure we'd do the same, I imagine jaxbac would be busting for a response, how long does this red card system last for..?

Is there any word out of lanky, were the losses that were stated a couple of weeks ago (pell, Casey, brunt, etc) on the mark and have they recruited many other than Barnett..? Would be a good effort by them to push VT this year given you could justifiably argue they'd be spending half as much.

TMAN,story in the free press is that brunty is going to be the runner for the interleague game, doesnt mean much but nearly assume his retired, got a massive concussion last year and hasnt quite recovered.
Rumor i heard sunday night was hoota to gig. Doubt that very much as he is very loyal. harro going eastbound to the horizontal hoop variety!!

They have picked up a possible 100 goal forward in Barnett, Demasi will go close to filling J. Casey in the middle, DiPetta could also play through the middle in the KD, or be a quality defender. Unsure of any others.

Girgarre have been getting very good numbers on the track, high 30's, quality will still be lacking and expect finals to be out of the question but may pull off a couple of upsets especially early when there fitness will be superior to most. Paul Parsons and Tom Roberts will add experience, Jack Baker, ex Gig, Stanhope, Merrigum, Tonny, Tat will be very handy in the middle with his hardness. Matt Anderson ex Stanhope, didnt play last year but will probably be another option through the ruck for them if committed, and Damin Cers 17yr old from Tonny will be as good as any if not injured.

On the money talk, surely VT would have been well ahead of everyone budget wise last year and other sides on much less went further, so not always a guarantee of success, but gee they are looking mighty hard to beat if they get that side out on the park.

I'll try and give an overview of my impression of the KDL in 2012 as I've got some time on my hands at the moment. This is mostly from BigFooty, KDL clearances and from what else I've heard around the traps, but mostly my opinion:

It would be good to see Girgarre make a climb up the ladder, hopefully it is a gradual climb in the right direction. Not just up to mid table for one year only to drop down the very bottom for a couple of years when their recruits leave after one year as has been the pattern recently. A good club and hopefully are on their way to some stability, hopefully (for their sake) their poor recruiting record is behind them.

From all reports Stanhope have really been treading water this year so they will be competitive without really threatening the premiership. In saying that, they have been in this situation the last three or four years and still manage to find themselves a spot in the five. Tallygaroopna could also say that they've been fairly stable over the off-season; no mass exodus nor influx of players. So you could expect them to be competitive while being at the middle/lower end of the ladder.

I think Avenel and Merrigum will be the biggest improvers, it remains to be seen which one will show the most improvement. They both have picked up a few, it will be interesting to see which one has the better recruits. Nagambie are also going to improve a lot, and you would think will be the other big improver and will be ahead of the Swans and Dogs. A lot of the Nagambie recruits you could also argue have proven themselves in the KDL as many of them are returning premiership players.

We all know Lancaster and Violet Town are frontrunners and enough has been said about them. Rushworth look to be much the same side as last year, but when you made they grand final, that's not necessarily a bad thing. They should be capable of matching anyone on their day and having Jake Lloyd back can't hurt either.

I'm not completely sold on Murchison, we know they've picked up some out and out guns, namely Tom Durward, but do they have the depth to compete? Undera also should improve and in my opinion are the smokey this year; any side with La Porta and Godsmark should be respected. At this stage Undera would certainly be expecting/aiming to play finals.

And for Longwood and Ardmona, I hope that the social calendar is a ripper, as it may be a long year on the field for their respective senior sides. Ardmona were bad last year and unfortunately for them it seems their few better players have moved on. Longwood similarly haven't picked anyone up, and sadly they really did need to pick up a few just to be competitive.

That's my two cents, fire away!

TMAN,story in the free press is that brunty is going to be the runner for the interleague game, doesnt mean much but nearly assume his retired, got a massive concussion last year and hasnt quite recovered.
Rumor i heard sunday night was hoota to gig. Doubt that very much as he is very loyal. harro going eastbound to the horizontal hoop variety!!

Better start concentrating on your horse stable Wizza, $50 bets are looking good. Yes I am off to Mooroopna.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ok lets switch it up! How many recruits has patten pulled in at girgaree and are we expecting them to figure up near the finals? Also i hear the tally boys are also purring along nicely with a big recruit from tasmania on the radar! can anyone confirm? What about stanhope and who they have picked up and lost, they are a serial finalist but is this the year when they miss out? Im also thinking that merrigigum will improve dramictally and be around that top 6 with barnett and stammers and a few more tat 2.s players! My theory is the top 3 will be vt, lancy and murch to be pretty dominant and then rushy and naggaz to round that out and to be honest there will be some cracking games between the sides from 5th to 10th i think which hasnt been like that for a while! Improved leauge this year!!! Hows that T. pez:thumbsu:

6.5/10 big gun..

Have heard foley and Norman have left Stanhope, as well, which may test their depth, and that really tall recruit they shelled out massive $ for last year won't be back, either. Lochy Armstrong has signed on at Rushy and has been super impressive thus far, looks fit, skillful and hard at it, so looking forward to him making an impact. How do you rate him hank? As well as him, we've picked up 3 premiership players from Deni (do we rate Murray league on this thread...?) and a premiership forward from tat 2's (Jake Lloyd).

You're right, though, Murch probably haven't got as much love as they deserve, most other years they'd be considering a GF birth (and they may still if things pan out for them), but given the quality of the top teams this year that seems a long stretch at this stage.

As much as a lot of big footy readers are over hearing about VT's spending spree, it's generated a lot of interest and has helped really improve the excitement, strength and respect of the league. I think it's slight vindication that money in country footy can actually have a POSITIVE effect, which must cause ire to the likes of John carrot.. What are others thoughts?

6.5/10 big gun..

Have heard foley and Norman have left Stanhope, as well, which may test their depth, and that really tall recruit they shelled out massive $ for last year won't be back, either. Lochy Armstrong has signed on at Rushy and has been super impressive thus far, looks fit, skillful and hard at it, so looking forward to him making an impact. How do you rate him hank? As well as him, we've picked up 3 premiership players from Deni (do we rate Murray league on this thread...?) and a premiership forward from tat 2's (Jake Lloyd).

You're right, though, Murch probably haven't got as much love as they deserve, most other years they'd be considering a GF birth (and they may still if things pan out for them), but given the quality of the top teams this year that seems a long stretch at this stage.

As much as a lot of big footy readers are over hearing about VT's spending spree, it's generated a lot of interest and has helped really improve the excitement, strength and respect of the league. I think it's slight vindication that money in country footy can actually have a POSITIVE effect, which must cause ire to the likes of John carrot.. What are others thoughts?

Norman to Macorna, Foley to Quambatook.

Only seen Lachy the last 6 or 7 games in 2010, obviously went to Tat and didnt break into the ones (think he played 1 senior game), he is fit, quick, skills let him down at times in those games, and working back the other way and being accountable was his downfall back in 2010, would get a lot of possessions but so would his man. In saying that will be very handy and would assume he would have worked on those deficiencies under SJ at Tat.

Some good news for the kdfl, with 98.5fm committing to broadcasting the match of the round every week this year.

With so many strong teams this year, I think it will be a coup for the competition and provide more topics to discuss, which should please Marco polo at least..

Norman to Macorna, Foley to Quambatook.

Only seen Lachy the last 6 or 7 games in 2010, obviously went to Tat and didnt break into the ones (think he played 1 senior game), he is fit, quick, skills let him down at times in those games, and working back the other way and being accountable was his downfall back in 2010, would get a lot of possessions but so would his man. In saying that will be very handy and would assume he would have worked on those deficiencies under SJ at Tat.

Is there another former Stanhope red head going in that direction with Norman

Yes Jobby my friend, Pearcey is also on the way to Macorna, good $$ up there I believe, and not having to train also fits in well!!

Some good news for the kdfl, with 98.5fm committing to broadcasting the match of the round every week this year.

With so many strong teams this year, I think it will be a coup for the competition and provide more topics to discuss, which should please Marco polo at least..

Certainly does t.pez and i think you will find 98.5fm will be doing murray leauge games to this year! Have heard from the horses mouth that the 98.5 team is very unhappy with the gvl when they call games all year then come grand final day and finals its handed over to 95.3:thumbsdown: Think thats the reason why they will call kdl and murray league games!! P.s Very disturbing article page 3 of shepp news today:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Yes Jobby my friend, Pearcey is also on the way to Macorna, good $$ up there I believe, and not having to train also fits in well!!

Good luck to me old mate Sauce up there, Avenel shoulda had a crack at him or the Ratsnake ;)

Certainly does t.pez and i think you will find 98.5fm will be doing murray leauge games to this year! Have heard from the horses mouth that the 98.5 team is very unhappy with the gvl when they call games all year then come grand final day and finals its handed over to 95.3:thumbsdown: Think thats the reason why they will call kdl and murray league games!! P.s Very disturbing article page 3 of shepp news today:thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown::thumbsdown:
What was the article?

What was the article?

Something that is not to be talked about on here, not too many that don't know about it so I'm sure if you really need to know what its all about you will find out from another avenue other than this thread. Thanks.

Mick Gay playing at Heidelberg. You could leave us a couple of players. Seeing thats now four players from the unbeaten side of a few years ago.

Still say J Williams the pick of the bunch

Williams was a handy player at Heidelberg but not a star by any stretch of the imagination. Not trying to have a dig at the bloke but he has a tendency to go missing during big games (especially finals) and will probably struggle at this level. You VT people can however find comfort in the knowledge that he will be put his hard earned back over the bar after the game. In terms of personality he is a relatively boring individual with little or no sense of humour.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back