KDFL U/18's

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah oxxy definitely wouldnt give up the chance to play for my own club on a saturday just so i can play interleague the following day. My club games comes before the interleague games, have had the chance to play interleague for the past three years and keep turning it down because would rather just focus on my footy with my own club rather then playing for the league.

i must agree with you there sharpshoota, i also have been asked to play interleague in last 3 years but i have turned it down because i realy think club footy is most important, when you sign up for anouther year of footy i really think that that is your first priority and u should be giving your 100% for own club before anyone else..

shaun damon was best on ground in the interleague side today but he gave up his own clubs match saturday against ardmona, so he gave up playing for is own team for an interleague match....what does everyone think about that and would you give up your own club for the league?

I cant believe that! Is he the Rushy cpt 2? I would b filthy if i played 4 a team and our cpt ditched us 4 interleague the nxt day!

I cant believe that! Is he the Rushy cpt 2? I would b filthy if i played 4 a team and our cpt ditched us 4 interleague the nxt day!

it was a sad w/e for the ardmona 3rds, they couldn't replicate last years fracas against rushworth, maybe next year the knuckledusters may make a return.

secondly, rexmond from gig played interleague on sunday. he got a bit of the ball and usually used it well but does nowhere near enough for a player of such talent. if he wants to play afl, as apparently geelong are already looking at him to pair up with gazza jnr and stokes up foward, he needs to do a fair bit of work.

Not sure if he is Rushys captain or not but it doesnt really matter because he is up in the senior side for them and doing a pretty good job from what i hear aswell! Dont totally agree about ditching your own club just so you can play footy for the interleague boys the following day. Speaking to him today at school he said he had a slight injury coming into saturdays match and didnt want to aggrovate it anymore by playing seniors so he decided to give it a miss and be fresh for the following day.(fair enough)

Anyone elses thorts on the Shaun Damon saga?

it was a sad w/e for the ardmona 3rds, they couldn't replicate last years fracas against rushworth, maybe next year the knuckledusters may make a return.

secondly, rexmond from gig played interleague on sunday. he got a bit of the ball and usually used it well but does nowhere near enough for a player of such talent. if he wants to play afl, as apparently geelong are already looking at him to pair up with gazza jnr and stokes up foward, he needs to do a fair bit of work.

Not sure who gave ya the info about Geelong, but its far from the truth.

Not sure if he is Rushys captain or not but it doesnt really matter because he is up in the senior side for them and doing a pretty good job from what i hear aswell! Dont totally agree about ditching your own club just so you can play footy for the interleague boys the following day. Speaking to him today at school he said he had a slight injury coming into saturdays match and didnt want to aggrovate it anymore by playing seniors so he decided to give it a miss and be fresh for the following day.(fair enough)

Anyone elses thorts on the Shaun Damon saga?

Interleague games come once a year so i understand why he would want to be 100%. He played really well in the interleague game and KDFL won by a point had he played for Rushy on saturday KDFL might not have won. Good on Ya Shauny.!

i would like to know peoples thoughts on the leading goal kickers at the moment in nexhip(stan), scott (ard), Robinson (stan) , mellington (VT), Campbell (Und) and Brenn- Mckenzie (VT), and where you tihnk they will be say round 18?

i would like to know peoples thoughts on the leading goal kickers at the moment in nexhip(stan), scott (ard), Robinson (stan) , mellington (VT), Campbell (Und) and Brenn- Mckenzie (VT), and where you tihnk they will be say round 18?

nexhip is a flat track bully, only kicks bags against the weak teams.
campbell is the best player in this group i would think

have only seen mellington and brennan from vt.
mellington:very classy but lazy. he's only 14 tho.
brennan:good kick at goal but plays for a free kick every contest!

yeh good thanks corks. well the w/e was a bit of a downer really we were shown by undera how to play wet weather football and we learnt we need to improve a hell of a lot to be a top 5 team....

so far, without playing all the teams yet i think the top 5 will be...

1. Stanhope
2. Ardmona
3. Violet Town
4. Undera
5. Avenel or Lancaster (maybe)
i rate nagambie a class above lancaster and avenal i rate 3 to 4 depending on the players they have each week

Interleague games come once a year so i understand why he would want to be 100%. He played really well in the interleague game and KDFL won by a point had he played for Rushy on saturday KDFL might not have won. Good on Ya Shauny.!
damo ur a champion afta get on da pis wit us ky bois one nit haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Brenton Campbell is a class above. Last week he kicked 7 out of 8 goals for undera against lancy. The others are all in very good teams and have alot of the ball were as undera arent as dominate yet he still snags crap load of goals. Im not saying the others arent good but there in good teams which have possesion of the footy most games.

Notice that nexhip, scott, robinson, brenn-mckenzie only kick bags of goals against the weak teams whereas BC kicks bags no matter who he plays.

Brenton Campbell is a class above. Last week he kicked 7 out of 8 goals for undera against lancy. The others are all in very good teams and have alot of the ball were as undera arent as dominate yet he still snags crap load of goals. Im not saying the others arent good but there in good teams which have possesion of the footy most games.

Notice that nexhip, scott, robinson, brenn-mckenzie only kick bags of goals against the weak teams whereas BC kicks bags no matter who he plays.

Have to agree with you in some respects Juddy about players such as Nexhip kicking goals against the weaker teams. Being on his team i know what he is like. Against the better teams he cops alot more attention then what he does against the worser sides for obvious reasons!
Here is his form so far this year in front of the sticks.

Murchison-7(Had six in the papers but actually got seven)
Nagambie-1
Merrigum-8
Undera-5(Had four in the papers but actually got five)
Tally-4
Ardmona-0

Reading these statistics he has kicked 25 goals.
Have played three weak teams(19 goals) and three strong teams(6 goals).
Read into it what you like but these stats suggest he struggles against the better sides.

Just wondering what peoples decision would be if both your seniors and thirds made the granny and you were good enough to play seniors on that day but was also the captain of the thirds side that was in the granny! What would your decision be, play Thirds or Seniors? Why?

I would play 3rds, you'll get your chance to play seniors in years to come plus its your last chance to play with your junior mates.
Anyway just thought i'd add that VT will have big Gus Macdonald back this week, adding height and experience. is doyle back in the VT thirds?

I would play 3rds, you'll get your chance to play seniors in years to come plus its your last chance to play with your junior mates.
Anyway just thought i'd add that VT will have big Gus Macdonald back this week, adding height and experience. is doyle back in the VT thirds?
Yeah Doyle played thirds last week against nagz

I would play 3rds, you'll get your chance to play seniors in years to come plus its your last chance to play with your junior mates. QUOTE]

You might not get a chance to play in a senior flag in years to come, 15yrs down the track and you lost that 3rds GF and the senior team won it and you find yourself in the position of not ever playing in a senior GF let alone a winning one, would your stance change then?

how many did Brenton Campbell kick against stanhope?? Teams with more supply generally mean that the side has more avenues to goal as is the case with stanhope i see they have a number of players who have kicked a number of goals. also top teams generally target the top goal kicker and do everything in there power to stop the top goal scorer scoring. Watched nexhip against ardy and he seemed to do the team thing in creating space for the likes of allot and robinson and other stanhope forwards, whilst taking the key forward out of the game! wouldn't take alot of notice of the leading goal scoring table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back