Members Choice Award : Tom Green

Mark of the Year : Toby Greene

Goal of the Year : Josh Kelly

Leading Goal Kicker : Toby Greene

Coaches Award : Harry Perryman

VFL Player of the Year : Jarrod Bander

GWS Academy Player of the Year: Harry Rowston

Last edited by a moderator:

Sam Taylor should be a lock for the Sheedy Medal with Cogs, Kelly the other 2 that will place high

Coaches Award will be interesting to see if Leon has some input or even there tonight, likewise if Kingsley comes up tonight

Last edited:

The club hasn't really advertised this, have they? I heard a whisper in the last couple of days about it being this week, but there's not even an article on the club's site about it, just that twitter article this morning.

I think the KSM is a race in three: Cogs, Kelly or Sam Taylor. The voting tends to reward consistency, and from our board voting, that probably supports Cogs (who incidentally, has never won the KSM). Kelly was probably a little up and down, but given he got an AA squad nod, probably polls well. And Sam Taylor while starting a little slowly IMHO, absolutely roared home. All three players played most games this year, so it could be quite close.

I expect Tom Green to poll well in the first half of the year, and hopefully stays in the top 5 overall.

The club hasn't really advertised this, have they? I heard a whisper in the last couple of days about it being this week, but there's not even an article on the club's site about it, just that twitter article this morning.
Received a invite few weeks back but no writes via the Club.....yet

In seasons past at the B&F some, some if not all departing players say a few words. Will be very interesting tonight if some players get announced that they will be leaving the Club

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting. After round 9, Tom Green dropped off in the fans' voting, and Cogs ramped up. Taylor had a quieter patch too, and Pez was injured after the next 3 games.

Lachie Ash is the big surprise, although the voting approach does favour players who might not catch the fans' eye but are doing what the coaches ask.

Last edited:
Interesting. After round 9, Tom Green dropped off in the fans' voting, and Cogs ramped up. Taylor had a quieter patch too, and Pez was injured after the next 3 games.

Lachie Ash is the big surprise, although the voting approach does favour players who might not catch the fans' eye but are doing what the coaches ask.
Ash did a few tagging roles that were perhaps underrated by many of us.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back