Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 13, 2011
The Riff
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Raiders, Brumbies
so far this year we have kicked 154:160

In only 4 of 12 games we have kicked more goals than behinds (and one of them was the Bulldogs debacle)

Our NEAFL team is no better - kicking 174:162 (and this figure is distorted by the 33:18 against Brisbane)

again, in only 4 games out of 10 have we kicked more goals than behinds.

At one point on the weekend just before half time it was 12 scoring shots a piece and we were 30 points down.

I quoted Breaker Morant once before - but I'll do so again for emphasis....

SHOOT STRAIGHT YA BASTARDS - DON'T MAKE A MESS OF IT.!!!!!!

It can't be allowed to continue. Seriously. It's doing my head in.

Yeah I seem to remember a poster bringing this up after round 4.

He was ridiculed for it because "are you ever happy, negative Nancy? We're winning! She'll be right..."

Some people hate to say it, but I'm not that gracious.

Looks like I was right.

Form an orderly queue to hand out your apologies thanks.

If you seem to remember it, could you dig it up so the rest of us get the context? Struggling to recall it myself. :p

On-topic, so many bad misses in the weekend. Several that we'd normally have got too, especially Smith and Cameron. Wonder what the ratio would be if you took out posters.

If Jeremy Cameron is to be considered one of the greats in the future, he needs to get it through the big sticks more often than what he does.

Cameron has a similar ratio to Lockett, with both around two goals to one behind. Carey is slightly worse. I don't think it's the goal conversion but more his crappy leading patterns and demanding the ball over the top so he can run on to it - a low percentage play now there's not that element of surprise like there was a couple of years ago.

Cameron had no leading patterns on the weekend. He need to learn to lead out and then back in to create space. He seems to get cauht upin a lot of wrestling lately and that is not his game.

Of course, some of this is technique, and some is between the ears. Hope they are addressing both aspects. The boys all need to relax and trust in good technique. WHE looked like a natural until this year, now he looks like a mental cripple of Cloke proportions in fron of the sticks. Cameron and Smith similar, but not so bad. Sunshine looks like he is staying relatively relaxed about it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back