Past Kieren Jack - retired 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to see him with ablett like potential - incredible agility and evasiveness about him - light footed and had a great side step. A real jack in the box. When going forward, used to consistently spin on his left near boundaries etc and just go bang! nowadays, his kicks are like 9 iron chips with severe fades, some barely even making the goal line. Decision making and short kicks in general play also poor. Not sure if it's perceived pressure. Maybe needs a chopout from team mates to free him up more and get that confidence back so he can just play instinctively again.

Last edited:
It is not like you (or Horse or anybody else) just learned that Jack has no right foot. EVERYBODY knows this.
Asking for him to be dropped because of something that has been around since day 1 doesn't make any sense.
Every player has limitations.

Actually, players DO get dropped for having limitations, even if they've had them since Day 1. If they no longer are offering enough in other facets of their game and their limitations are having a big negative impact, then the fact that their limitations were known earlier doesn't prevent them from being dropped.

Also, if players don't work on their limitations, that is either lazy or arrogant or both. He's had years in the system to work on it, but obviously hasn't.

I'm not actually advocating for Jack to be dropped (although I don't think he should be co-captain). I'm just venting frustration that he has completely neglected a key component of a modern day AFL footballer - being able to at least do something on the non-dominant side. He seems to have lost the explosive burst of pace to get around someone back onto his left foot and it's hurting us badly. He got stung twice in the GF last year at critical moments, but even that wasn't enough for him to put in the hard yards to improve a blindingly obvious deficiency in his game.

No, he's not our worst player by a long stretch. But does he need to pull his finger out? You betcha.

I'm not actually advocating for Jack to be dropped (although I don't think he should be co-captain).

If I was the coach, I'd drop him to the 2s until he can prove that he can kick a goal from 30m on the run on his right foot. No ifs or buts.

So you don't want him dropped you just want him to work on his game in the 2's?
o_O

I agree that Kizza hasn't been in scintillating form the whole year, however, he has been pretty good over the past month or so when others have been way down on form.

With all the good advice Jack's getting on this board he'll be amazed that none of the coaching staff ever brought it up.

Can we also start a roast for those missing a gimme on their preferred foot from a set shot straight in front of goal ? We could all offer them advice on how to kick through the ball, how to hold the ball, how to control the drop, where to look, what the goals look like and so on. Clearly they aren't doing any goal kicking in training, or passing, or handballs, tackling, spoiling, rucking, crumbing or anything connected with football. Do the team even attend training (other than on pie nights) ? I suspect not. Well, they can learn all there is to learn by reading BF. That's where the real expertise is.

With all the good advice Jack's getting on this board he'll be amazed that none of the coaching staff ever brought it up.

Can we also start a roast for those missing a gimme on their preferred foot from a set shot straight in front of goal ? We could all offer them advice on how to kick through the ball, how to hold the ball, how to control the drop, where to look, what the goals look like and so on. Clearly they aren't doing any goal kicking in training, or passing, or handballs, tackling, spoiling, rucking, crumbing or anything connected with football. Do the team even attend training (other than on pie nights) ? I suspect not. Well, they can learn all there is to learn by reading BF. That's where the real expertise is.

image.jpg

Cute. Never understood why Harry didn't get it on with Hermione.
Too busy with his wand
harry-potter-bangs-rons-sister_o_292919.jpg

So you don't want him dropped you just want him to work on his game in the 2's?
o_O

I agree that Kizza hasn't been in scintillating form the whole year, however, he has been pretty good over the past month or so when others have been way down on form.

Haha. Well spotted. I guess my original rant was when I was still quite hot on the collar.

I wasn't giving him advice. I was giving him a spray.

The kicks in the general direction of the goal were pretty :$ but the free kicks for hits after disposal and knees to the head are actually avoidable without any effort.

The most SMH moment against Hawthorn though was when we were streaming down the ground being hotly pursued by opponents, and Jack received the ball then stopped dead on the wing, letting the opposition stream past. You don't need to be dropped to the twos to deal with that, you have to just have a modicum of awareness.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The kicks in the general direction of the goal were pretty :$ but the free kicks for hits after disposal and knees to the head are actually avoidable without any effort.

The most SMH moment against Hawthorn though was when we were streaming down the ground being hotly pursued by opponents, and Jack received the ball then stopped dead on the wing, letting the opposition stream past. You don't need to be dropped to the twos to deal with that, you have to just have a modicum of awareness.

We did have a few times where we went forward quickly only to find our forwards off having a f** (or whatever forwards do when they're not inside 50). Comes back to everyone crowding around the ball. No wonder we run back and forward so much.

I'm bumping my own thread. Should not be co-captain next year.

Maybe, only issue is who is the option? Hanners? Parker?

Jack needs to go forward though I have felt that all season

Maybe, only issue is who is the option? Hanners? Parker?

Jack needs to go forward though I have felt that all season

Hanners can never be captain. Doesn't have the temperament for the trade.

Parker for mine as long as we can sign him

Remove this Banner Ad

Back