Kiwi Hurt

Remove this Banner Ad

Its time to release the beast...

With everyone fit and firing down that end of the ground, I can't see him getting a chance until Lake retires. Maybe next year? Have really enjoyed watching him at BH so far this year though.

With everyone fit and firing down that end of the ground, I can't see him getting a chance until Lake retires. Maybe next year? Have really enjoyed watching him at BH so far this year though.
I would actually like to see Kurt in for Schoe, and Lake up forward. Thing Lake up forward is on the minds of the Coaches

I would actually like to see Kurt in for Schoe, and Lake up forward. Thing Lake up forward is on the minds of the Coaches

We've got to do something in that forward half, that's for sure. I suspect they're going to push forward with Shoe as the second tall forward option though.

I would not be taking Lake or Frawley out of defence for any reason. Unless they simply can't play. Lake is too important down there, and Frawley needs to spend as much time down there as possible so that we can properly integrate him into our defence.

Having said that, I'd love to see Kurt get a game. Maybe against some team where they have two obvious matchups for Lake and Frawley and another tall who is less experienced but still somewhat of a threat for Kurt to play on. Schoey probably goes out of the side in that scenario.

I don't like the thought of taking Lake out of the backline. but the fact remains we aren't dealing with the flood and we don't have anyone other than Hale that can take a contested mark. Either we move it quicker or we get someone down there to help out Hale. I don't mind experimenting.

Well he must be upgraded if there is an injury to either Lake or Frawley. Schoey no where near a key defender, leave him forward and bring in Kurt, especially with Spaghar still being out, he, Kurt, must be next man up if required plus there is a spot for a key defender for upgrading, Brand out, Kurt in.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't like the thought of taking Lake out of the backline. but the fact remains we aren't dealing with the flood and we don't have anyone other than Hale that can take a contested mark. Either we move it quicker or we get someone down there to help out Hale. I don't mind experimenting.

Both Jedi and Sicily are good contested marks for their size....

Kurt played a great game against Sandy. He looks comfortable being a defender. He is quick strong and has the requisite amount of mongrel in him. He knows when to mark and when to spoil which he does aggressively.
I would like to see him get a few games at AFL level to blood him but not against gorillas like Hawkins. Put him up against some of the younger KPFs or leading forwards.
He may well be the first home grown KPD the Hawks have produced since Croad.

Kurt played a great game against Sandy. He looks comfortable being a defender. He is quick strong and has the requisite amount of mongrel in him. He knows when to mark and when to spoil which he does aggressively.
I would like to see him get a few games at AFL level to blood him but not against gorillas like Hawkins. Put him up against some of the younger KPFs or leading forwards.
He may well be the first home grown KPD the Hawks have produced since Croad.
He has really improved over this year. I for one didn't think he would make it given his issues with his kicking. But he has improved that s well. Has been in the best the last 2 or 3 weeks now. Playing really well

The Kid copped the biggest hit on the hip the the 1st qu , i saw the damage first hand at 1/4 time ...they then went after it and Kert was less than impressed , then the best bit ....the ball leaving the area , Hurt storms at White who absolutely
$hit$ himself .....kids got attitude .

And did i mention HE CAN PLAY !!

The Kid copped the biggest hit on the hip the the 1st qu , i saw the damage first hand at 1/4 time ...they then went after it and Kert was less than impressed , then the best bit ....the ball leaving the area , Hurt storms at White who absolutely
$hit$ himself .....kids got attitude .

And did i mention HE CAN PLAY !!

You think Kurt will end up a quality afl player?
How did Shem look in the development game?

You think Kurt will end up a quality afl player?
How did Shem look in the development game?
I like every thing he brings to the table as a 3rd tall , great closing speed , good leap and judgement ( Mark or punch ) a solid user of the ball ( remember 3 yrs ago he didn't even know what a football looked like ) and as tuff as a cats head , will run back with the flight or come from 3 deep ........the other thing he is over looked for is his ability to run and carry when he chooses to go he's lightning quick for 193 ....
He will be better than Gus and at least the equal of Stratts ...

Shem didnt play due to a corked hip but my mail is must close the gap between his best and worst ....

Remove this Banner Ad

Back