Koby stevens

Remove this Banner Ad

Sort of agree but this year has shown that you can't have too many 'hard at it' midfielders.
Also, he has shown that he can be a more than useful forward with his marking ability.
Worst case he is still a pretty handy interchange who can play mid or forward.
The word for today is......rotation.

Yeah, his forward nous will do a lot to help him out once Libba returns. A midfielder that can play as a marking medium forward when rested forward is a pretty valuable skillset to have.
Minor issue is that Wallis does kinda have that exact same skillset but Stevens is still firmly in that 18-28 range.

Just saw Koby at a coffee shop in Prahran. What a bloke, chatted for about 10 minutes. Said he has been waiting 6 weeks to smash St Kilda! Also said the boys are all such good mates, are all loving life under Bev.
Surely we want this game more than any other (except GWS probably) this year after the embarrassment we copped last time round, glad to hear it! Bloody keen for this game, we will come out breathing fire, and now know not to back off at half time as well :p

Surely we want this game more than any other (except GWS probably) this year after the embarrassment we copped last time round, glad to hear it! Bloody keen for this game, we will come out breathing fire, and now know not to back off at half time as well :p
it'll still take something good to win though doggies. we have more firepower than them but this mob should play 4 decent quarters of hard footy. should be a ripper

I have to admit his performances have been much better than i thought he was capable of. Maybe the MC know more about football than me.

I still haven't changed my mind about his lack of awareness though.

St Kilda are a good side. They'd want to be, with all that experience. We'll need to be on our game.

Can understand Koby being super keen. His mate went down and was sledged by their skipper, he copped a nasty corkie from that scrub Dempster, and then there's the embarrassment of losing to them in that fashion.

Funnily enough, St Kilda were the other club in the race for Koby at the end of 2012, IIRC. I'm glad he picked us.

Can't wait for Saturday night.

St Kilda are a good side. They'd want to be, with all that experience. We'll need to be on our game.

Can understand Koby being super keen. His mate went down and was sledged by their skipper, he copped a nasty corkie from that scrub Dempster, and then there's the embarrassment of losing to them in that fashion.

Funnily enough, St Kilda were the other club in the race for Koby at the end of 2012, IIRC. I'm glad he picked us.

Can't wait for Saturday night.
Also the best game of his career so far came against the saints with that 31 disposal 3 goal game in indigenous round 2013.

Koby's decision making and execution still needs to improve, but it looks on an upward trajectory .
Stkilda are upgrading another kid this week called Adam Schneider apparently .

Koby's one big weakness is his kicking but it is improving

Good gut runner and is strong in the contest he has been a good pick up

My biggest worry over the past few years is having Koby, libba, Moyd, wallis and smith in the same side, all similar size and similar weaknesses with slight lack of pace and kicking issues

While we have been able to fit 3 of them in the side this year with libba and Smith injured if they return i would think 1 or 2 would be on the sidelines for team balance

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kobys awareness/decision making haven't been as big an issue for me this year... I feel he has more options available to him and he's not trying to bust packs open every single time... Don't get me wrong he has work to do but very happy with how hrs progressing....

he is on Marngrook at the moment

Just saw the utube post on Als site
At the end when it was mentioned that like KB he also grew up a bulldog a tear came to the eye
We are building a Fcken DYNASTY
U CHAMPION KOBY
u may not have the silk but u have the heart
and nothing inspires more than living out the boyhood dream!

My oh my has this boy lifted his game this year, permanent fixture in the midfield and he doesnt take it for granted either

Did anyone predict his footy going to this level in such a short time?

Hands down to the coaching panel to put their confidence in him and play him as a full time mid, this along with freeing up picken and wallis have been masterstrokes

These 3 fly the flag in terms of aggression, effort, tacking and intensity
Conchy being flying his flag from last year. Always gives a crack.

Just saw the utube post on Als site
At the end when it was mentioned that like KB he also grew up a bulldog a tear came to the eye
We are building a Fcken DYNASTY
U CHAMPION KOBY
u may not have the silk but u have the heart
and nothing inspires more than living out the boyhood dream!
Thats great. Koby a dogs supporter

Hopefully he will play majority in the midfield instead of up forward like he did against the saints

With others down it was Koby who stood up in first half. A beast love his strength and attack on man and ball. In one passage he just ripped the ball out of the Saints' players hands.

Last edited:
According to true believers they saying he has stress fracture of foot wearing a moonboot and weren't playing again this season can someone verify this information?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back