Koops no show

Remove this Banner Ad

Johnno 6

Debutant
Jul 10, 2003
West of Melbourne
Other Teams
Bulldogs
Watched ten news & Fox footy news last night, they showed the dogs first pre -season run, and said three recruits trained for the first time and no mention of koops training with the dogs. All i want to know is he going to show up at training or whats going with him? If any one was at training please we like to know ?

Koops was given an extra 2 weeks off due to him

a) Playing in a final
b) Having to move interstate

Originally posted by FreoDocker
Yep West Perth won, Koops was robbed of BOG.

I keep seeing a number of positive comments about Koops by the Freo fans. Why do you guys respect him so much and why did the club let him go ?

Originally posted by OldSchool
I keep seeing a number of positive comments about Koops by the Freo fans. Why do you guys respect him so much and why did the club let him go ?

At the start of the season, I thought koops would be a core part of the side, but he got injured in the Aboriginal Allstars game in the preseason. With the continued improvement of Grover, Hayden and Woods and the reemergence of Hadrill after a knee injury, Koops was always going to struggle to get back into the team. I would have placed him above Thornton on the list, but when Koops played he seemed to spend a lot of time on the bench.

As for respect, I don't really know. I guess he's an exciting player who can take great marks and always puts in a solid effort for the team.

I'll never boo Koopsy, he was one of my favourite players at the Dockers, so it's only fair that he has the oppertunity to move to a club to get a bit more of a go.

If Koopsy can stay injury free this year he will be a very good player coming off the half back line for you blokes.

If Koopsy can stay injury free this year he will be a very good player coming off the half back line for you blokes.

Thanks for the reply. I also hope to see the Dogs use him as a forward occasionally and perhaps the odd run on the ball.

The only bad word I can say about Koops is that sometimes he stages for free kicks a bit too often. It's great when it comes off and he gets a free, but sometimes it just puts him out of the contest.

But I reckon he'll go great guns next year for the dogs.

The only bad word I can say about Koops is that sometimes he stages for free kicks a bit too often. It's great when it comes off and he gets a free, but sometimes it just puts him out of the contest.

One of my pet hates. It is really lazy footy and instead of doing it a player should be thinking about the next contest.

Matthew Lloyd would kick about 1000 goals a season if he didnt spend most of his time waving his arms around and looking at the umpire.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agree with you there local, it is one of my pet hates as well. I'd much prefer a player to just keep their head down, and work towards the next contest rather than try and milk a free. It shows character and is conducive to hard, tough footy.

Originally posted by Johnno 6
Watched ten news & Fox footy news last night, they showed the dogs first pre -season run, and said three recruits trained for the first time and no mention of koops training with the dogs. All i want to know is he going to show up at training or whats going with him? If any one was at training please we like to know ?

Thank god the footy show isn't on at the moment. I can just see Newman doing a re-hash of the Winmar incident.

Anyway, Koops should be good and considering we only had one mark of the year contender this year (go Harro!) it should make games much more exciting.

Originally posted by localyokel
One of my pet hates. It is really lazy footy and instead of doing it a player should be thinking about the next contest.

Jose Romero?

btw - He was a legend at milking the free, until the umpires caught on...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back