Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah according to some posters. I'm thinking more along the lines of Bradshaw was an awesome talent (who can forget the 50m torpie from the boundary line after the siren) who had a decent length contract and could only play part of it due to injury the rest of his swans career before retiring. He was on decent money that remained tied into the salary cap apparently.

Tippetts unfairly will be judged on the amount, the hype, the fact we got him in his prime for nothing form a team cheating the cap then he missed half a year cos of it and we signed him after a flag, then we lost players over the next few years

Bradshaw gets marked easier fairly or unfairly

Thinks Bradshaw's 3yr deal would go close.
That Bradshaw deal gets forgotten a lot since we won a flag without much of a forward line pretty soon after he retired but that was a complete bust. Unfortunately he just couldn't get on the park and only played 9 games. Rightly or wrongly, my lasting memory of Bradshaw (along with his torp) was his miss from the square against the Dogs in that 2010 semi which we lost by 4 points or something. It was Kirk's last game and Roosy's last game as Sydney coach :(.

Although Bradshaw would've been on a lot less per year than Tippett is on right now, I think Bradshaw was only a 3 year $1.2mil deal so he would've taken up much less space in the salary cap than Tippett does right now.

That Bradshaw deal gets forgotten a lot since we won a flag without much of a forward line pretty soon after he retired but that was a complete bust. Unfortunately he just couldn't get on the park and only played 9 games. Rightly or wrongly, my lasting memory of Bradshaw (along with his torp) was his miss from the square against the Dogs in that 2010 semi which we lost by 4 points or something. It was Kirk's last game and Roosy's last game as Sydney coach :(.

Although Bradshaw would've been on a lot less per year than Tippett is on right now, I think Bradshaw was only a 3 year $1.2mil deal so he would've taken up much less space in the salary cap than Tippett does right now.

It was a bust dont get me wrong

Wonder what we paid Dermie in 1994

Dont disagree with it given output per dollar

Honestly, I think Tippett's flexibility is very valuable. Our problems are not related to Tippett's performance, they are structural. Having a guy who can just as easily play first ruck, second ruck/forward, or pure full forward, is incredibly useful. Having a structure that can't get it out of defensive 50, or hit a target up forward, is far more an issue.

Honestly, I think Tippett's flexibility is very valuable. Our problems are not related to Tippett's performance, they are structural. Having a guy who can just as easily play first ruck, second ruck/forward, or pure full forward, is incredibly useful. Having a structure that can't get it out of defensive 50, or hit a target up forward, is far more an issue.

We certainly make his life forward difficult

(Log in to remove this ad.)

lol he wont be able to do that every week our midfield dominated and generated a lot of opportunities for him and to his credit took them.

The effort movement and involvement he can do every week

if he did that he would earn the elite level salary :p

in all seriousness he is not as good as paid but its more consistency, i think if we can lift that we are such a dangerous side.

I feel like he cops a bad wrap outside of the swans though

You started that didn't you? :p

Tippo plays like a lazy bludger sometimes, but when he puts in he is the best ruck-forward in the comp.

Outside the swans including fan base.

I started this thread around the idea that he has the ability to deliver us more and give us a real shot for a flag

the media and opposition flogs talk like he is a complete spud, thats harsh

the media and opposition flogs talk like he is a complete spud, thats harsh

You're secretly hoping FAITH and Button will return, aren't you :p

Tippo is our key to the flag, we saw what he can do when he doesn't have to Ruck, averaged more than 3 goals a game, now he's a ruck he still averages 2 an equals hitouts of those that are genuine ruckman, the angst towards him is uncalled for, he played out against the hawks with a broken hand then came back two weeks later with it heavily strapped an kicked 3.2 an was huge around the ground an in the ruck, the paypacket is high but the expectations of some seem way higher, as a stay at home foward out of the square I believe he's the best

Another strong game from the big fella. I think he's actually worth more to us as a ruck/forward rather than a stay-at-home forward. While he always had potential with Adelaide, he wasn't as consistent as they would've liked. You can get a sense of that on the Adelaide board actually ... just split the difference between the love he got pre-trade and the indifference he got post-trade and you'll see that he wasn't setting the world on fire, but just looked like he could at any moment!

Since taking on more of the ruck duties, he has managed to continue to score goals but get himself into the game a lot more. He's got that mongrel following up the taps that Mumford has (sure, not quite as much as the big Mummy, but that might be for the best) and makes his tackles stick and HURT. I honestly think he should be given a full pre-season as a ruckman rather than a forward and use him that way even more in 2016.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back