Past Kurt Tippett - retired 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

Another strong game from the big fella. I think he's actually worth more to us as a ruck/forward rather than a stay-at-home forward. While he always had potential with Adelaide, he wasn't as consistent as they would've liked. You can get a sense of that on the Adelaide board actually ... just split the difference between the love he got pre-trade and the indifference he got post-trade and you'll see that he wasn't setting the world on fire, but just looked like he could at any moment!

Since taking on more of the ruck duties, he has managed to continue to score goals but get himself into the game a lot more. He's got that mongrel following up the taps that Mumford has (sure, not quite as much as the big Mummy, but that might be for the best) and makes his tackles stick and HURT. I honestly think he should be given a full pre-season as a ruckman rather than a forward and use him that way even more in 2016.
He is at his best when Franklin is in the side as well. Thats when he can do his best work. Without Franklin he does need to be used more as a forward

In the last month he has played 2 of his best games for this club and we look a much more dangerous side

The way he is moving and leading has improved a crap load since early in the year

pyke has also corrected the ruck balance imo

Anyone saying tippett is more valuable as a ruck/fwd are kidding themselves. Go back and watch ge110ng and and the prelim last year. Tippett and buddy wreaked absolute destruction. We just need those performances more consistantly, but lets face it, they still havnt played alot of footy as a duo yet. Last year they both had knee issues and missed a bit of football and this year tippett has spent alot of time in the ruck.

I reckon they have played less than 10 games together as a forward combo when fully fit....they still need to learn how to play together

Anyone saying tippett is more valuable as a ruck/fwd are kidding themselves. Go back and watch ge110ng and and the prelim last year. Tippett and buddy wreaked absolute destruction. We just need those performances more consistantly, but lets face it, they still havnt played alot of footy as a duo yet. Last year they both had knee issues and missed a bit of football and this year tippett has spent alot of time in the ruck.

I reckon they have played less than 10 games together as a forward combo when fully fit....they still need to learn how to play together

The thing is, he has definitely been playing much better since spending more time in the ruck and has improved his game around the stoppages to actually be our best option there, so while he has had some great performances deep in the forward 50, he has more value to us as a ruck/forward at the moment. Whether it was just coincidental that his form line correlates pretty well with spending more time in the ruck, he has definitely been playing better recently, so why mess around with that?

He will grt carved by the like of nic nat roughead and goldstein in finals. Not to mention the increased chance of injury. I just think a top flight tippett in the fwd line is more dangerous than a top flight tippett in the ruck

No reason why reid cant. Similar to roughead and carlilse. Not sure why he isnt given more opportunity in the ruck to expand his game

Tippett is the best tap ruck in the team and seems to play better with a run on the ball

Love him forward but perhaps he likes it

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What if we had two tippets and no pyke? The views on here are much divided and thats a good problem to have.

The only other player i see similar to tippet is Redden from port although he is more a ruck that floats forward.

Tippett is the best tap ruck in the team and seems to play better with a run on the ball

Love him forward but perhaps he likes it
Looked like he was frothing the goals on the weekend. Anyway as long as he is contributing and is fit, we cant complain. Is it just me or does anyone else just wish they were apart of the ubs inner sanctum... i might apply for a cleaner position there and go rummaging through horse's rubbish bin

Looked like he was frothing the goals on the weekend. Anyway as long as he is contributing and is fit, we cant complain. Is it just me or does anyone else just wish they were apart of the ubs inner sanctum... i might apply for a cleaner position there and go rummaging through horse's rubbish bin

s**t yeah..unfair that kenny bloke gets in all the time

Id take a job in the office or something

In the last month he has played 2 of his best games for this club and we look a much more dangerous side

The way he is moving and leading has improved a crap load since early in the year

pyke has also corrected the ruck balance imo
He simply plays better as the main key forward as he was recruited to be. Considering how much we overuse Franklin it's no mystery why Tippett doesn't perform as well when both of them play, and even then I think he's a lot better than people give him credit for.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back