Kyabram DFL discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Been hearing that Ryan is likely to leave lancy, moving onto bendigo league. Could leave a big hole at lancy.

Also that B Orr could hang up the boots

A few recruits will replace them from in town is what I've heard
Exactly hilly I recall talking up lancys losses before this season started but as the season got close they started to replace those losses and with the improvement in players like Mick Ryan and Tommy’s young brother Luke Davies, Simpson was a good get and not forgetting the return of gun Zac Cerronne
But your right there will be losses but also they will recruit from the town and elsewhere and will be up there again next year
Go swans 😂😂

Did I hear correctly that the medal won’t be live-streamed for the public tonight?
Correct. KDL doing it via video to allow clubs to host their own viewings. Originally it was before GF public holiday which would’ve maximised bar sales. But had to be moved.

As far as I’m aware only clubs are given the video link (so people will get to the clubs rather than watching at home).

But unfortunately it doesn’t allow neutrals, other leagues supporters or people unavailable to attend the chance to view live.

Link will be posted in the coming days for a replay to be watched.

Worthy winner in the end. Well done to the big fella, special talent. Pretty proud of my little mate Braydon Avola, runner up two years in a row and both times losing by a vote. Has been a ripper player in the comp since joining from Whittlesea half way through 2018.
So had it been cleared up before tonight that Semmel wasn’t eligible?
How may votes did he end up with, only heard that he was on 26votes after 11 rounds

This is typical of the KDFNL. Who is running the show? Absolutely amateurish, they should have put out a disclaimer earlier to say Semmel was ineligible to win medal. Everything this mob do is crazy.They make decisions and then hide behind a wall of silence citing their handbook mickey mouse rules. To have the vote count this late doesn't even stand to reason either. At least we know why they did the Presentations "on line',imagine if it had been a proper function like everyone else has reverted back too.Maybe they were scared another brawl might erupt.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Piss poor on the leagues behalf to make semmel ineligible late last week.
Semmel became ineligible when he was found guilty . It is disappointing if he was invited and then 4 days later that is was retracted , as is being rumoured .
I have heard that the KDFNL had sought clarity and were told he was eligible , hence the invite , and have then obviously been advised or come to the conclusion he wasn’t .
It would be interesting to know if the decision to not have a function and to have so late was a decision solely of the KDFNL .
Fwiw, I am told there was an abundance of security at the GVL GF .

Semmel became ineligible when he was found guilty . It is disappointing if he was invited and then 4 days later that is was retracted , as is being rumoured .
I have heard that the KDFNL had sought clarity and were told he was eligible , hence the invite , and have then obviously been advised or come to the conclusion he wasn’t .
It would be interesting to know if the decision to not have a function and to have so late was a decision solely of the KDFNL .
Fwiw, I am told there was an abundance of security at the GVL GF .
pretty bad when the kdl committee changed their minds about semmel being ineligible the night of the vote count. plus he only got a reprimand over the incident he got reported for so he should of still been eligible to win the medal. also piss poor of the league not to show the final votes with semmel being 6 votes in front and should of been declared the winner.

pretty bad when the kdl committee changed their minds about semmel being ineligible the night of the vote count. plus he only got a reprimand over the incident he got reported for so he should of still been eligible to win the medal. also piss poor of the league not to show the final votes with semmel being 6 votes in front and should of been declared the winner.
The rule appears to revolve around being found guilty not the penalty handed out .
Hard to argue about your remaining points .

Not so sure what the stink is about. If you are found guilty of an offence( i.e. reprimand / or even a fine) you would automatically be ineligible to win a league B&F. If he is eligible or not would refer to the league constitution and what is in there. KDFL might have been better off to state this at an earlier date as seems like posters are outraged he was ineligible and didn't win it?
I do know how people feel, as I think most weeks I have been robbed Saturday night after the tattslotto results are published that I should have won. same/same.

he was cleared by football victoria to win the medal as he was favourite all year, could be an appeal coming up about it i reckon?
I understand your backlash Dust, it is as you say piss poor to leave everyone in the dark even the said player right up until the last minute!! But the simple fact is even though AFL Victoria have all the "power" they can't just go and change the rules mid season!

Every league has their own By-Laws which they run to until something is changed, but to have an amendment to any laws it has to be done at a league meeting such as an AGM etc where all clubs are represented and any league constitution by-law changes need to be voted on by club's for it to be passed or not!

This hasn't happened as yet as far as I'm aware so unfortunately it doesn't matter whether everything thinks the right decision has been made or not it's the decision of the league's current by-laws! So until such rules are changed then that's where the decision lays!

But yes I am hearing that there is definitely an appeal coming which will be interesting to see how it is handled? 🤔🤷🏽‍♂️

Remove this Banner Ad

Back