Retired 25. Lachie Henderson (2016-2019), (2020-2021)

Remove this Banner Ad

Lachie Henderson has joined the Geelong Football Club after choosing to leave Carlton.

He had an uninspiring finish to his time at Carlton and is looking to rid that chapter of his playing days and start fresh at the Cats.

Many are looking to see him in the hoops.

Full name Lachlan Stuart Henderson
Date of birth 14 December 1989 (age 25)
Place of birth Trentham, Goulburn
Original team(s) Geelong Falcons (TAC Cup)
Draft No. 8, 2007 National Draft, Brisbane Lions
Height/Weight 196cm / 95kg
Position(s) Forward / Back
Club information
Current club
Geelong
Playing career1
Years
Club Games (Goals)
2008–2009
Brisbane Lions 15 (3)
2010–2015 Carlton 102 (101)
2016– Geelong
Total 117 (104)

We welcome Lachie to the GFC and look forward to his time at the Cattery.

GO Catters

Im pretty hopeful that both Hendo and Zac Smith can deliver strong results for us. Its not a good look, but I just can't believe they war both as bad as their final year at Carlton and GCS.

Im banking a lot on the change of scenery and culture having a big impact.

Go Catters

Im pretty hopeful that both Hendo and Zac Smith can deliver strong results for us. Its not a good look, but I just can't believe they war both as bad as their final year at Carlton and GCS.

Im banking a lot on the change of scenery and culture having a big impact.

Go Catters

Im like what Im am seeing the training. Nothing outstanding , no fluff...just work...... and Smith every single photo he looks BIG

How's Lachie going for you blokes this year? I'm outta Oz so not getting much footy atm.

He started slowly through the pre season but he has been steadily improving week to week as he gets used to playing with his new teammates.

The club recruited him to replace Lonergan in the medium term and since Lonergan is still playing well and they are also trying to get games into Kolodjashnij they have been juggling the key backs around a bit to fit the 3 of them plus Harry Taylor in the squad together. Hence Henderson was "managed" against Port.

The two games either side of his week "managed" have been his best. He has taken 21 marks in those two games and while defenders always get a few cheapies switching play more than a fair share of them would have been marks from opposition kicks. It's pretty handy if you have a key defensive combo like Taylor and Henderson picking everything off in the air. Obviously Essendon and Gold Coast are not the strongest opposition so it's up to Henderson to keep doing it under more pressure against better teams.

Henderson definitely played his best game for the club last night. He backed up his good form two weeks prior against Essendon. While the opposition hasn't been strong, all any player can do is put their best foot forward every week. And that's exactly what Hendo is doing, he's building...

He took more marks in the Suns' forward 50 than the Suns' did I'm pretty sure.

Sad to see Hendo go like this.

Still has things to offer for mine.

GO Catters

And he's back.
Selected with Rookie pick 35 in the 2019 Rookie draft.

GO Catters

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Whenever you need to figure out who to choose for anything - trade target, makeshift forward, delisting, or drafting - Geelong can always just spin the Lachie Henderson wheel. Because why not?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back