Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Based purely on 2024 output?

Ginni has 10 goals and Schultz 9

Schultz probably has more pressure acts? But within the context of:

• Would have cost us zero to keep Ginni
  • Schultz has cost us two first rounders

I can completely understand why some wouldn't see Schultz as an upgrade

I would wager that the majority of the negative perception of Schultz comes from what he cost in combination with his output.
Per above post - Schultz is rated almost 70 places higher in Pressure Acts than Ginnivan.
And Ginnivan is slow lacks physicality and effort.
Ginnivan had his chance - we moved on, to a far far better contributor and citizen,

Based purely on 2024 output?

Ginni has 10 goals and Schultz 9

Schultz probably has more pressure acts? But within the context of:

• Would have cost us zero to keep Ginni
  • Schultz has cost us two first rounders

I can completely understand why some wouldn't see Schultz as an upgrade

I would wager that the majority of the negative perception of Schultz comes from what he cost in combination with his output.

Schultz has cost us two first rounders?

Has done nothing to convince me that trading away top draft picks for him has produced any benefit. The idea of winning games of football is kicking more goals than the opposition. So he commits more pressure points than the younger Ginnivan who we gave away to Hawthorn for virtually nothing. Buckley always seemed to be crazy about defensive forwards. So what? Ginnivan has more goals. Richards achieved more in one quarter than Schultz has in the season to date. Meanwhile we're crying out for tall marking forwards that our club appears to have an aversion into recruiting. What is it about this club in not wanting to recruit any tall forwards? Could someone please address this question to Derek Hine?

Has done nothing to convince me that trading away top draft picks for him has produced any benefit. The idea of winning games of football is kicking more goals than the opposition. So he commits more pressure points than the younger Ginnivan who we gave away to Hawthorn for virtually nothing. Buckley always seemed to be crazy about defensive forwards. So what? Ginnivan has more goals. Richards achieved more in one quarter than Schultz has in the season to date. Meanwhile we're crying out for tall marking forwards that our club appears to have an aversion into recruiting. What is it about this club in not wanting to recruit any tall forwards? Could someone please address this question to Derek Hine?
Logic & rationale thinking will get you nowhere.

Agree that we payed too much for him, and I can certainly buy the argument that we didnt need to cough up valuable draft capital for a small forward when it looks (at this early stage) that we have a couple of promising ones developing in the VFL like Hooker Harrison and Joe Richards...

But I cant buy an argument that Schulz is only a defensive forward..Schultz scored a respectable 30 plus goals in his last 2 seasons, whilst averaging 4 tackles a game. By point of comparison Beau also averages 4 tackles per game but is yet to get into the 20s...Sure Schultz is not going to worry an opposition like Hill or Elliott, and his form hasnt been great for us, but he isnt just a defensive forward

We played a side with 2 key forwards in the GF and we won. We played Carlton two weeks ago and they have 2 of the best key forwards and we beat them. Shift your mind into modern football and understand that unless the whole side is performing their role, chances are you lose. What gun 18yo would we get in this year's draft. How long do you want to wait for him to develop. If you want a young KF in this year's draft he would have to be a top 8 pick minimum and you'll be waiting 3 years until he will actually become any good, even then, he would be speculative. We are in the window now, Schultz is the perfect choice to help keep us in the window. Modern football is all about role players, systems and processes and ours are magnificent

Yes?

Last years first and this years first no?
Along with gaining Ginnivan, the Hawks receive the Pies’ 2023 second-round draft selection (pick No. 39), in addition to their future second-round and future fourth-round selections.

In exchange, Hawthorn has sent back its 2023 second-round draft selection (pick No. 33), and its future second-round and future third-round selections.

Yes?

Last years first and this years first no?
No.

But if we hadn't traded for Schultz, we could have tanked and gotten a really early pick - might have even been able to trade it for 3 first round picks.

Less than 24 hours after news emerged of Hawthorn's interest in Ginnivan, a deal was completed that sees the two clubs swap their second-round picks this year and their 2024 second-round picks. Collingwood will also exchange its 2024 fourth-round pick for Hawthorn's third-round pick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's so emotive always to say it was our first round pick. With academy picks etc our pick could be 20 plus. Truth is Schultz is worth that in our current structure. We aren't talking about a top ten pick here. Schultz is a top 22 player and offers more to our structure than Ginnivan.

The key to these deals is us winning flag or top four at least and Hawks in bottom six.

Most arguments here are glass half empty we finish out of the eight.

I believe he will start to breakout soon once he knows how we play. It's not easy.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's so emotive always to say it was our first round pick. With academy picks etc our pick could be 20 plus. Truth is Schultz is worth that in our current structure. We aren't talking about a top ten pick here. Schultz is a top 22 player and offers more to our structure than Ginnivan.

The key to these deals is us winning flag or top four at least and Hawks in bottom six.

I believe he will start to breakout soon once he knows how we play. It's not easy.

Agree although he's already playing well.

He’s 9 games into a totally foreign system. He’ll be fine

He’s 9 games into a totally foreign system. He’ll be fine

He will be fine, but we overpaid massively for him. If you want someone to provide mainly forward line pressure, you draft a player like Richards or Harrison.

If you want a potential match winning forward, then you trade away a second and first round pick.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back