Player Watch Lachie Schultz

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah, maybe. In the final 40 minutes, we were crying for a forward to step up. His last quarter was 2 disposals - both turnover - so zero percent disposal efficiency and 1 tackle.

The moment was there for him, and he didn't exactly own it.
Amazing take!!
Based on this. We should take his goal from the boundary off him….and lose by 2 points.

Or the fact he was 100% hit high and not paid in the last 1 min.

Kind of think you need to change you lens
Because it seems you value “something “
Over lachie.
If this is where you stand, you’re going to be found out……

There were 2 marking contests early in the game where he was out of position but made sure his guy didn't mark it. Cox needs to take note.
Coxy worked his butt off today. He brought the pill to ground in most of his contests and made a few very important spoils. His confidence is clearly down when it comes to his contested marking but it will return when he clunks a couple. Until then he will continue to be a part of the best rucking duo in the competition.

Thought he got winded from landing on the ball?

Looked to me like his head whipped sideways and made forceful secondary contact with the turf.

Coxy worked his butt off today. He brought the pill to ground in most of his contests and made a few very important spoils. His confidence is clearly down when it comes to his contested marking but it will return when he clunks a couple. Until then he will continue to be a part of the best rucking duo in the competition.

He was soft on the marking contest. His lack of aggression was hard to miss.

Credit to the man.
He is not doing what we were expecting, that is kicking 2-3 goals a game, but he is a tackling machine and never seems to be truly out of a contest with his secondary efforts.
I’m warming to him.

He kicked one this week and if the umps hadn’t swallowed their whistle he’d have had at least one more.

7 tackles. Some of them crucial.

He’s ok with me.

Credit to the man.
He is not doing what we were expecting, that is kicking 2-3 goals a game, but he is a tackling machine and never seems to be truly out of a contest with his secondary efforts.
I’m warming to him.
He’s a 30 goal a year forward. That’s what we got him for and his pressure. 2-3 goals a game? Wtf 😂 3 goals a game is 70 goals for the season

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How's the evolution of this bloke ...never seen him spoil like that...was bloody fantastic

Schultz's effort was outstanding. His pressure in the forward line is elite and with no Beau and Elliot he has his work cut out for him. His defensive efforts, particularly in the last quarter, were exceptional.
He also did a surprisingly good job of bringing some balls to ground in the Blair midget CHF role.

He was soft on the marking contest. His lack of aggression was hard to miss.
It seems we can label some Collingwood players soft without fear of ferocious push back and others .......

By the way I think what you wrote is nonsense. Cox has always struggled to hold his ground when trapped under the ball-it may be simply biologically more difficult when you have such long legs because I have seen him attempt to plant his feet and hold his ground and still get pushed under the ball. This is a well-known reality so how about we play to his strength which is leading out to a well delivered pass which he can run onto and use his leap and reach to grab?

never thought we'd be reliving the Blair CHF era.
Fly is giving us the Collingwood Eras Tour. The midget chf. This week it'll be back to 2018 - Jordy full forward with Checkers and Cox. I'm not looking forward to the week after when it's sideways chip kicks.

I am warming to him. Also I don't take into account draft position, more interested in his output to date.

I was just looking at stats and comparing him to my favourite Jamie Elliott (he is my star) and some of his stats surprised me (tackles, clangers and efficiency), considering he is in a new team and system.

Note: has played one more game than Jamie of course.

I say give him time to score his card.

2024-05-20_102232.jpg

I am warming to him. Also I don't take into account draft position, more interested in his output to date.

I was just looking at stats and comparing him to my favourite Jamie Elliott (he is my star) and some of his stats surprised me (tackles, clangers and efficiency), considering he is in a new team and system.

View attachment 1994793

19 more tackles

View attachment 1994793

Not even hit-outs in those stats. Delist.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Remove this Banner Ad

Back