Movies & TV Last movie you watched?

Remove this Banner Ad

Harrison Ford is normally a dry mother*cker anyway. The CBF'd attitude suits the older Han I reckon, and I thought his performance was far better that it was in Crystal Skull.

I never saw that movie.
It must have been a riveting performance by Ford.

Watched Black Mass today. Very much a slow burn film but very good. Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger was excellent.

What's everyone's film of 2015? Mine is Sicario followed closely by Mad Max: Fury Road.

Watched Black Mass today. Very much a slow burn film but very good. Johnny Depp as Whitey Bulger was excellent.

What's everyone's film of 2015? Mine is Sicario followed closely by Mad Max: Fury Road.
Mad Max for me as well.
Although I'll finally see Star Wars in the next few days, so it may well be a late contender.

Hadn't heard of Sicario, but after googling it think I'll see it-sounds good, and has a couple of my favourite actors in it as a bonus. :thumbsu:

Harrison Ford looks like he would be a massive arsehole IRL.

I did like him in the Fugitive tho.
Nope…
My experiences with him he is very quiet and reserved…

Comes in does his thing - no fuss and no drama….

Keeps to himself but is very respectful and accommodating if you have a request… Id agree he doesn't tolerate fools and idiots so if that makes him an a-hole then yes...

Signed my Indiana Jones DVD box set cover along with Spielberg and Lucas and my Star Wars ep 4-6 DVD box set with Lucas and had no dramas doing it…

Go Catters

OK. But I thought that Harrison Ford looked like he was not interested in being there.
I think that we can look forward to at least one more Episode.
There two more. All different directors.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are we allowed to discuss it here? Or are we under spoiler alert?
No idea

I really liked it though

And the missus took herself to see it in Adelaide today and loved it

Spoiler alert. Definitely spoiler alert.

Seeing it a 2nd time on Sunday :)
Nerd-Gif.gif

Screw that, it was released on the 17th of December.

If you like Star Wars and haven't seen it yet you ain't trying hard enough. :D
Ok, well let's go.

There are no spoiler alerts here, just spoilers. :)

I liked it for these reasons.
It was about 7pm one day and I got sick of avoiding all media.
So I told my 8 year old son to get dressed properly, we're seeing Star Wars at 9pm.

We left the mrs and daughter behind, and had a night out.
It was his first real movie on a big screen. He's seen plenty of movies, but this was an adult movie, without swearing.

As the lights dimmed I was whispering " day da da da, da day da"
And for two hours he was captivated. He never uttered a word.

The sound and special effects were just awesome.
Any Star Wars fan has to see it on the big screen.

Ummm, there's actually no spoilers there.
Continue to spoilers now? :)

Ok, onto spoilers we go.

I've got pieces of timber here that are less wooden than fisher (especially) and Ford.
They are way over used.

They unearthed an absolute star, and smothered her around useless characters.
Who was that darth vader copy? Useless. My toilet has more depth.

There was absolutely nothing in that movie that was new.
It was ripped from all previous movies.

Seen a droid found in the desert?
Seen someone find the force?
Seen a bar scene?
Seen a Death Star that destroys planets!
Seen a mind reader?

And by far, the biggest disappointment was the pathetic light sabre scene that we waited all movie to see.

I enjoyed the night. But that movie is about 10% better than return of the Jedi. And that movie is / was a joke.

And I'm completely amazed the hyper drive in the millennium falcon didn't fail.
Or maybe it did, and I missed it.

Because I completely expected it. That was how the movie went. I pretty much knew what was coming.

I think it needed to be like that to rebuild the faith in it all after Phantom Menace etc etc, I'd be disappointed if the next 2 are similar but I liked how it was familiar, the new characters were introduced well and the old ones paid enough respect to

I think it needed to be like that to rebuild the faith in it all after Phantom Menace etc etc, I'd be disappointed if the next 2 are similar but I liked how it was familiar, the new characters were introduced well and the old ones paid enough respect to
I actually get that.

But the next one has a new writer.
I'm not so sure there's a vision.

I do like the idea of shifting each movie to a new writer and director. After all, we all have our vision of what it should be after growing up with it.

So Abram is the fall guy?
Personally, I think they sold out.

I've got pieces of timber here that are less wooden than fisher (especially) and Ford.
They are way over used.

Agreed

They unearthed an absolute star, and smothered her around useless characters.
Yep, again agree

Who was that darth vader copy? Useless. My toilet has more depth.

There was absolutely nothing in that movie that was new.

And by far, the biggest disappointment was the pathetic light sabre scene that we waited all movie to see.

I enjoyed the night. But that movie is about 10% better than return of the Jedi. And that movie is / was a joke.

It was an ordinary movie.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back