Status
Not open for further replies.

IDIG

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 3, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Didnt get to watch it, anything to take out of the pies west coast game?

By the looks of it Big Cox and Kerr weren't used much, Heater in similar role to last year, Nicoski broke 100 :eek:, Masten could be more than handy at his price, Pendles continues to be a great SC'er.

Did anyone watch it? Anything worth noting?

Don't be fooled by Nicoski he had a lot of turnovers in the game. Many people will be slamming Lockyer into their team now but remember this is the the NAB Cup.

Both Cockie and Swift from WC showed enough to be considered potential cash cows (presuming Cockie is elevated off the rookie list).

I would be wary of jumpring on Lockyer because its not every game that his opposition will be practicaly an AFL B grade side (and i remember last year Gram pulling a similar score in the NAB GF and all my friends jumpin on him thinkin he was the best thing since sliced bread ;))

Beams and Sidebottom didnt play which was rather annoying but oh well we will wait and see until next time.

How was Swifts disposal by foot? That was my only concern with him because he was very highly rated going into the draft. Some say he would have gone number 1 having not gone through back to back knee reco's.

Biggie, what's the likely scenario of Swift playing round 1 onwards.

I also picked up Masten as he looks like a jet. :thumbsu:

Biggie, what's the likely scenario of Swift playing round 1 onwards.

Rnd 1, imo unlikely. But once in I reckon he'll be a stayer.

I also picked up Masten as he looks like a jet. :thumbsu:

Had him last yr, was okay. I prefer him in DT. :)

All u can do is look at form. Ignore spike scores when there's little to no opposition whatsoever and kids playing..they're meaningless.

The best value form i saw in that game was easily Ben Johnson...looked sublime and back in a bit of form. Streaky disposal normally but when in form he's pretty good by foot. Worth checking his TOG and might make a decent 5th value choice mid to start with this yr. U dont argue with form.

Swift possibly as a potential mideseason mule if he stays out of the drs office (unlikely), but plenty are ahead of him anyway and WCE have lots of them to come back in. Worsfold will know he doesnt yet look up to the rigours of the real action and i'd rather pick mid bench that have best chance of early games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back