FTA-TV Legit

Remove this Banner Ad

Mar 20, 2007
AFL Club
West Coast
New series by Aussie comedian Jim Jefferies that aired on FX last night

In the Louie mould it follows the life of Jim, but Jim is certainly no Louis CK. The first episode has Jim taking a wheel-chair bound man to a strip club to get laid

Saw the first episode today, and I liked it. Alot of very funny moments, he certainly doesnt hold back

Anyone else catch it ?

I've liked the first two eps of this one. I've been told the story doesn't specifically revolve around Jim and Billy in future episodes

I still dont understand why people are expecting this to be like Louie. Because its another FX show about a comedian ?
The standup of Jim and Louis are very different

Show's receiving mainly positive reviews (especially the last couple of weeks) and I love it. Ep 3 or 4 was the funniest so far IMO and Jim even said on his Facebook that this is when his acting starts to get better. :p

I've been a massive fan since Hellbound and I've seen Jim live twice now. It's been great to watch his stand up material come to life with the TV show and I'm loving all the new material too.

For any fans of his, he did a podcast for about 150 episodes with another comedian called Eddie Ifft which he left recently due to his busy schedule. The podcast is called Talkin' s**t and it's definitely worth a listen...some of the funniest stuff I've ever heard from Jim.

Anyway, he came back on the podcast as a guest a couple of weeks ago and told a true story about a guy with muscular dystrophy (same disease Billy has in the show) who wrote on twitter after the second episode of Legit aired about how he was starting to come around to the show after he was initially disappointed with the pilot, and how he was really starting to like the job DJ Qualls was doing playing the role of Billy. Jim said it really made him feel good. The very next tweet on this guy's account only a few hours later is from somebody else who claims to be a friend of the guy with MD and he informs everybody that unfortunately the guy just died. Jim says he contacted the family after that. Pretty crazy stuff...

This show is hilarious, a real pity we did not produce the show in Australia.

From episode 1 the acting has improved as has the storyline, my number 2 show at the moment......after the best show which is Southland.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back