Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

Well well, ball's in our court to get 2nd place again!

There should be no excuses, after seeing some of those performances, we really need to put away Villa and give ourselves some serious breathing space, and therefore something to play with once we hit our hard run.

1am is going to be very annoying, but I'm sure it will be worth it. Fingers crossed that we do what is expected of us. I think Inler is going to finally get his chance to demonstrate why he is the true successor to Cambiasso.

Oh, one more thing, about the Rugby World Cup: As you may be aware, the King Power is going to be used for three matches, all against inferior opposition. The dates (All UK dates) will be on the 4th, 6th, and 11th. The good news is that is the international break, and our final match there is the 26th Sep against Arsenal. We will not be back there until the 24th of October against Palace, so hopefully the pitch is in a playable condition by then. However, this does means we will play Norwich away on the 2nd, and Southampton away on the 17th. The international break should help us get our focus back. Let's hope we'll still keep this run going by then.

Last edited:
Love being second on the ladder! And a good comeback.

The boys were looking pretty strong even from the start but I was starting to wonder why I was staying up so late last night/this morning, I didn't want to be the grumpiest person at work on Monday.

Will be waiting for your report Tuck.

Gee whiz, tell you what, if Vardy continues to rob teams of wins again against Arsenal, I'm officially posting this:

rcoy0_zpsvnjjcnlh.jpg

Can Vards make it 4 in a row?

Sorry I couldn't provide the report against Villa like I usually do in the Matchday topic. But if you must know, aside from the obvious Mahrez and Vardy show; I felt that Kante and Dyer impressed with their speed as they upped the tempo of the game, which was something we really needed to do. As soon as we did that, it was clear Villa were struggling. Ulloa coming on seemed contradictory with our faster pace, but rather interestingly, his presence gave the defenders a lot of work, and just like in the Bury game, his holding up abilities help us to open the defence further and give Vardy that space. The other name that really impressed me was Big Wes. He was an absolute beast in that 2nd half, getting onto everything and getting us out of trouble when needed. Really good performance.

Of course, a few things did happen in the Stoke game. A little disappointed that we couldn't quite complete the job. I mean, if we had Dyer waiting on the bench (turns out he had a knee injury, and he didn't play due to precautions), I think we would've taken that. Then again, if we just started correctly, we wouldn't have to dig ourselves out so many times. Then again, I probably should stop looking at others' efforts and just focus on what's ahead.

Unfortunately, we 4th now (Darn West Ham and their win over City), but I'm hoping Norwich might have something to say against West Ham. United play Sunderland unfortunately, so it looks like both Manchesters are beyond us for now. Yeah alright, I probably should focus more on the season goal, but at the same time, I know that we need to get as many points as we can before November/December, though seeing West Ham is giving me some delusions of grandeur. I mean, if they can...

Speaking of, we need to talk tactics about the West Ham Cup game. I want a good cup run or two, and with the depth that we now possess, I think we should seriously give this a go. I mean, there's so many benefits (team competition for one), and even if we lose some positions, we should be good enough to avoid anything stupid.

I'm thinking:
Schwarz
Simpson Benny Wasyl Chilwell
Dodoo King Inler Fuchs
Ulloa Kramaric

Unfortunately, Simpson has to play (and I do want to try Fuchs as a inverted RB, surely he can provide good cover?) Do note that there's no Dyer since he's cup tied. Makes getting time hard, but I expect him to be fit and firing against Arsenal as he comes off the bench and injects even more pace into the team.

I don't think West Ham will bring out the big guns (not like Payet, but other members of the starting XI), but if they do, have Schlupp, De Laet, Okazaki, and maybe Kante on the bench if need be. I do think what's on paper should get the job done. We really should be aiming to keep ourselves in the cups for as long as possible.

I feel that Inler will come good, but if he doesn't sparkle against West Ham, I would put him on ice at least until after the international break.

Thoughts?

My biggest thought is that we drop Wes Morgan for that absolute howler on the weekend. Absolutely pathetic.

As for West Ham, this is not the easy fixture I thought it was a month ago. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this if we play a weakened side. Not totally against this though as I'd love for us to just focus on the league for the time being.

We could easily have picked up another 4 points or so if we weren't so average in defence. We need to sort it out ASAP because we won't be able to rely on getting points after going 2 down all season.

Yeah, there were a few obscenities thrown around in the first 20 min of the game in my house, especially after Morgan's incident. First the kick was absolutely woeful, and then his slow reaction to was even worse. However, have to give credit to the boys for getting their heads back on straight and they were hard on the offensive in the second half. But I really wanted Leicester to win and be the no. 1 Midlands team.

Their defence has dwindled this season but I wonder if that has to do with Ranieri's style. He sort of has that stereotypical Italian, fast attacking playing style going on. And I think its pretty clear how much I love Ulloa but even as a forward he was very good in defence.

I think it would be good to see Leicester go well in the League Cup just because of our history in winning it. However, I'm predicting that I will be having a sh*t weekend as a Freo fan, with Hawthorn to smash Freo, Pav to retire and bloody West Coast cruising into the GF, so I really, really hope Leicester beat Arsenal.

My biggest thought is that we drop Wes Morgan for that absolute howler on the weekend. Absolutely pathetic.

As for West Ham, this is not the easy fixture I thought it was a month ago. Wouldn't be surprised if we lose this if we play a weakened side. Not totally against this though as I'd love for us to just focus on the league for the time being.

We could easily have picked up another 4 points or so if we weren't so average in defence. We need to sort it out ASAP because we won't be able to rely on getting points after going 2 down all season.

Cor, that’s a big call. Understandable since it was a howler, but I feel that between Huth and Morgan, the skipper’s been the better one. That said, I think Huth did have his best game of the season.

I’m also in agreement. Last month, it seemed like cake. After some big wins, it’s not as easy. I still think we need to make some effort in staying in, especially as a testing grounds for depth. I for one would be quite disappointed if West Ham play a similar team to us (which I expect them to do), and we lost.

This so much. 4 games in a row. We can’t do this every single time. We’re a confidence team, sooner or later it will bite us hard. We need to get the start just right. I want to see more of the Sunderland and West Ham, where we start fast, and keep the opponent out of it. We’re more than capable to start fast and finish hard.

Yeah, there were a few obscenities thrown around in the first 20 min of the game in my house, especially after Morgan's incident. First the kick was absolutely woeful, and then his slow reaction to was even worse. However, have to give credit to the boys for getting their heads back on straight and they were hard on the offensive in the second half. But I really wanted Leicester to win and be the no. 1 Midlands team.

Their defence has dwindled this season but I wonder if that has to do with Ranieri's style. He sort of has that stereotypical Italian, fast attacking playing style going on. And I think its pretty clear how much I love Ulloa but even as a forward he was very good in defence.

I think it would be good to see Leicester go well in the League Cup just because of our history in winning it. However, I'm predicting that I will be having a sh*t weekend as a Freo fan, with Hawthorn to smash Freo, Pav to retire and bloody West Coast cruising into the GF, so I really, really hope Leicester beat Arsenal.

I would’ve really liked that too. Would’ve been a huge confidence booster (and I did feel if we did come back 3-2, we would’ve sent Stoke further back confidence wise.)

4-4-2 was always going to be problematic. With De Laet and Schlupp going forward, you’re always exposed to that danger. Actually looking back, I think Mahrez has improved in his tracking back, it’s De Laet that seems to be the one to not really engage with the ball player.

Well, I want to see Freo make the GF and win it. So hopefully that won’t be the case.

In regards to defence, we need the three CBs and Mahrez behind the strikers. Have Albrighton and Schlupp combine their roles. More importantly, get Wasyl as the 3rd CB and have the three big boys boss the line. There’s a good reason why we got 5 clean sheets as soon as we went with this formation. Right now, everyone and their dog knows that they can take advantage of our right hand side, and it’s no surprise that’s where all the attacks are going, and yet we are helpless to do a thing about it. I don't know why, but I think Ranieri has something against Wasyl. Not even having him on the bench over Simpson and Benny?

Of course, we do have a riskier game plan on the attack, so that should be considered. Also, there are still defences that have it worse off than us. The frustrating thing is that I think we already have the tools for the job, we're just not using it. Also, for that matter, what the hell is going on with Fuchs?

For the sake of Arsenal, we need this formation. The attacking prowless is there, but we need to be tight at the back. Them Arsenal forwards are not very clinical, so the more we frustrate them, the less likely they're going to score and likely to cause mistakes to take advantage of on the counter.

I saw this article today http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/leicester-citys-jamie-vardy-scores-6477045

According to the article, of the top 10 fastest speeds clocked this season, 5 of them came from Leicester players. I think Jamie Vardy had 3 in the top 10, including posi no. 1, and Albrighton and Morgan were in there too. good to see our players getting some love in the media, well from outlets other than the local Leicester Mercury.

Positives:

Negatives... that confounded defense. As noted, I feel like this is the only thing holding us back from really going beyond. But the question is, what to do?

3-5-2 against Arsenal I feel would've done a better job. Too many times were De Laet and Schlupp (his worst game) caught ball watching, playing the man through. When you're playing as open as we are, you're going to want some confidence at the back. I understand that Fuchs, Was, and Benny were probably tired from West Ham, but surely we could've had at least one or two of them if Simpson and Dodoo were on the bench? How is it that the 2nd XI defense looks more competent than the 1st XI?

But I'm hearing mixed opinions. Does 3-5-2 seem like a temporary measure? Will 4-4-2 be more beneficial to us in the long run? I just feel like with Was, both Huth and Morgan will have more control, and the three of them will dictate things from the back without worry from the full backs. Yeah, 3-5-2 means no Fuchs in defense, who would be better than Schlupp, but you can have him on the wing, tracking back like Albrighton.

I'd like to hear your thoughts for Norwich. Surely we can agree that Fuchs for Schlupp is a must? The kid needs to lift his game, and he will benefit from competition.

I'd love to drop all the defenders if I'm honest. Huth also had a rubbish game on the weekend. Kasper wasn't great either unfortunately.

Our defense was always going to be a problem at some point and so it proved on the weekend. A clean sheet against Norwich is a must!

Vardy is definitely a positive though as you say. He's in incredible form!

I feel ya. I mean, understandable we're going to be weak in defence, but we made things way too easy for them. Still, your suggested backline of Simpson-Was-Benny-Fuchs does have some great potential (Sorry, we have no choice on Simpson). I think a little wake up call is what our regulars need to sort themselves out. I mean, despite all our attacking to be the number 1 team for goals, to have a GD of just +1 is just unacceptable. Ranieri is not a guy to get angry, but gee whiz, I hope he gives the backline a good clipping.

It should be noted that Norwich were a very attacking side in the Championship, and even now, they've scored 11. Redmond is going take advantage of our right flank. He's been banging them in. Truth be told, it's not going to be as easy as we would like to keep that clean sheet, but if we do it, I think it will be the first sign of defensive progress. I hope we can bounce back really well with a good win. If we do that, we can pretend Arsenal never happened.

And to think you were so keen to sell him to Pullis, lol. Just give Vardy time, and he will deliver. That England call up has really put his spirits higher I have to say. Just when we thought he was only going to get the one, suddenly there are calls to start him against Estonia and Lithuania. Those finishes against Arsenal, that first goal... that controlled header, and then that curve to beat Cech, that was Henry like. Then, as if to show it wasn't a fluke, finessed Cech yet again (Did you see that curve?) To be honest, even if Arsenal had all 11 on the goal line, Vardy was going to score. His finishing has really gone to another level. He could've easily had a hattrick given an extra bit of luck (and if we went 2-0 up, I think we would've had Arsenal). He certainly converted a few Gooners, that's for sure. He is our number 1 without question, it's just a matter of finding the right mate for him. He's looking every bit like a class striker now, it's amazing.

I don't know if it was just me wondering this, but you know that blue tape that Vardy was wearing after half time in the Villa game? That's actually a cast as it tuns out he's actually broken two bones in his wrist. I couldn't find the answer until now, but I think it says a lot about the guy. That injury will take two months to recover from, and yet he's the inform striker of the Premier League. Remember he saved us from relegation with an injured foot as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-bones-wrist-victory-against-Aston-Villa.html

England squad is announced Thursday. Time ti see if its only the big names that get a look in, or if form is rewarded.

I don't know if it was just me wondering this, but you know that blue tape that Vardy was wearing after half time in the Villa game? That's actually a cast as it tuns out he's actually broken two bones in his wrist. I couldn't find the answer until now, but I think it says a lot about the guy. That injury will take two months to recover from, and yet he's the inform striker of the Premier League. Remember he saved us from relegation with an injured foot as well.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...-bones-wrist-victory-against-Aston-Villa.html

England squad is announced Thursday. Time ti see if its only the big names that get a look in, or if form is rewarded.
Oh I knew it was a cast haha. It isn't too bad as he shouldn't be using his arm at all but still not ideal of course.

Oh I knew it was a cast haha. It isn't too bad as he shouldn't be using his arm at all but still not ideal of course.
They very idea of it being a cast went over me, since I've never actually seen that before, and would've thought it did post some risks, even if he doesn't use his arms.

If I'm not mistaken, we should be seeing Dyer back for Norwich (unless Ranieri wants to rest him for the week, and give him the two weeks of recovery.)

In other news:
*Chilwell has assisted in the U21 2-1 loss against Liverpool (Harry with the goal.) http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/u2...al&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer
*The Admiral also got a hattrick for the U18s against Reading in a 3-3 draw. http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/u18s-report-reading-3-leicester-city-3-2715543.aspx
*Also, lol, our Thai boys are killing teams. 10-2 victory over another acamedy side: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/report-international-academy-10-st.-andrews-2-2713700.aspx Be nice of one of them turned out to be quite good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To no one's surprise, Vardy is in the England squad.

Also news for the Norwich game: No Dyer. As predicted, he'll be back after the international break. It's a shame, but I'm sure he'll be handy later on.

We should be able to bounce back and get our season back on track.

I think the fact that Vardy is now seriously contending for a Euro spot is only good for us. It's no surprise that making him the leading man, combined with him settling in at long last is bringing out the best in him. I would not be surprised if he manages to nab 15-20 goals, maybe even more as he makes the final 23 and giving something to be excited about in June-July.

Last edited:
I feel ya. I mean, understandable we're going to be weak in defence, but we made things way too easy for them. Still, your suggested backline of Simpson-Was-Benny-Fuchs does have some great potential (Sorry, we have no choice on Simpson).
Blatant fantasy question, what is Simpsons Job security like? Just a one game fill in? Well done on a great season to date by the way, best team to watch in the EPL at the moment.

Blatant fantasy question, what is Simpsons Job security like? Just a one game fill in? Well done on a great season to date by the way, best team to watch in the EPL at the moment.
Cheers for that. We've got four very decent League games, which we should aim to get some good points out of before we start to bring on the big boys.

For Simpson, as much as I hate to say it, but he looked pretty good. At least in comparison to De Laet. However, the one thing that needs to be considered that it was Albrighton ahead of him, not Mahrez (turns out he had shoulder troubles, he was on the bench if it turned out we needed that extra bit of magic) like De Laet did, and Albrighton is far better with his defensive roles. The right side was still weaker than the left in my opinion, but he seemed to engage more with the attacker.

Simpson is more defensively orientated than De Laet, so don't expect any attacking points from him at all. It did please me that Benny did get replace Simpson at right back, and is starting to look better.

At this junction, I would expect to see more of Simpson this month, since Ranieri wants to get that clean sheet, but don't be surprised if Benny, or even De Laet replaces him over the next month of games. It also remains to be seen how much of an impact Mahrez had on Simpson's and De Laet's performances, so keep an eye on that when Mahrez does play. I personally think Mahrez is getting a lot of undeserved stick (he still doesn't quite fulfil his duties though), but it is something worth noting.

Jatz I saw that you were in love with N'Golo, but now you have swapped out to Cripps. Bit late celebrating his B&F win, isn't it?

What did you think of that defensive performance after we switched out our Full Backs? You did get half your wish.

At least our attack shines:
CQoqDq1VAAABXdA.png

Last edited:
Cheers for that. We've got four very decent League games, which we should aim to get some good points out of before we start to bring on the big boys.

For Simpson, as much as I hate to say it, but he looked pretty good. At least in comparison to De Laet. However, the one thing that needs to be considered that it was Albrighton ahead of him, not Mahrez (turns out he had shoulder troubles, he was on the bench if it turned out we needed that extra bit of magic) like De Laet did, and Albrighton is far better with his defensive roles. The right side was still weaker than the left in my opinion, but he seemed to engage more with the attacker.

Simpson is more defensively orientated than De Laet, so don't expect any attacking points from him at all. It did please me that Benny did get replace Simpson at right back, and is starting to look better.
Thanks for that, I may just gamble as I can always leave him as 14th man and it allows me to afford KDB. I hadn't heard Mahrez was actually inujred, will have to watch that closely. Best of luck for the rest of the season.

At this junction, I would expect to see more of Simpson this month, since Ranieri wants to get that clean sheet, but don't be surprised if Benny, or even De Laet replaces him over the next month of games. It also remains to be seen how much of an impact Mahrez had on Simpson's and De Laet's performances, so keep an eye on that when Mahrez does play. I personally think Mahrez is getting a lot of undeserved stick (he still doesn't quite fulfil his duties though), but it is something worth noting.

Jatz I saw that you were in love with N'Golo, but now you have swapped out to Cripps. Bit late celebrating his B&F win, isn't it?

What did you think of that defensive performance after we switched out our Full Backs? You did get half your wish.

At least our attack shines:
CQoqDq1VAAABXdA.png
The defense is looking better (apart from that goal - awful defending). We're getting there slowly.

As per the graph, as long as we keep creating, we should be ok! 15 points is exactly the start to the season we needed!

Hey guys, how is Gokhan Inler tracking so far?

Good luck for the rest of the season, i think you guys might be my adopted EPL team since Inler and Ranieri are there :)
He's struggled a little bit to get up to speed so far but that's to be expected really (with no pre season with us).

Not sure he suits our gameplan every week but I expect to see him more and more as the season progresses.

If he can partner with Kante, we'll have one hell of a midfield!

OK, international report time.

Most important note: No injuries. Dyer will be considered for selection after playing in a 0-0 draw to Birmingham along with Wasyl and Benny.

1. Schmichael – Had a pretty good game against Portugal. It was a well taken goal. France… all I can is I hope he was only rolling out his shockers before our game, because ye gods… that wasn’t a very good performance at all.

Some say this is the reason why we need proper competition amongst our ranks. Yes, our defence needs working on, but I did feel he could’ve done better against Arsenal and Norwich.

9. Vardy - Came on for 8 mins against Estonia and immediate got the assist for the 2nd goal. He could’ve easily put it away himself and broke the duck, but did the team thing, which is unheard of for England. However, started on the Wing, and well, nothing. As much as it seems like he’s not getting much support from his teammates (he’s still very much on the outer), at the same time, he’s not doing himself any favours. He doesn’t look like the Vardy we know. His positioning hasn’t done him any favours (at the same time, the few times he did, he got nothing.) He didn’t even chase down anything. The later I can explain as simply Woy telling him to not play his game. He’ll only run himself into the ground and it will expose the team. It worse in the 2nd half, I had to actively search him out, because he was barely there. Worse yet, when Kane went off, Ings took the central position. Not going to lie, I think he could’ve done more, because his performance reminds me of another certain player in our ranks.

I know he has the ability to be good at the international level, but when he plays a game that isn’t suited for him (and nor will it ever be with English pride), he’s not the central figure (At least over Ings), and his teammates don’t trust him, well… This situation reminds me of the Kramaric situation; he’s not going to get a lot of time, and whatever time he gets, he needs to perform. At the moment, I can see him making it as an impact sub against the bigger teams (that’s the only way he’s going to play, when England don’t have it.)

The most likely way Vardy is going to be on a plane to France is if he gets 20+. The other way is to put them away this month and show his value against France and Germany next month. Just hope that he carries the positives and bangs them in for us, and make it impossible to deny. He’s extremely good for us, our best of the strikers by a good margin, very happy to have him even if his England adventure doesn’t quite kick on.

10. King – Played the full 90 against Bosnia. Did his usual Kingy stuff. Did not play against Andorra.

15. Schlupp – He started against Canada at LB. I’m not sure how he actually went. He played the full 90 despite 6 subs. There was live streaming, but that’s about it.

16. Lawrence – Finally gets his big Welsh debut against Andorra as a sub, and he almost capped it off with a goal! He’s been fantastic ever since he’s joined Blackburn. A few assists and a goal. He looks really comfortable in the Championship. It’s looking more and more that he’s going to produce something special for next year I feel, and if he can crack it with us, then our strength of wingers looks awesome. Of course, there could be a chance that when he finally blossoms, we might let him go because of the strength of our wingers. Hope not, hope he does finally breakthrough for us.

19. Kramaric – 30 mins only against Malta. Did nothing at all. Was like Vardy against Lithuania. Croatia were playing defensive, but… it’s a tricky one. He is the most talented of the four strikers, yet he’s at the very bottom. If Nugent was still here, even he would be above Kramaric (if anything, I think people should realise how tricky Nugent’s role was since Okazaki’s getting stick for exactly the same thing Nugent did, which is a priceless role for us). The problem with Kramaric is the one thing he offers is goals, and when he doesn’t have goals, he doesn’t exactly offer anything to the team. Okazaki and Ulloa have other things that can get them into the team.

He has voiced his demand for game time publically, and Celtic have come knocking for him, but I’m mixed. On one hand, he needs confidence. But on the other, it seems like a cheap way out. Like Vardy, I think he needs this as a character building exercise, one that he can use to become an excellent player. If he goes to Celtic, it’s possibly the last that we see of him. He has to shine against Hull or whatever other game he gets. Even show that he means serious business in training. Until then, it seems his career is going by him, and that’s a huge shame. I hope for his sake that he will pull his finger out and overcome this challenge.

20. Okazaki - Won a penalty and got a goal. Does the business for Japan as both a target man and doing the dirty work. I want Ulloa to start one of these games, but I can’t help but feel that Okazaki’s work is the reason why we can really apply pressure at the end, so we won’t be as effective the other way around.

26. Mahrez – Got an assist yet again against Guiana, where he was one of the few highlights in that loss. Was rather average against Senegal, though it had to be said that pretty much the whole team didn’t have a good game. Probably should’ve passed instead of going solo. If he works on his decision making, he could become an even more unpredictable and tricky character to deal with.

28. Fuchs – A sweet assist and some great defending. Honestly, the guy has to start without question. Fuchs at LB, Schlupp at LW, let the good times roll!

33. Inler – Converted a penalty, played the full 180. Well needed game time. The whole Swiss team didn’t really give a toss for the Estonia game (won by an injury time own-goal for the Swiss). Will find his stride, and when he does… hoo boy.

What a timely article that is, considering we're about to get our ground back:
11218852_10153379021639864_3456382467094877186_n.jpg

Note the signage and the seats. Notice anything missing that would usually be there for our games?

The pitch looks in good enough condition, so I expect no problems next week.

But yeah, never seen those pictures before. It's a nice look back at the birth of the stadium. The ground is on Freeman's Wharf on Filbert Way, so I guess you could use either for a generic name. It's finally back home in the Premier League, and has earned itself quite a reputation!

OK, something rather interesting from Ranieri's presser:

"There was a little problem for Ulloa and we wanted to be sure he would be okay, but I think for the next match he will be available,"

"There is no problem with Kramaric. I chose others to come on the bench."

"I had players who can play in more positions, and can change the match and the team."

Yep, Ranieri would rather play Mahrez as a 10 than bring on Kramaric on (Not that I'm complaining, he's better as a 10). I think it's fair to say that if he doesn't do anything against Hull (I can tell we're going to be swapping out at least 10 players for that game), I think his goose is cooked.

I was thinking about opening something up for January transfers in November perhaps, since I've heard a few rumours about players wanting in. Apparantly we're very close to signing an international keeper for backup purposes, which suggests Hamer is completely goneski. Makes sense since Schwarzer is gone by the end of this year.

I think we're obviously after a RB, as well as a speedy CB. I also think that a backup partner for Vardy is in order, because as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure I have the confidence in the others to actually run the show should something serious happen to Jamie that can't be shaken off. I also get the feeling that just like the previous three windows, we're going to get someone that will turn heads (at the time, at least). I'm going to laugh in glee if this becomes a reality: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/leicester-scout-eyes-swiss-wonderkid-1784540.html I don't think it will happen, but I don't feel like we're far off a 20m player.

OK, something rather interesting from Ranieri's presser:

Yep, Ranieri would rather play Mahrez as a 10 than bring on Kramaric on (Not that I'm complaining, he's better as a 10). I think it's fair to say that if he doesn't do anything against Hull (I can tell we're going to be swapping out at least 10 players for that game), I think his goose is cooked.

I was thinking about opening something up for January transfers in November perhaps, since I've heard a few rumours about players wanting in. Apparantly we're very close to signing an international keeper for backup purposes, which suggests Hamer is completely goneski. Makes sense since Schwarzer is gone by the end of this year.

I think we're obviously after a RB, as well as a speedy CB. I also think that a backup partner for Vardy is in order, because as much as I hate to say it, I'm not sure I have the confidence in the others to actually run the show should something serious happen to Jamie that can't be shaken off. I also get the feeling that just like the previous three windows, we're going to get someone that will turn heads (at the time, at least). I'm going to laugh in glee if this becomes a reality: https://www.clubcall.com/leicester-city/leicester-scout-eyes-swiss-wonderkid-1784540.html I don't think it will happen, but I don't feel like we're far off a 20m player.
Yeah I'd say Kram is done. Shame really, think there's something there but he clearly hasn't shown enough of it in training. Both Pearson and Ranieri won't play the kid.

Definitely need a speedy CB. Too many big, old, slow ones there atm. A RB is definitely a need also.

Agree that we need another poacher. Would love us to revisit Austin. Would be a great foil to Vardy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back