Leicester City - 1 Time Champion of England

Remove this Banner Ad

Yay!

Welcome Mr Kante!

In other news, squad numbers have been released. Kramaric takes 19 (he's magic you know) and Chilwell get's 30. I'm thinking more and more that he'll start against Sunderland!
Saw that list. I think the lack of name in the number 3 was the best bit of news. Konch is out, and there for the taking. I think early clips suggest Benny boy may take number 14. I'm surprised Fuchs opted for number 28 though. Kante... not sure at this point in time.

Still, the 19 on Kramaric might get some getting used to, and I'm hoping that we will see Chiwell doing his best to keep up the pressure on the big boys.

Woah ho oh. 2 signings in 1 day?! That's crazy talk!

I am even more excited about the season starting now.

Funny what a good signing does.

All it needed was for the ice to be broken. I suspect we're very close to Inler, and suddenly the Chilean is starting to feel the pressure (Bayer only increased their offer by 500k, which would be seen as 'disrespectful,' the vice President of Inter is grilling the player. The fact that we have signed suggest that offer might not be on the table for too long.)

Honestly, one more CM ticks off all our boxes. Get the both of them, and, dude... just look at that squad, we're jacked! If those boys want to prove a point, I think a statement of intent will be required against Sunderland.

Saw that list. I think the lack of name in the number 3 was the best bit of news. Konch is out, and there for the taking. I think early clips suggest Benny boy may take number 14. I'm surprised Fuchs opted for number 28 though. Kante... not sure at this point in time.

Still, the 19 on Kramaric might get some getting used to, and I'm hoping that we will see Chiwell doing his best to keep up the pressure on the big boys.

Funny what a good signing does.

All it needed was for the ice to be broken. I suspect we're very close to Inler, and suddenly the Chilean is starting to feel the pressure (Bayer only increased their offer by 500k, which would be seen as 'disrespectful,' the vice President of Inter is grilling the player. The fact that we have signed suggest that offer might not be on the table for too long.)

Honestly, one more CM ticks off all our boxes. Get the both of them, and, dude... just look at that squad, we're jacked! If those boys want to prove a point, I think a statement of intent will be required against Sunderland.
To be honest, if we get Inler I think we'll be done. I've given up on the Chilean.

That leaves us with Inler, Kante, Drinkwater, King, Hammond and James (eventually). That's definitely enough to get us through until at least January.

To be honest, if we get Inler I think we'll be done. I've given up on the Chilean.

That leaves us with Inler, Kante, Drinkwater, King, Hammond and James (eventually). That's definitely enough to get us through until at least January.

Fair enough, but I won't rule anything out. Inler would be a very handy addition, his experience will be quite valuable.

Now comes the big question: Who the heck would be our first choice?

It's amazing to think how many options we have now, perfect for the Tinkerman to tinker around as he sees fit.

Fair enough, but I won't rule anything out. Inler would be a very handy addition, his experience will be quite valuable.

Now comes the big question: Who the heck would be our first choice?

It's amazing to think how many options we have now, perfect for the Tinkerman to tinker around as he sees fit.
That's a really good question. Do you know what formation we're likely to play?

That's a really good question. Do you know what formation we're likely to play?

I would say 3-4-3(one behind the two), with the option to adjust into 5-4-1 on the fly, is our bread and butter. We would still have 4-4-2 (normal and diamond) and 5-4-1 as suitable alternatives.

If we're playing a back three; Was, Wes, and Huth, with Schlupp and Albrighton as Wingbacks.
If it's a back four, De Laet, Wes, Huth, Fuchs. From my reports, Benny Boy sounds like Huth in his defence, but is aggro like Was. I get the feeling that he's more for backup purposes, but considering he's 28, I think he will replace Was.

My centre midfield duo would be King and Kante for most occasions. Inler comes to me as an option if we're going to go on the ground and will use Vardy's pace to advantage, he's got a good long game, and isn't shy to try from out far.

My centre midfield trio will be King, Kante, and Inler (I'm not considering James until he gets back to full fitness.) I'm not neglecting Drinkwater. I think he can step it up, he just needs some healthy competition and some minutes to make an impact. Hammond I would only use in case of injury.

Attacking midfielder/Holding Striker; Mahrez first, but use Nugent as an impact sub.

Strikers... Vardy and... who ever impresses the most.

Kasper
Was-Wes-Huth
Albrighton-King-Kante-Schlupp
Mahrez
Vardy-Ulloa

Schwarzer, De Laet/Benny, Inler, Drinkwater, Nugent, Kramaric, Okazaki

Dang, when you're struggling to pick players for even the bench, you know you have a really good team.

I would say 3-4-3(one behind the two), with the option to adjust into 5-4-1 on the fly, is our bread and butter. We would still have 4-4-2 (normal and diamond) and 5-4-1 as suitable alternatives.

If we're playing a back three; Was, Wes, and Huth, with Schlupp and Albrighton as Wingbacks.
If it's a back four, De Laet, Wes, Huth, Fuchs. From my reports, Benny Boy sounds like Huth in his defence, but is aggro like Was. I get the feeling that he's more for backup purposes, but considering he's 28, I think he will replace Was.

My centre midfield duo would be King and Kante for most occasions. Inler comes to me as an option if we're going to go on the ground and will use Vardy's pace to advantage, he's got a good long game, and isn't shy to try from out far.

My centre midfield trio will be King, Kante, and Inler (I'm not considering James until he gets back to full fitness.) I'm not neglecting Drinkwater. I think he can step it up, he just needs some healthy competition and some minutes to make an impact. Hammond I would only use in case of injury.

Attacking midfielder/Holding Striker; Mahrez first, but use Nugent as an impact sub.

Strikers... Vardy and... who ever impresses the most.

Kasper
Was-Wes-Huth
Albrighton-King-Kante-Schlupp
Mahrez
Vardy-Ulloa

Schwarzer, De Laet/Benny, Inler, Drinkwater, Nugent, Kramaric, Okazaki

Dang, when you're struggling to pick players for even the bench, you know you have a really good team.
3-4-3 hey?

Kasper
Was-Huth-Chilwell (I'm super keen on him :p)
Albrighton-Kante-Inler-Schlupp
Mahrez
Vardy-Ulloa

Schwarz, Benny, King, Drinkwater, Nuge, Kram, Oka.

I wanted to start Kram but I just don't have him ahead of Vardy and one of Ulloa/Okazaki needs to start.

3-4-3 hey?

Kasper
Was-Huth-Chilwell (I'm super keen on him :p)
Albrighton-Kante-Inler-Schlupp
Mahrez
Vardy-Ulloa

Schwarz, Benny, King, Drinkwater, Nuge, Kram, Oka.

I wanted to start Kram but I just don't have him ahead of Vardy and one of Ulloa/Okazaki needs to start.

Big call on Chilwell. Still only 18, so if he breaks through and can cope with the pressure of Premier League, we've got some serious gold.

Anyway, a few minor things happened yesterday, such as the club changing their club handle (LCFC, not OfficalFOXES anyway). To celebrate, they got CR on for a Q and A session (something that only happened with Nigel after the Championship winning season on radio.) The big news that was confirmed was Mahrez' contract extention to 2019 (God, he loves it here. Amazing to think we've got him in our squad!) Some other interesting tidbits include Wes Morgan will still be Captain of the club (speaking of, he just resumed training). He expects to survive as a bare minimum (While I think that's a given, that also does suggest that there doesn't seem to be any pressure to at least replicate 14th), there was no further comments on where he thinks we can finish (though you can rule out the title, he didn't list us, lol.) He does expect to improve every single year (so perhaps one step back, two step forward?) We will be giving it our all in every match, be it Villa or Chelsea, always in it to win it, so expect positive, attacking football to get those results. He also seems very pleased with our setup as well, and thinks the signings (we all know which ones) will think so too.

On another note, it seems like most of the media sources have us relegated just purely on the basis that we sacked Pearson. In fact, one source even admitted that we would be a Top 10 contender with Pearson, but will finish bottom with CR. I have no problems with that. (On the flip side, so many are tipping Villa to stay up?!) We can set ourselves up as a real surprise packet. Compared to those around us, I think we have improved a fair deal. Cambiasso is our only real loss, but even then, I think we have ourselves a ready made replacement (Cambiasso leaving was going to happen sooner or later.) I think Inler will sign on Friday afternoon UK time, though I have a sneaky suspicion it will be two.

How do you see Ulloa/Vardy/Okazaki fitting in to the lineup?

Yeah he hasn't played much/impressed much in pre season so far.

He does give us different options though. I'll still back him to pick up 10 goals for the season.

Bloke didn't do too much last pre-season either, yet we knew how that went.

Ulloa also adds that extra bit of steel in defence, always handy to have, while Okazaki has a sweater first touch (Ulloa is a bit heavy, I hate to say). As noted, I think it will be horses for courses, but we'll only know once matchday is upon us.

One thing to keep a note of is also the man behind, which is going to be between Mahrez and Nugent. That will also have some say on what the forward two will be like (Nugent + Vardy? Hell yeah). Judging from how preseason has gone, it seems that the three attackers will be very flexible in their roles, so I wouldn't rule anything out now.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HOW ABOUT THAT FOR A START TO THE SEASON?!

A NEW video is underway, as opposed to the last i posted, the preview. I need to fix the video for the Sunderland matches, having a few errors when importing it into Adobe Premiere.

it's been a while since my last video, so i thought i'd put one together with the Sunderland goals from the other day. The video posted below is just a preview to the video for the moment until i put the rest together. It's a different style to the other two videos i've put together, so this might have a mixed reaction.

Like i said, it's a preview at the moment, i'm trying to get the Sunderland match to work, but it's letting me down at the moment, so i'll try another avenue for the match.

Anyway, enjoy this for now (slight apologies).

Up the Foxes!
thumbsup.gif

HOW ABOUT THAT FOR A START TO THE SEASON?!

A NEW video is underway, as opposed to the last i posted, the preview. I need to fix the video for the Sunderland matches, having a few errors when importing it into Adobe Premiere.

it's been a while since my last video, so i thought i'd put one together with the Sunderland goals from the other day. The video posted below is just a preview to the video for the moment until i put the rest together. It's a different style to the other two videos i've put together, so this might have a mixed reaction.

Like i said, it's a preview at the moment, i'm trying to get the Sunderland match to work, but it's letting me down at the moment, so i'll try another avenue for the match.

Anyway, enjoy this for now (slight apologies).

Up the Foxes!
thumbsup.gif

Hmm, I can see where you're going with that, but I think just based on the preview alone, the title and song don't quite mix. It did seem a little too focused on Pearson's departure, especially with the lyrics... combining a little too well. What happened to the previous video?

I'm pretty sure you've got it covered, but does quite feel like a 15/16 intro video. Yes, a few negative things happened in the pre-season, but what I think we need to see is some of the exciting things, the new signings if possible (Okazakai should give us some decent material) and some Schlupp and Mahrez, maybe even some Chilwell from the preseason if you can some footage from pre-season. Certainly some Ranieri, and perhaps a quote from him. I think we need a more upbeat song, and to get into things with more gusto. We're going into the Premier League as a respectable side, and give them a visual representation why this season will be a different story.

A good season opener focuses on the new and positive in my opinion. Thanks Nigel, thanks Esteban, but we've got a new manager and players that are ready to take us even further.

What do we think of Vardy? Likely to miss any games?

Oh yes, he will be sacked on the spot, kicked out the door, and would be told to play for Sheffield. Not United or Wednesday, but FC, the first ever football club.

Nah, a fine at absolute worst. It's casual racism (politically incorrect), and to be fair, it's a debating point if Jap is even considered that bad (It does cause offense, but it seems many aren't even aware of the fact). Chink or Slit Eye would be a lot worse. It's not like the FA are on his case.

It's disappointing, but hope the lad learns his lesson (he certainly will). Unfortunately there seems to be rumours Nugent is on the way out to Boro?!

My thoughts are on discuss next week's match. I still have no idea how that's even going to go. I'm tempted to keep the same XI, unless there was something else that needed addressing. I have a suspicious feeling that West Ham might get a touch complacent after their good win to Arsenal away, but at the same time, we must be on our guard.

Sunderland at home is the match we should be winning to stay in the league. West Ham away is the sort of match that we need to win if we want to be midtable.

Oh yes, he will be sacked on the spot, kicked out the door, and would be told to play for Sheffield. Not United or Wednesday, but FC, the first ever football club.

Nah, a fine at absolute worst. It's casual racism (politically incorrect), and to be fair, it's a debating point if Jap is even considered that bad (It does cause offense, but it seems many aren't even aware of the fact). Chink or Slit Eye would be a lot worse. It's not like the FA are on his case.

It's disappointing, but hope the lad learns his lesson (he certainly will). Unfortunately there seems to be rumours Nugent is on the way out to Boro?!

My thoughts are on discuss next week's match. I still have no idea how that's even going to go. I'm tempted to keep the same XI, unless there was something else that needed addressing. I have a suspicious feeling that West Ham might get a touch complacent after their good win to Arsenal away, but at the same time, we must be on our guard.

Sunderland at home is the match we should be winning to stay in the league. West Ham away is the sort of match that we need to win if we want to be midtable.
Nuge to Boro for 4mil. I love Nuge but we have to take that!

West Ham will be a tricky game. Would be happy with a draw if I'm honest.

Nuge to Boro for 4mil. I love Nuge but we have to take that!

West Ham will be a tricky game. Would be happy with a draw if I'm honest.
I know what you mean, he's pretty much the heart of the club, just always boosts the morale around the place. But of course, he's 30, and at 4 mil, if we don't take that, his value will never be that high. It seems like Ranieri might have some other ideas for the holding striker if Mahrez is benched or injured (A good time to use Kramaric). Then again, there's rumours about Austin again. I'm not looking forward to that bit of news, but it had to happen sooner rather than later.

Mmm, a draw helps things, yes, but I think we have to really go for it. We have so much positive attacking energy, you can just feel the buzz. I want something like that against West Ham, I want to see us looking like we have taken a step forward and build confidence, making it clear that we're not relegation battlers. A draw against Tottenham I'd be happy with, but a draw against West Ham? Yeah alright, we don't have the flashiest record away to them. Satisfied, but not happy I'd say. This match is exactly the sort of challenge we need! A mere draw is not good enough, though it helps the cause.

I'm feeling 2-1, the one coming in the last 20 mins as we return to a 4-4-2 and shut down the game.

I'm not fully convinced by West Ham at this point in time, but I feel they will get better after the international break.

I want Kante in, but I can't help but feel he will only really start games after the international break, once we hopefully get our last recruits (Inler is on again, and it seems like a decision will be made sometime this week, hopefully today.)

I know what you mean, he's pretty much the heart of the club, just always boosts the morale around the place. But of course, he's 30, and at 4 mil, if we don't take that, his value will never be that high. It seems like Ranieri might have some other ideas for the holding striker if Mahrez is benched or injured (A good time to use Kramaric). Then again, there's rumours about Austin again. I'm not looking forward to that bit of news, but it had to happen sooner rather than later.

Mmm, a draw helps things, yes, but I think we have to really go for it. We have so much positive attacking energy, you can just feel the buzz. I want something like that against West Ham, I want to see us looking like we have taken a step forward and build confidence, making it clear that we're not relegation battlers. A draw against Tottenham I'd be happy with, but a draw against West Ham? Yeah alright, we don't have the flashiest record away to them. Satisfied, but not happy I'd say. This match is exactly the sort of challenge we need! A mere draw is not good enough, though it helps the cause.

I'm feeling 2-1, the one coming in the last 20 mins as we return to a 4-4-2 and shut down the game.

I'm not fully convinced by West Ham at this point in time, but I feel they will get better after the international break.

I want Kante in, but I can't help but feel he will only really start games after the international break, once we hopefully get our last recruits (Inler is on again, and it seems like a decision will be made sometime this week, hopefully today.)
Yeah looks like he's not in the plans for this season so he may as well go.

Where did you see the Austin link? That would be fantastic! For all our pressure, we do miss a real poacher. Okazaki and Vardy aren't what you'd call clinical. Can you imagine the scoreline if we teed up Austin on the weekend?!

Oh I hope we go out and play to win! I just personally would be ok with a draw. If we draw away and beat them at home, that'd be a good set of results for us.

Yeah looks like he's not in the plans for this season so he may as well go.

Where did you see the Austin link? That would be fantastic! For all our pressure, we do miss a real poacher. Okazaki and Vardy aren't what you'd call clinical. Can you imagine the scoreline if we teed up Austin on the weekend?!

Oh I hope we go out and play to win! I just personally would be ok with a draw. If we draw away and beat them at home, that'd be a good set of results for us.

It's a bit odd, because Nugent did get decent enough time in the pre-season friendlies, and if anything, he was linking up really well with Mahrez and Vardy. So the fact that Nugent is no longer considered is just a bit out the blue.

Just seen rumours with us, Palace, and Newcastle. His price has dropped to 13mil (has to be paid in full immediately, no add-on stuff). Nothing official (Then again, as of 2 days ago, it was ongoing). QPR might really want him off the books, and Austin is going to have to realise that no 'top' club is going to start him and pay that amount, unless he likes Championship football. I think Vardy might have some cheeky influence in getting him here. Yeah, we already know about his finishing, but it seems like he's got that work rate as well. Certainly the only one that really busted a gut against us. Honestly if he came here... Albrighton will be capped and will be a very wanted man along with Schlupp and Mahrez.

With that attacking line up (What we currently have), we really should be. I don't think it's too much of an exaggeration to claim that we've got a top half attack (Our lot scored 46 last season and tied 11th) We should be able to get 50+ this season. If we can avoid making silly errors at the back, then there should be no reason why we should apply that extra pressure upon the midtable. One of our biggest strengths is that we share the load around. Any of our attacking players can nab a brace. (That reminds me, Mahrez is still by himself, leading the top scorers list.)

Fair enough, 4 points out of 6 from West Ham? I suppose I can dig that. I just us to do the double over someone, preferably of note.

So our U21's finished 1-1 with United this morning. Chilwell, Benny, Ulloa all played. Haven't seen a match report yet so can't say if they did any well.

Digging the new thread name! Though it looks like we have some copy cats down Chelsea way!

Here's the report: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/u21s-report-leicester-city-1-manchester-united-1-2609148.aspx

An own goal for our goal (off a free kick won by Ulloa), and sadly, a Chilwell mistake, with Moore allowing the player to get the shot in.

The most alarming thing that has been noted is that Benny boy is exactly in the Wasyl frame, only less subtle about it. He might need to tone it down a bit for proper matches. Lawrence and Barmby were the picks.

On paper, that looks like a very good team: Maddison, Benalouane, Chilwell, McCourt (c), Elder (Ndukwu 72), Moore, Dodoo, Cain (Sesay 46), Ulloa, Lawrence, Barmby (Panayiotou 60)

However, the United team lacks no notable senior players. So the fact that we only managed a draw is quite disappointing.

Digging the new thread name! Though it looks like we have some copy cats down Chelsea way!

Here's the report: http://www.lcfc.com/news/article/u21s-report-leicester-city-1-manchester-united-1-2609148.aspx

An own goal for our goal (off a free kick won by Ulloa), and sadly, a Chilwell mistake, with Moore allowing the player to get the shot in.

The most alarming thing that has been noted is that Benny boy is exactly in the Wasyl frame, only less subtle about it. He might need to tone it down a bit for proper matches. Lawrence and Barmby were the picks.

On paper, that looks like a very good team: Maddison, Benalouane, Chilwell, McCourt (c), Elder (Ndukwu 72), Moore, Dodoo, Cain (Sesay 46), Ulloa, Lawrence, Barmby (Panayiotou 60)

However, the United team lacks no notable senior players. So the fact that we only managed a draw is quite disappointing.
Haha you like? Sneakily changed it this morning! Seems others (cough chef cough) were jealous and the trend has caught on :D

Not Chilwell :(

The United U21 is the reigning champs so I'm not sure it would have been too easy, even with our stars in there.

Haha you like? Sneakily changed it this morning! Seems others (cough chef cough) were jealous and the trend has caught on :D

Not Chilwell :(

The United U21 is the reigning champs so I'm not sure it would have been too easy, even with our stars in there.

Yes, I do! Have a like, lol. Eagle-eyed Chef! Just had to try one up us, lol.

The highlights should be up in a couple of days. That way we can judge for ourselves how bad the errors (That includes Moore as well.)

To be fair, it's a very tight league. Only 2 wins and 8 points separated them and us (13 points separated the top 10 in a 12 team league). It is disappointing though, you expect better from Ulloa, Benny, and Moore (Chiwell is still 18 and is playing U21s). Poor first touches, so much aggro, and uncomfortable in the team... sigh. Benny I think is the most disappointing one out of that lot Lawrence and Barmby did well at least (Oh hey, Man Utd young boys!)

Benny is the disappointing one. I think the fact we started Richie over him (as a centre and right back. Remembering that Benny is primarily a centre back and Richie a right back, and we did start 3-4-3,) suggests he might need some extra work to get up to speed (Should be noted Wasyl had a knock, hence wasn't even on the bench). I know I said he was the Wasyl replacement, and said he was backup at this point in time, I would've thought he would be a bit more competitive, or at least keen to reverse his reputation last season.

Ranieri was watching that match as well. We'll see what he thinks. If Wasyl is fit, I think it's possible we might not see Benny on the bench against West Ham. I think he needs to prove a lot in training, hopefully not by knocking out a teammate!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back