Lets get joel Smith

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 1, 2004
the lodge
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Essendon Bombers
Henneman, Reynolds and a draft pick should let us get this immensely talented player who we really need to bolster our weakening backline. Or he could be used in bursts on the ball. If we really wanted him,we could him, so lets trade for Joel SMith.

mattyc2422 said:
We are crap, but not stupid (much).

Smith is tradable, but not if Henneman is included.

Agreed, Smith is in our top 3, we dont want a dud like henneman in our backine. Maybe Soloman :D

What about Winderlich, Reynolds and or a pick for Smith.

If SMith's out of contract we have pleeeeenty of room thanks to Sean nottaWellman.

bomaz said:
What about Winderlich, Reynolds and or a pick for Smith.

If SMith's out of contract we have pleeeeenty of room thanks to Sean nottaWellman.

HAHAHAHAHA no thanks, Winderlich. You guys are as bad as collingwood with trades

bomaz said:
What if we chuck in Hille?

Na, we have spida a few more years. Id be happy a straight swap for Soloman, but i doubt Hawks would want to deal, only for something very tempting in return. I hope smith stays

Solomon > Smith.
Look you already took Jacobs and Beaumont, whhy not Henners, he's well re: by Sheeds.

If not:
Smith
Murphy, Hille (to back up Spida) and or a draft pick/Nathan Lovett Murray.

bomaz said:
Solomon > Smith.
Look you already took Jacobs and Beaumont, whhy not Henners, he's well re: by Sheeds.

If not:
Smith
Murphy, Hille (to back up Spida) and or a draft pick/Nathan Lovett Murray.

Na, IMO id pass on that. Dont rate Hille or Lov Murray, plus got Williams so dont need him. Murphy i rate at the moment, but he has been around for a while and has been up and down over the years. And Henneman, mate every bombers supporter has bagged the ******** outta him all year, why would we want him. Soloman, simular player, age not that much diff, win win. thats if Smith wants out, Id rather Smith.

by the sounds of it you have an alterior motive to get smith to windy hill....are you secretly in love with him or something dude??

if you think henno is leaving the club b4 he gets bald and rinkly you gots another thing comming....i still stand my my trade strong feeling

sammy hunt straight swap for david spriggs...(even tho i luv sammy, he not gonna get a go with us, and spriggs will be great for us)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

bomaz said:
Henneman, Reynolds and a draft pick should let us get this immensely talented player. If we really wanted him,we could him, so lets trade for Joel SMith.

How about you give us Laycock and maybe Teddy Richards and a draft pick for him. Heneman is not even worth Holland.

I know about that trade but I want SMith almost as much as I don't want Bolton and Reynolds, plus SMiths out of contract and wanting to leave and we need Smithy.

bomaz said:
I know about that trade but I want SMith almost as much as I don't want Bolton and Reynolds, plus SMiths out of contract and wanting to leave and we need Smithy.

How the bloody hell do you know Smith wants to leave. Has not indicated that yet.Hawks have been bloody good to him over the years, he should honour that

W's Machines said:
How about you give us Laycock and maybe Teddy Richards and a draft pick for him. Heneman is not even worth Holland.

Hows about no.
However, chuck in Everitt and remove Laycock and you've got a deal W.

Oh god... this thread is like a bad dream that keeps getting worse.

Henno? Do you really think Henno is tradable? He should just be delisted. True he has had some good and average games, but how many? Of the games he's played how many good ones has he had? Maybe one in 10 or 20? And should that keep him on the books... nope!

Someone said the other day that Henno got a game almost every week in the 2001 team, which was a preety hard team to get into!!! Perhaps true, and perhaps he was playing better footy then. The thing is, if he's been playing crap ever since why do we still have him? 2001 was 3 seasons ago and he's done nothing since. That's 1/3 of a good career.

Hawthorn are now rebuilding. Youth and draft picks thanks.

First rounder or a youngster + 2nd round.

He is definitely tradeable, but a damn good player.

Dont want Smith specially if reynolds is in the trade. He had a hard year this year but the kid can play expect him to be good next season.

Ps. tipping early henno to be essendons next fullback

Why would we want smith? We've got Welsh, McVeigh, Solomon, McPhee, Bolton, M. Johnson, Hunt... We've already got plenty of running defenders.

Would like to hang on to Reynolds. Just needs a decent run with injury, he's got plenty of talent.

bomaz said:
We'll give you J. Nash and 2nd rnd pick+ or Winderlich.

Also, Henneman = Dud < Bolton

Why would you want to trade Nash or Winderlich for Smith? Those two are part of the future of the club. What will Smith give us? Not much.

bomaz said:
If we really wanted him,we could him, so lets trade for Joel SMith.

No thanks, we need decent tall defenders not flankers. Plus he is 28 at the start of next year and we arent a joel smith away from a flag.

Stick with the kids, enough with the band-aid solutions.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back