GrandBlue

Norm Smith Medallist
May 18, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Roberto Di Matteo, a talented young manager who took charge of the Chavs when they were at their lowest point in over a decade. Not only does he get them playing excellent football, he also wins them the Champions League after being 3-1 down against Napoli at the point where he took over.

Yet despite all the success he brought to the club in such a short period of time, he gets sacked for supposedly under-performing in the Champions League (they're not even out yet). To boot, they bring in Rafa Benitez, a manager known for his horrendous negative football, a stark contrast to the silky passing football Di Matteo had Chelsea playing with, which won them plenty of games.

Is there a more idiotic club in the world than Chelsea? He brought them success, the players love him, and it looked like he was building a dynasty, yet Roman threw it all away because there's a possibility Chelsea will be knocked out in the group stages. All part of that sh*tstain of a club's culture I guess.

Suck s**t Chavs

Walrus_plays_saxophone.gif

champagne.jpg

philbrownsing595.jpg

fanscity.gif

• Banned
At what point under RDM did they play excellent football? They were incredibly boring to watch last year and even this year for all the talent they had they still weren't that exciting
Excellent and exciting are two completely different things. Give me efficient, passing football with good defensive ethic over what Argentina have been over the last few years.

Also why has me being wrong come back into fashion? I made a thread denouncing Woolwich and the Dippers in the Terrace and that didn't do anything to improve their season.

• Banned
Yet, still more successful than Spurs.
Er..
Chelsea under Benitez - 0 wins, 0 goals
Spurs since that time - 2 wins, 5 goals

Nope

There wasn't any excellent football under RDM. They made Greece at Euro 2004 look like Brazil if anything with their 10 men on the edge of the box tactics.
So exactly how did Greece win Euro 04, despite having an ordinary playing ordinary football? Again, being negative doesn't mean you're not playing efficient football, and that's what Di Matteo had the Chavs playing.

Thank goodness GB finally made a thread insulting Chelsea. Now we should storm the rest of the season!

Thank goodness GB finally made a thread insulting Chelsea. Now we should storm the rest of the season!

I just wish he'd make another one slagging us. It's worked a treat so far but I'm worried it might be wearing off.

RDM was horrible. I don't even think he gave them any instructions at all. Just let them all run wild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea are the first reigning champion to go out in the group stages but many are saying Man Cities efforts are the worst ever by an English club.

Chelsea are the first reigning champion to go out in the group stages but many are saying Man Cities efforts are the worst ever by an English club.

I'd agree there, last place in a group is pretty embarrassing, Blackburn did it back in 95-96 season but they hardly spent money in anywhere near the fashion that City did. IIRC I think United also embarrassed themselves with a last place finish in 05-06 also.

I'd agree there, last place in a group is pretty embarrassing, Blackburn did it back in 95-96 season but they hardly spent money in anywhere near the fashion that City did. IIRC I think United also embarrassed themselves with a last place finish in 05-06 also.

I'd call it a lot of things before embarrassing. No-one has a divine right to win football games.

Only just seen this GrandBlue. Rather than mouthing off on the internet why don't you come to one of the pubs showing a Chelsea game and tell Chelsea fans face to face that our club is laughable. Nobody will do anything to you because they will all be rolling around laughing. Are you one of those Ozspurs cretins who threatens Chelsea fans when they are on their own in the pub and there are more than 5 of you......but are quiet as mice when we are in the majority? Come and see us before your game on Sunday - would love to have a chat!

Only just seen this GrandBlue. Rather than mouthing off on the internet why don't you come to one of the pubs showing a Chelsea game and tell Chelsea fans face to face that our club is laughable. Nobody will do anything to you because they will all be rolling around laughing. Are you one of those Ozspurs cretins who threatens Chelsea fans when they are on their own in the pub and there are more than 5 of you......but are quiet as mice when we are in the majority? Come and see us before your game on Sunday - would love to have a chat!

Woah... We got the Football Factory in da house!

On the contrary, I am interested in peaceful, non-violent meetings between fans in this town, hence Melbourne Chelsea attending functions/screenings put on by Melbourne Celtic & Melbourne Gooners and having good relations with Melbourne Everton. Also playing match vs Melbourne Hammers soon. What I don't like is cowards threatening people because they've got their mates around them, or Internet heroes who say things online that they won't say to your face.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back