Level-Headed Discussion Round 6

Remove this Banner Ad

Really appreciated the effort we put in throughout the second and third.

A lot of awful mistakes from a number of individuals which resulted in a pathetic collapse in the last. A 10 goal loss is atrocious, but not entirely unexpected.

Didn't get to watch the game, but to be within 10 points late in the 3rd before losing Langdon and Sinclair is a fair effort. Very pleased that Cox backed up from last week. Heartened in particular with Adams and Varcoe missing.

Concerned that given the scoring shot differential we may have been flattered by being only 10 points down at that point, and the blowout in the end wasn't pretty.

We're now one step closer to acquiring a new coach and with it a game plan. So, you know, a big positive there. :thumbsu:
Oh I finally get it, so no Swan, Ramsay, Varcoe, Adams, then Langdon and Sinclair injured in last quarter ....have I missed anyone means SFA. Oh yeah I missed the fact that you think Buckley is useless now I understand

Game of two halves. The first and fourth we are probably a lock for the spoon.
The second and third quarters we are probably top four contender.
Just about everyone had there moments, both good and bad. With the exception of Brown, he was just bad.

Josh Smith - 29 disposals and played a great game for a second gamer.

Cox - much the same, improved on last week.

Treloar - 32 disposals and 10 tackles.

Greenwood - Smothered Priddis and kept him to statistically one of his worst games in a while.

When you take into consideration the location of the game, and the injury status of our list, I thought we held our own and the final score wasn't indicative of the closeness of the game, very much an arm wrestle until that slip up. Positives and negatives to take out of the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mate go and barrack for someone else. I heard St Kilda is on the way up.
This is a level headed discussion thread, you're probably after the Essendon's we've dun nothin wrong one :thumbsu:

I thought Treloar, Crisp and Pendles were good. Cox was also good again, he presents well and does the little 1 percenters which I didn't expect from him. It shows he is a quick study and should definitely retain his spot.

I thought for the most part our structures didn't hold up and West Coasts inaccuracy flattered the margin, despite it blowing out late. Having an i50 differential of -27 is also a very poor sign.

Structures and coaching is one thing(worth noting I'm not a huge wrap for our coaching panel)but the players just deciding to turn up for 1 quarter is simply abysmal.

Josh Smith - 29 disposals and played a great game for a second gamer.

Cox - much the same, improved on last week.

Treloar - 32 disposals and 10 tackles.

Greenwood - Smothered Priddis and kept him to statistically one of his worst games in a while.

When you take into consideration the location of the game, and the injury status of our list, I thought we held our own and the final score wasn't indicative of the closeness of the game, very much an arm wrestle until that slip up. Positives and negatives to take out of the game.

Agree with most barring the Greenwood part. Initial opponent was Shuey I believe, who tore him a new

About the margin I expected. Hoped we wouldn't do a Gold Coast with all their injuries but we hung in for the majority of the games.
Gotta stop losing players. It's already ridiculous.
Hope Adams and Varcoe are right to go next week and we should belt the Blues.

Was really happy with Treloar, Greenwood and Smith's performances. Defenders have a night to forget, but the middle two quarters showed a lot of promise. They just need to compose themselves a bit more when in the position of losing. It happens far too often that they let go and get blown out when they don't deserve to.

Adams back next week hopefully will be a good addition.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back