Levi!

Remove this Banner Ad

We are such a better midfield brigade with him there.

He does have that defensive edge to his game as well.

Swallow, Greenwood,Ziebell, Cunnington and Jacobs are 5 big bodied beasts who are going to wreck havoc for 5 - 8 years.

Greenwood is critical to this mix.
61210.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Its safe to say the current gameplan SUITS Levi perfectly. And we are winning. Sorry JZ I love you the most but your now our most dangerous medium forward. Levi never fitted in with what we tried to implement 12-13. I reckon Tudor loves him.
I hope so because i'd hate to see Hawthorn pounce in for peanuts and use him to replace sewell. They've had enough from us!

I'd say he fits in a tagging role. Or maybe a bullocking role that allows Jack/Ben to play a bit more time up forward, or Spitter to do some outside work, rather than bash & crash 100% of the time.

I think what makes him such a good accumulator is what makes him an unreliable tagger - his natural instinct is the hunt the footy, not an opponent. The fact he's done a couple of good jobs on Deledio and Dal in the past seems to make people think he's a tagger, but for every one of those roles you're going to get a Rich at the GABBA last season because he's not disciplined enough to focus solely on an opponent.

His current role is perfect, but when Ziebell and Swallow are back I think he'll find himself in and out again - Jack forward has merit but he's too good at stoppages to turn him into a part time mid.

Levi is a great list player though.

He was 9/10 last week, was more 7.5/10 this week, his tackling and 1%ers were a bit off but I don't think he let his opponent get into the game which was a positive.

He, more than anyone, will be reliant on not getting comfortable, his intensity and attack on the contest is his key to staying in the side.

I think even when Swallow returns I don't think we can put him under the packs, probably for the rest of the year and I think Ziebell's strength is a mix of half-forward with midfield rotation so I think Levi has the opportunity to cement his spot in the side and gives Jacobs the opportunity to work his way into the best 22, the opportunity presents itself, it is a matter of who wants it the most.

He was 9/10 last week, was more 7.5/10 this week, his tackling and 1%ers were a bit off but I don't think he let his opponent get into the game which was a positive.

He, more than anyone, will be reliant on not getting comfortable, his intensity and attack on the contest is his key to staying in the side.

I think even when Swallow returns I don't think we can put him under the packs, probably for the rest of the year and I think Ziebell's strength is a mix of half-forward with midfield rotation so I think Levi has the opportunity to cement his spot in the side and gives Jacobs the opportunity to work his way into the best 22, the opportunity presents itself, it is a matter of who wants it the most.

Couldn't agree more. If he continues playing well, how can he be dropped?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If this is true then really shows the class of Levi to stick around IMO

Probably knows he will get better offers, just needs present a better highlight reel, so many teams would love to have him.

All im saying is Swallows footskills and fitness better be in order before taking players like him out. I see greenwood as a pitbull who is hungry to fetch the ball

I've heard from someone who plays with his brother that he and Brad had a real clash in the past. Based on the fact that he's actually been getting games and mentioned in the media, I'm hoping that they've put that behind them.

I think many of us had the feeling Levi wasn't getting a fair crack despite playing well in the magoos, so that makes sense. All coaches play their favourites, which is why changing assistant coaches every few years helps shaking up subjective team selections.

I've heard from someone who plays with his brother that he and Brad had a real clash in the past. Based on the fact that he's actually been getting games and mentioned in the media, I'm hoping that they've put that behind them.

They probably clashed because he wasn't getting a game. I hope all players in the two's are pissed off that they are there.

When playing well he's such a vital part of the team. He's going to allow us to use JZ in a far more explosive manner.

Early in Brad's coaching career he would go on about what a great clubman Levi was and how he set a perfect example for all the players around him. It's strange how that's changed so drastically.

Going by the recent comments from Brad, where he spoke about how hard Levi's worked, how coachable he is, and how deserving of a spot he is, it suggests to me that rift has likely been mended..........thank F***!

Going by the recent comments from Brad, where he spoke about how hard Levi's worked, how coachable he is, and how deserving of a spot he is, it suggests to me that rift has likely been mended..........thank F***!
Yep. Talk as if Brad had it in for Levi is misguided IMO. Which is not to say they haven't clashed, more that I doubt Brad just decided to make Levi's life difficult. Brad was a massive wrap for Levi early on.

Yep. Talk as if Brad had it in for Levi is misguided IMO. Which is not to say they haven't clashed, more that I doubt Brad just decided to make Levi's life difficult. Brad was a massive wrap for Levi early on.
Levi needs to be put on the ball all the time.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back