Traded Lewis Taylor (2013-2019)

Remove this Banner Ad

Excuse me for intruding but what happened to Taylor this year? Right down in numbers compared to last?

Our inside mids weren't winning the pill. Our outside runners like Taylor didn't stand a chance. That said, his defensive efforts were very poor.

I just cant believe he hasnt gone up a gear since winning the Rising Star. He should have responded better after getting dropped the week before. I really feel for you guys as a supporter.

Hope he turns it around.

The second half of his second season was a significant improvement on his first season.

Who gives a toss? Swing the axe, Leppa

Lewy Taylor and Josh Green were part of the exciting 'Mozzie Squad' in 2014, but so far this year, there's been a lot of buzz and not much bite.

Taylor was dropped the previous week for his lack of contested ball and pressure, but managed just one tackle against the Pies.

Perhaps the most damning stat of all from the weekend was that third-gamer Ben Keays, playing the same half-forward role as Taylor, racked up a team-high 12 contested possessions.

Now there's someone who wants to play. In three games, Keays has made 19 tackles. Taylor has made 15 in seven games and Green 14 in five. And the latter pair are out-of-contract and hoping to secure big deals.

180201_77361a3f23361b5a654a26ec5236fab1.jpg

Is it really worth keeping him for that amount of money??

If he grows another 25 cms overnight, starts playing CHF, shows that he can lead in a straight line and not run in circles in F50 - sure.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Imo we need to keep the mozzie squad together....they are an integral part of our team.

I have no objections to them getting that money if they play like they have in the past.

We need them to go forward.

Lewis Taylor could leave Brisbane Lions after demanding big money to re-sign

LEWIS Taylor looks set to leave Brisbane at the end of the year.

Out of contract, the Rising Star winner has asked for $500,000 a year from the Lions.

He won’t get it.

So unless he drops his price, the Lions will have no alternative than to say goodbye and good luck.

They’re a mess Brisbane, but they’re not beggars and they’re not going to allow a player to hold them to ransom.

The Lions would be fair if Taylor played a little more fair.

Let’s start at $325,000 to $350,000 and let’s find a comfortable position.

But, no, Taylor’s opening asking price was 500k.

It’s so out of whack the Lions would probably have more respect for Taylor if he simply said he wanted out of the club.

None of this protracted to and fro rubbish and then probably announcing he and the club couldn’t come to terms.

Yes, Gold Coast’s Jaeger O’Meara has a healthy asking price, in the vicinity of $700,000-$750,000 a season, and it’s probably far too steep for a young man who has played 44 games of football.

He won the Rising Star, just as Taylor did, but he’s a potential star O’Meara.

Taylor is a good player, a smart player, but he has stalled.

You know who’s on $500,000 a year? Eddie Betts.

Lewis plays a similar position to the Adelaide matchwinner, probably plays a little higher, but Eddie is a 50-goal-a-year forward.

Lewis wowed the world in his first season, improved in his second year, but has stagnated in the third.

Just saw he signed for 3 years for $1.2mill. How do you guys feel about it?
Overs on current form IMO but we have to pay overs to keep players in QLD with Vic clubs knocking on the door…

He is a well liked member of the team but has maybe become a bit complacent. Hoping this new contract is the beginning of a form turn around starting this weekend.

Overs on current form IMO but we have to pay overs to keep players in QLD with Vic clubs knocking on the door…

He is a well liked member of the team but has maybe become a bit complacent. Hoping this new contract is the beginning of a form turn around starting this weekend.

I am still shocked you need to pay a 10 percent premium on players to stay.. Players should be happy to play AFL regardless of where they are.

I am still shocked you need to pay a 10 percent premium on players to stay.. Players should be happy to play AFL regardless of where they are.
Yeah we have to pay ~10-15% more to keep players from getting 'homesick' while not having any sort of salary cap concessions. It's a tough place to be in. I'm just glad we have some sort of academy in place to help grow QLD talent. They won't be pumping out superstars as the media will have you believe but they should at least produce some talent in the coming years.

400k would only just be over the average AFL salary now. So while probably slight overs not much, has been frustrating this year but certain parts of his game like goal kicking have improved. Needs to dramatically improve his defensive side of his game and his skills to take his game to the next level. Glad he is here ball is certainly in his court now

Remove this Banner Ad

Back