LFFL Draft discussion thread

Remove this Banner Ad

I would have thought that was clear because for example if everyone picked in the first round, then it would be like The Meerkats and myself in the next round then the next two picks would be mine which would be of been no benefit to clearing a list. FWIW I'd take Prestia over Ward (narrowly) anyway so that's not a loss.

I apologise if that wasn't clear but I would have thought by not having the guns established in your team, you would naturally pick your picks to level up (draft order). It's where the tactics come in with whether or not to carry more or less players.
I understand that now, and it makes sense. My frustration is more at myself for not being clear on what was happening.

I just got irate is all. Was thinking at worst I'd get 2nd pick. Now I find out I get 5th? Not happy Jan.

Anyway, what's the time limit, as I don't have my list with me.
It's no time limits till the second round of the actual draft. Also Schulz only averages 2.5 points less than Rough anyway, so I don't think it's a make or break, might even pick up another forward of that calibre anyway :p

I understand that now, and it makes sense. My frustration is more at myself for not being clear on what was happening.
Trust me I'm not trying to rig it, if anything I want there to be 14 teams all capable of winning the premiership. That's why I took the s**t bottom team to redraft. I'd still rather have stayed (quality wise) than go to the draft. But this way we have one more team that is stronger. I certainly wasn't expecting Pendles or Rough to be there.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I will remember to include that in the rules next year because its things like this that help uncover aspects of the game that are unclear or confusing. Helps in the long run.
I was probably in the same boat as Danoz in not understanding how it worked but then again I really didn't give it too much thought. All good.

I'm just glad I'll be able to draft my own duds this year

I was probably in the same boat as Danoz in not understanding how it worked but then again I really didn't give it too much thought. All good.

I'm just glad I'll be able to draft my own duds this year
Nah, you can't pick Furies in here ;)

Lol pie already has a better team than he otherwise would have
Lol my team did make the GF lol, not like we bottomed out. I effectively trade JJK and Beams for Rough and Ward. A slight upgrade but pretty close really, couple of points difference.

Rigged! Acts all selfless and then rips the heart out of the comp.

BTW, what happed to the poll results?
It's alright WAG I'm sure you're on track for another preliminary final ;)

Blame the coaches for letting Rough, Pendles and Ward. Big difference if it's Gunston, Wines and Miles/Sidebottom instead isn't it? :)

I asked for anyone with concerns/complaints but no-one actually had an argument against, just a preference which most said wouldn't affect them anyway.

Last edited:
It's alright WAG I'm sure you're on track for another preliminary final ;)

Blame the coaches for letting Rough, Pendles and Ward. Big difference if it's Gunston, Wines and Miles/Sidebottom instead isn't it? :)

I asked for anyone with concerns/complaints but no-one actually had an argument against, just a preference which most said wouldn't affect them anyway.
Actually both you campaigners should be bantering up in another prelim thread :angry:

I'm aiming at winning it from 9th place this year.

Oh, and the Skooks Cup!
If there's an Essendon that gets eliminated due to drug infringements, my money is on it being the Mozzie Bites. I think their coach is getting pretty desperate after failing to win a final last season.

If there's an Essendon that gets eliminated due to drug infringements, my money is on it being the Mozzie Bites. I think their coach is getting pretty desperate after failing to win a final last season.
amos is a drug fiend. He told me at about 5am last Sunday morning.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back