Speculation Liam Baker

Remove this Banner Ad

Well, you don’t have too.
You can always swim around in no man’s land for years, or you can get stuck into building your next contending team.
Of course, that will require draft picks … the kind of picks that were gifted to GWS recently.
Knowing where your list is at is crucial for all clubs …
Why would we get rid of a 26 year old vice captain though? We'd be better off trading a Dusty and/or Vlastuin who are 30+ and still have good trade value. Fair chance Jack Graham leaves as a free agent too. We already have a strong draft hand. Forcing Baker out would be a mistake.

Why would we get rid of a 26 year old vice captain though? We'd be better off trading a Dusty and/or Vlastuin who are 30+ and still have good trade value. Fair chance Jack Graham leaves as a free agent too. We already have a strong draft hand. Forcing Baker out would be a mistake.
Dusty is an unrestricted free agent this year won’t be any trading of him

He’ll just leave if he wants to

what trade value do you think you'd get for those two?

Yep. He'd still get us a decent pick

Vlastuin would get us a late 1st/early 2nd from a contender.

Martin is a 34yo UFA next season.
Vlastuin starts next season as a 31yo.
Graham will be a 27yo plodder next season.
There’s nothing coming back draft wise for those guys.
You’ve gotta give something decent to get something decent … or just swim around for years in no man’s land …

Martin is a 34yo UFA next season.
Vlastuin starts next season as a 31yo.
Graham will be a 27yo plodder next season.
There’s nothing coming back draft wise for those guys.
You’ve gotta give something decent to get something decent … or just swim around for years in no man’s land …
If Martin leaves he'll get a minimum 2 year deal worth 700k plus. We'd get something decent in return.

Cats gave up pick 30 for a 32 year old Shaun Higgins a few years ago. Vlastuin would be worth considerably more to a contender. I could see the Demons giving up their 1st pick for someone like him.

Graham probably not much, but we're not going to get rid of half a dozen senior players in one hit. Grimes is done. Not sure if McIntosh, Prestia and Pickett will get new deals. Baker won't be pushed out ahead of any of those guys.

Yep. He'd still get us a decent pick

Vlastuin would get us a late 1st/early 2nd from a contender.
Vlaustin has a bit of value but I don't think the other two get you anything.

Even so I reckon most clubs wouldn't see the Higgins deal (or your own deledio to gws) as good use of early picks, especially with Tassie's upcoming draft concessions.

TLDR: agree to disagree

Well, you don’t have too.
You can always swim around in no man’s land for years, or you can get stuck into building your next contending team.
Of course, that will require draft picks … the kind of picks that were gifted to GWS recently.
Knowing where your list is at is crucial for all clubs …

Have you seen the draft picks Richmond currently holds?

They will posibly lose a player and get more too, they likely need to trade into 2025 as they have so many later picks.

If Martin leaves he'll get a minimum 2 year deal worth 700k plus. We'd get something decent in return.

Cats gave up pick 30 for a 32 year old Shaun Higgins a few years ago. Vlastuin would be worth considerably more to a contender. I could see the Demons giving up their 1st pick for someone like him.

Graham probably not much, but we're not going to get rid of half a dozen senior players in one hit. Grimes is done. Not sure if McIntosh, Prestia and Pickett will get new deals. Baker won't be pushed out ahead of any of those guys.
Dusty has done so much for Richmond I suspect Richmond let him go to the club of his choice for next to nothing. Vlastuin won't get a 1st unless you are covering his salary.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dusty has done so much for Richmond I suspect Richmond let him go to the club of his choice for next to nothing. Vlastuin won't get a 1st unless you are covering his salary.
He won't leave for next to nothing though. He's an unrestricted free agent so he can go wherever he wants but it won't be for less than $700k per year you'd imagine. Probably more.

I'm sure we'd tip in for a better pick for any of our trades. The cap won't be an issue.

The worst trade we’ve made in recent memory.

He won't leave for next to nothing though. He's an unrestricted free agent so he can go wherever he wants but it won't be for less than $700k per year you'd imagine. Probably more.

I'm sure we'd tip in for a better pick for any of our trades. The cap won't be an issue.
I was referring to Richmonds asking price and not Dusty's wage.

Sadly I agree with many posters that we should trade him if we can get overs or top value. He is a flanker and we have plenty of them.

If we are smart and get lucky with our current draft hand, some cheeky player trades and points trading, we could easily address our rebuild in one big swoop.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could manage to have 3 picks in the first round, or even 2 picks in the top 10.

Combine that with a FA or 2 and we well on our way.

Sadly I agree with many posters that we should trade him if we can get overs or top value. He is a flanker and we have plenty of them.

If we are smart and get lucky with our current draft hand, some cheeky player trades and points trading, we could easily address our rebuild in one big swoop.

Its not beyond the realms of possibility that we could manage to have 3 picks in the first round, or even 2 picks in the top 10.

Combine that with a FA or 2 and we well on our way.
You need to go hard at the draft after sitting out for 2 years to get Taranto and Hopper and before Tassie come in.

I think he definitely leaves Richmond with Richmond pretty on board with getting some more draft capital in the door. If it's to WA, I dont think WC makes any sense given where they are going to be at and I expect Freo fans to be obnoxious about not wanting him in here and not wanting to give up probably the Port pick (late first) for him. Maybe he stays in Vic though

I think he definitely leaves Richmond with Richmond pretty on board with getting some more draft capital in the door. If it's to WA, I dont think WC makes any sense given where they are going to be at and I expect Freo fans to be obnoxious about not wanting him in here and not wanting to give up probably the Port pick (late first) for him. Maybe he stays in Vic though
He is a better player than Schulz traded to the pies for a hefty price, that is a good starting point.

He is a better player than Schulz traded to the pies for a hefty price, that is a good starting point.
Out of contract feels enough to make up any difference in value. Schultz has started terribly but was a pretty good player for us. Later teens pick feels pretty fair to be the majority bulk of the deal I'd think

Out of contract feels enough to make up any difference in value. Schultz has started terribly but was a pretty good player for us. Later teens pick feels pretty fair to be the majority bulk of the deal I'd think
I think most would agree with you there. Pick 14 with a pick or 2 each way allowance would be bang on IMO.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back