Line-up V Crows

Remove this Banner Ad

JP83

Senior List
Feb 23, 2004
adelaide
Other Teams
P.A.F.C
Who comes in for Surjan? Thats probably the only question for selectors this week.
You would think Poulton would be the one, but other options are Thomson and Eckermann. I dont think Ezard play on the weekend, so you wouldnt think he would come in.
Thomson played well for sturt, but he is an in and under player and we need runners.
I thought the 3 ruckmen worked superbly on saturday night. All 3 contributed and gave us a clear advantage.
Damon White was fantastic. The thing that impressed me most was his physical presence, which Toby hasnt provided. If he can continue this, along with Tredders and Primus up forward things certainly look good.
In defence it will be interesting. Bishop and S.Burgoyne are our normal match-ups for Welsh and Hentschel,so we will have to find someone new there. Id go with Pettigrew on Hentschel, Wakelin on Stevens, Cornes on Perrie and Montgomery on Welsh.
In the Midfield i think Cassissi will run with Mcleod and if Cochrane is going to play he may as well run with Riccuito.
The forecast is for temperature in the loew 30's, but with a change expected.

My 22

Walsh Wakelin Pettigrew
Monty Cornes Kingsley
Cassissi Cornes Shattock
Ebert Tredrea Dew
Primus White Wanganeen
Brogan,Francou, James

Poulton, Lade, Cochrane, Chaplin

It'll be same old story versus the Crows as to what we have to do. ie. shut down their midfield. Even when our midfield has been decimated/flogged we've still had the likes of Tredrea and Lade able to stamp themselves up forward.

Our midfield options are decidely lacking for at least another couple of weeks and despite all their flaws forward (and to a much lesser extent back), the Crows still have one of the best midfields in the AFL. It gave us a good pasting the first showdown last year, with their non-functioning forward line of the time. With us even more depleted then we were in last years first showdown it's certainly not a game I'll be taking for granted. If both sides had their best 22 out there, sure a 5 - 10 goal win by us - that isn't going to happen though.

After the games on the weekend I'd be looking to match up as follow :

Cassisi on McLeod
K. Cornes on Ricciuto

Wakelin on Perrie
C. Cornes on Biglands or Hentschel

We'll have a big advantage if Clarke is still out. He's useless as **** on a bull around the ground, but always slams the ball down Ricciuto's throat too many times for our liking every showdown, for easy centre clearances.

Poulton and Symes are the most likley replacements.

On one hand I want Poults to play because he is a favourite and I want him to reach that 100 game mark.

On the other hand I would love to see Symesy get a go.

symes better suited at the moment to concentrating on developing his game to the stage where he can dominate the SANFL.
I still beleive in that it is best if someone has to earn a game, it tends to build character.

Not confident this week. Our forward line will really have to fire if we are to win. The match ups will decide who comes i for Surjan. If Choco is looking for an out and out defender, then Poults will get the nod. He may though want a smaller running defender, that could slpi into the midfield for a few short bursts. In that case it would be out of SYmes and Thompson. I would really like to see Thomo get a game. Looks the goods on the training track and played well by all reports on Friday night.

missionpossible said:
symes better suited at the moment to concentrating on developing his game to the stage where he can dominate the SANFL.
I still beleive in that it is best if someone has to earn a game, it tends to build character.
Unfortunately we've gone past the stage of being able to be picky when we put players in.

PowerKop said:
Not confident this week. Our forward line will really have to fire if we are to win. The match ups will decide who comes i for Surjan. If Choco is looking for an out and out defender, then Poults will get the nod. He may though want a smaller running defender, that could slpi into the midfield for a few short bursts. In that case it would be out of SYmes and Thompson. I would really like to see Thomo get a game. Looks the goods on the training track and played well by all reports on Friday night.

I take it that you will be selecting Adelaide in your footy tips then. :D

I think we are really missing Wilbur.
Definately one of the most under-rated AFL players.

No Bish this week, apart from Wilbur and the addition of Surjan and Bishop it's pretty much the same list they gave us last week

Wilson (shoulders) - test
P.Burgoyne (suspension) - 1 week
Salopek (leg) - 1 week
Bishop (hamstring) - 2 weeks
Thurstans (ankle) - 2 weeks
Pickett (suspension) - 3 weeks
Surjan (ankle) - 3 weeks
Mahoney (knee) - 4 weeks
S.Burgoyne (knee) - 4-6 weeks

If he is fit then Wilbur should come straight back in no doubt. There is no point rushing him back if not 100% fit it could have a detrimental affect on the remainder of his season. Am very surprised that he has been declared a chance this week but I do remember some talk that round 3 was gonna be a comeback target a few months agao. Seems they were spot on.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back