News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Apr 11, 2002
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Iggles, Georgia.
EXCLUSIVE: THE BRISBANE Lions’ board has been split by a powerful faction, led by Leigh Matthews, who aim to topple under-siege chairman Angus Johnson.
Directors Paul Williams, Mick Power and Matthews are running a ticket to challenge the board.
The trio are backed by a group of Lions powerbrokers who are aiming to seize control of the embattled club and have vowed to make a new approach to Swans 2005 premiership coach Paul Roos and triple-premiership coach Matthews.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/a...bane-lions-board/story-fni5f4q3-1226701178206

Was just on SEN talking about the cricket and spent a fair amount of time before he signed off speaking about move to spill the board with Leigh Matthews directly involved, Matthews apparently furious with the way they handled the Voss sacking.

The Herald Sun should be running some stories on it soon.

This is huge. Honestly if the Essendon story wasn't so huge we'd be the laughing stock of the league right now. It's good to see some factions showing some spine when it counts but I just can't believe it's come to this.

Kudos to Matthews for sticking up for a club he helped make great. I hope more past figures follow his lead.

"A group of influential former sponsors and directors...."

Anyone care to speculate names?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"and Directors?"

Um, we're not talking Tony Kelly are we. Perhaps Graeme Downie?

Holmes supposedly in the firing line too..............get 'em all boys. This is awesome, don't know why I'm so pumped. Maybe it's the return of the great man Matthews. Maybe it's the recognition that we are a powerful club with great people and that we need to be back where we belong. At the top!

I'm so excited I am shaking.

Albeit I have had two double shot coffees this morning.

This puts Roos right back in the frame.

Get ready to vote guys, Democracy... Coming soon to a football team near you.

I'm so excited I am shaking.

Albeit I have had two double shot coffees this morning.

This puts Roos right back in the frame.

Get ready to vote guys, democracy is coming to a football team near you real soon.

Will there be a bigger landslide differential if it gets to a vote :eek:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back