Review Round 9, 2024 - Adelaide vs. Brisbane Lions

Who were your five best players against Adelaide?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sadly the same old things haunting us. Can say in win loss or DRAW now too.

I don't know what to say. There's almost too much to say, both good & bad.

Looking at it holistically with so many players out, playing away at AO against a Crows side who knocked off Port, it's not the worst result of the season. No idea how we haven't scrubbed it over for a point at the end there. Alas.

How good was Shadeau Brain though when he came on, really was a point of difference. The kids have looked good, that's the most promising part. Some of the older statesmen though, need to pull a finger out.

Undoubtedly a frustrating game

3 Goals up and we just let them go bang bang bang

Berry was good, Brain with his second touch did well after a pretty harsh htb on him for his first

oh well...
That’s the season done in terms of playing finals. Just had to win and again crapped the bed when it mattered. As good as a loss. Karma for naming a debutante as sub as said before the game.

Whilst we did well to peg it back after going behind, we should never have let it get that far after getting 3 goals ahead with only 12 minutes to go.

I still don’t understand for a team as experienced as ours how we are always so bad in those situations. It’s like trying to lock things up at the end of quarters. We have never been real good at it even when we were contending.

In terms of the players I would’ve had Harris, Berry and Cal as in our bests. Probably raffle the rest. McKenna is probably lucky we have so many injuries now. And Cam and Eric are probably lucky this board has just come to accept those types of games from them.

Edit. Forgot Payne. He was huge today. Few skill errors but that’s just him but defensively he was good on a tough opponent.

Back