Live music at the footy - Who actually likes it?

Remove this Banner Ad

Agree with OP.

Generally like to chat about what's going on in the game between quarters. Can't do that when the music is too loud.

I'm with tigs2010. I'd take live music before the game begins over 'rev ups' from some pelican on the PA system and then some dreadful **** rock in the style of triple m, played too loud to have a conversation. Even if the live band sucks, at least it's over quickly, and it gives some young music acts a gig. They might even be good (unless A Demetriou has a hand in selection).
During the game, though, either you're with people and you want to chat with them, or you're on your own and you have a record or a radio or your own music to listen to. Give us a chance to connect with each other!

I saw a rock of ages live performance before the dogs vs tigers last year, I really liked it.

I generally don't have a problem with it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A NO from me. I like to talk to a mate about the game during the breaks. It's hard to do that with piercingly loud noise that the AFL/stadium admin seem to think fans enjoy.

I love live music, and good on the afl for giving it a go, but it doesn't work. The space is way too big, acoustics are appalling, and literally nobody in the audience gives a s**t

I'd rather just go to the mcg and watch footy, then head out to the old bar or the tote
to see some music

If a good band that people actually know of sing one song in the pre-game that would be perfect. For example, if BlueJuice just sang 'Act Yr Age' tonight like half an hour before the bounce, I honestly couldn't see the problem with that.

Too loud? Gee you must sit close. I can't hear it.

The thing that gives me the shits is them playing the same music in between quarters each week. It's been happening for at least four years. For **** sakes AFL get with the times or don't play music at all.

facebook-dislike-button.png

Most of the bands they get are s**t, although Jon Stevens the other week was good. Last night's band was a cover band I believe, why the hell would you get a cover band at the 'G? :rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back