Liverpool vs Tottenham

Remove this Banner Ad

Originally posted by Slax
I want to know who you guys can give Owen votes because he did stuff all for most of the match.

Slax,

I thought Owen was creative up front, creating a good chance for Diao who shot just wide in the first half and then winning an important late penalty which he converted. Michael Owen was also involved quite a bit in the general play during the match and therefore deserved some votes in my opinion.

Go Reds!!
SeinDude

Well, my first game as a Tottenham man.

I was impressed. I thought we were lazy on the ball in the middle third of the ground especially in the first half. Teddy was ordinary, Carr was good.

Going forward we were suspect, but Poyets two chances, Richards goal, the non handball call, and Keane and Teddy making a meal of a ball in the box probably indicates otherwise.

Liverpool were ordinary. Diao was good, Murphy's goal was a gem, and anyone who thought Owen was good is silly. Great run to earn the penalty, but his first touch was sh1t all game.

I think Diouf needs to have more chances to run at defenders than he is currently presented with.

Is Gerrard the best player in the EPL ATM?

Originally posted by hilly

First game back from injury, thankfully Diao impressed in midfield

I think you misunderstand Hilly.

I think he is. I was just wondering whether or not I was the only one.

I thought we played pretty well, deserving at least a point.

Very one-sided. Neither Bunji and Poyet would be playing on the left in an ideal world, and for the amount of ball we played down the right, I didn't think Davies did enough. Carr was very good.

Teddy did a sensational impersonation of someone who wasn't there. Very disappointing.

With Ziege back, we're likely to have a bit more width and menace on the left, but if Etherington isn't the answer on the left, then we need to find ourselves a left winger, or switch back to 3-5-2 with Ziege and Carr as the wing backs.

Originally posted by Mocca
I thought we played pretty well, deserving at least a point.

Very one-sided. Neither Bunji and Poyet would be playing on the left in an ideal world, and for the amount of ball we played down the right, I didn't think Davies did enough. Carr was very good.

Teddy did a sensational impersonation of someone who wasn't there. Very disappointing.

With Ziege back, we're likely to have a bit more width and menace on the left, but if Etherington isn't the answer on the left, then we need to find ourselves a left winger, or switch back to 3-5-2 with Ziege and Carr as the wing backs.

I quite liked Bunji's work - very dainty as a commentator said at one stage. I thought Ziege was the player we missed - and when he's back I can see a 3-5-2 exactly as you suggest. I've quite liked Etherington though, so maybe he can cement a place.

Teddy was strangely quiet - I fear he and Sir Les are on their last legs and it's really an indictment on Rebrov and Iverson that they're still out there.

The only fear I have about Sir Glenn's work is that we mustn't end up with a side that plays pretty football without enough punch up forward (I thought both Chelsea and England tended to play that way a bit under him). Big fan of Keane up front though - lively all the time, even when it's not falling right.

5. Didi Hamann (The rock in midfeild)
4. Sami Hyppia
3. Salif Diao (Impressive again)
2. Danny Murphy (good performance - class goal)
1. Jerzy Dudek (Poyet save kept us in the match)

It was out of Dudek and Owen for the last vote. Owen won us the game in the end but hadn't dudek kept us in it, Owen wouldnt have had that oppertunity.

Go the Pool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Lets show Valencia a thiing or two.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back