Apr 5, 2015
keilor
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Buffalo Bills, Boston Red Sox
Hi all

Hoping someone may be able to help me or point me in the right direction

Over the past 4-5 years I've been receiving harassing and abusive emails. Always sent from a made up email address etc
Police have said they cant do anything because its not of a threatening nature

Last week they sent one through my works website , they've been able to give me the IP address but I don't know where to go from here as I'm not overly tech savy

Ideally I would like to be able to get a name or address of the holder , to get them to stop
Is that possible ?

Any thoughts or ideas,would be much appreciated

Cheers

Hi all

Over the past 4-5 years I've been receiving harassing and abusive emails. Always sent from a made up email address etc

Last week they sent one through my works website , they've been able to give me the IP address but I don't know where to go from here as I'm not overly tech savy

Ideally I would like to be able to get a name or address of the holder , to get them to stop
Is that possible ?

Cheers
the ip you need should be in the email header under "received from". do an ip lookup on that address and see what it yields. from there you would have to contact the isp/service provider that you find in the lookup.

seriously, just block the address and be done with it.

Hi,
Here another resources to get more information about the IP.
http://www.geoiptool.de

But basically I'm not sure that it can help, if the mail is sent from gmail.com, yahoo, hotmail etc... account you can easily contact the provider and explain your situation, if it's sent from a fancy server with an unknown domain name, that always change there's a chance that you'll not be able to have more information.
It will only told you about where are the servers that the mail was sent from but will not help you about where the guy or girl who send you the mail live (except if she/he is extremely stupid and send mail from a home made server in his/her house).
Did you tried to reply to have more information you can try to discuss and sent him to a webpage that you can make, that can catch more information about his device and real IP address...

Hi all

Is that possible ?

Cheers

Post the email header

Thanks all

Our IT guy at work was able to track the location for me , as well Ares( thanks !)

Basically I contacted them and due to legal reasons they wouldnt confirm or deny it was one of there employees
My boss also contacted them and threatened action if we received another one

Haven't had one since so hopefully that did the trick

Its not the employee that is liable. Its the company that owns the domain.
As soon as the company receives the letter theyll cease what multiple employees have been doing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back