Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Played with Reece at W.Hills in 2006, got a good pair of hands and takes a strong pack mark when his mind and confidence is right and moves pretty swiftly for a big bloke.
Chf is his best position i believe, can pinch hit in the ruck if needed due to his height(6'4-6'5) but a more than a handy forward especially in LV and a good kid to have around the club.

Sounds handy :thumbsu:

no one from marong has ever mentioned winning a flag unlike you did so i wouldnt go comparing what anyone from marong said compared too what you said

jhirdy wat ash grant is saying is exactly right. earlier on marong were talking up about them winning the flag! so dont hav a go at ash grant for saying that newbridge have a chance! :mad:

Again for yet another moron. I am not associated or nor have I ever been associated with the Newbridge football club. Although my screen name is of a player formally from Newbridge I have that screen name merely as a joke.

So with that said I state once again that Newbridge are a chance to win the flag this year. Just like every other club in the league. They have a better chance then some clubs but maybe not as good as Calivil and one or two others.

Is that talking up Newbridge. NO MORONS. Simple statements are often mis-understood by simple minds. Good day to you.

you sound like your from newbridge, carrying on like a little sook which all forumites know is the newbridge way.

jhirdy wat ash grant is saying is exactly right. earlier on marong were talking up about them winning the flag! so dont hav a go at ash grant for saying that newbridge have a chance! :mad:

no one from marong ever said theyll win the flag, if you look through earlier threads and read them properly you might realise that. they talked up the club, its a great club, but no one ever said marong will win the flag.

Again for yet another moron. I am not associated or nor have I ever been associated with the Newbridge football club. Although my screen name is of a player formally from Newbridge I have that screen name merely as a joke.

So with that said I state once again that Newbridge are a chance to win the flag this year. Just like every other club in the league. They have a better chance then some clubs but maybe not as good as Calivil and one or two others.

Is that talking up Newbridge. NO MORONS. Simple statements are often mis-understood by simple minds. Good day to you.

i think we know who the moron is

Wrong Phar_lap. Marong talked themselves up to play finals - not win the flag. Even then we copped a hiding from a few for being this optimistic.

Good to see Franks back and dishing it out aswell. Seems to be a few angry little souls on here at the moment.

Wrong Phar_lap. Marong talked themselves up to play finals - not win the flag. Even then we copped a hiding from a few for being this optimistic.

Good to see Franks back and dishing it out aswell. Seems to be a few angry little souls on here at the moment.

The panthers seem to have recruited quite well which is a good thing for the league, from all reports Calivil aren't far away from securing the signatures of 3 or 4 top line players from the BFL, which is only going to make them stronger.

The panthers seem to have recruited quite well which is a good thing for the league, from all reports Calivil aren't far away from securing the signatures of 3 or 4 top line players from the BFL, which is only going to make them stronger.

I really doubt that 3 or 4 top line BFL players would be Calivil bound. They are known to be resonably tight with the cookies haven't been able to attract a coach the past few seasons and they celebrate Premierships like home and away wins.

I really doubt that 3 or 4 top line BFL players would be Calivil bound. They are known to be resonably tight with the cookies haven't been able to attract a coach the past few seasons and they celebrate Premierships like home and away wins.

a fair question to ask. My mail is Calivil and Andy Fremantle treated 2007 as a year to play kids in the seniors not really expecting to win the flag (which newbridge appeared to have a mortgage on for most of 2007) but rather leave the club in good shape going forward so they didn't actively recruit a lot of paid players. The kids they played turned out to be good players (eg Matt Smith) and they managed to win the flag. 2008 is going to be an all out assault on winning the flag which is why i believe they have actively sort out and been able to sign 3 - 4 bona fide guns from Bendigo.

Time will tell.

Surely there are still a few quality footballers out there who play for success rather than money. If this is the case, where better to go than Calivil? If they are so tight, I guess it goes to show that loyalty still plays a part in country football. Despite all the money spent by the last 5 LVFL runners' up, Calivil have still managed to come out on top. Maybe they simply don't need to spend the money.

As far as a coach goes, it's not a gig I'd like to take on. A new coach would be on a hiding to nothing. Who would want to be at the helm when Calivil eventually miss out on a flag?

After winning the last five senior and 11 of the last 15 LVFL flags on offer, one could forgive the Calivil guys for toning down their celebrations.

Surely there are still a few quality footballers out there who play for success rather than money. If this is the case, where better to go than Calivil? If they are so tight, I guess it goes to show that loyalty still plays a part in country football. Despite all the money spent by the last 5 LVFL runners' up, Calivil have still managed to come out on top. Maybe they simply don't need to spend the money.

As far as a coach goes, it's not a gig I'd like to take on. A new coach would be on a hiding to nothing. Who would want to be at the helm when Calivil eventually miss out on a flag?

After winning the last five senior and 11 of the last 15 LVFL flags on offer, one could forgive the Calivil guys for toning down their celebrations.

excellent post making excellent points.

a fair question to ask. My mail is Calivil and Andy Fremantle treated 2007 as a year to play kids in the seniors not really expecting to win the flag (which newbridge appeared to have a mortgage on for most of 2007) but rather leave the club in good shape going forward so they didn't actively recruit a lot of paid players. The kids they played turned out to be good players (eg Matt Smith) and they managed to win the flag. 2008 is going to be an all out assault on winning the flag which is why i believe they have actively sort out and been able to sign 3 - 4 bona fide guns from Bendigo.

Time will tell.

How many young blokes did they end up playing out there Frank? Everyone knows about how good of a find Matt Smith turned out to be but I can't recall any other young players being blooded. I think Andy trotted out that line early in the piece but as we saw from the Grand Final side it was the same blokes from the last 5 years. I think Andy's eyes started to light up when he realised how close he was getting to the 5 peat. Nice position to be in but I have heard on the grapevine that a few of the younger kids were a little disappointed on not getting the opportunities to play senior football that were promised to them early on in the year.

How tough it must be to coach at Calivil!;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many young blokes did they end up playing out there Frank? Everyone knows about how good of a find Matt Smith turned out to be but I can't recall any other young players being blooded. I think Andy trotted out that line early in the piece but as we saw from the Grand Final side it was the same blokes from the last 5 years. I think Andy's eyes started to light up when he realised how close he was getting to the 5 peat. Nice position to be in but I have heard on the grapevine that a few of the younger kids were a little disappointed on not getting the opportunities to play senior football that were promised to them early on in the year.

How tough it must be to coach at Calivil!;)

I reckon at least 6 kids would have played senior footy for the first time out there last year under the age of 19. I agree the youth policy line gets thrown around by sides that are usually going to struggle but i think Calivil were genuine in their belief the only way forward as a club was to play the kids and find out where they were at with their footy, regardless of if they were in the best 21 players. Come finals time i don't think anyone in their right mind would play anything but the best 21 which is why the kids probably got the flick for more seasoned footballers.

Any names for us Frank?

You sound like you're from Newbridge, carrying on like a little sook which all forumites know is the Newbridge way.

I must have hit a nerve there Frank. I'm not from Newbridge like I stated earlier. There is no club in the league that I am or have ever been directly tied to. Just a fan of local footy which I see as often as I can. I wouldn't even say I have a favourite club.

Sorry about getting you all hot and bothered. That goes for jhirdy as well. Seems I hit a nerve there also. You both seem a couple of cans short in the come back stacks but I won't rub it in too much.

I fixed your spelling and grammar.

I must have hit a nerve there Frank. I'm not from Newbridge like I stated earlier. There is no club in the league that I am or have ever been directly tied to. Just a fan of local footy which I see as often as I can. I wouldn't even say I have a favourite club.

Sorry about getting you all hot and bothered. That goes for jhirdy as well. Seems I hit a nerve there also. You both seem a couple of cans short in the come back stacks but I won't rub it in too much.

I fixed your spelling and grammar.

Whatever you reckon:thumbsdown:

Instead of everyone b*itching like girls, let's get this forum back on track...I'll start.

It looks like the Marong bandwagon is starting to gather momentum.

10 players have already lodged clearances to them...6 from Elmore including Rout.

We are starting to get some rumours confirmed.

I was more coming from the point of view that if they are top line BFL players they are more than likely to already be on attractive remuneration so why would they start travelling 50 minutes to get less in a club than has already won 5 straight flags.

Well done to Calivil for what they have been able to achieve but they are going to find it harder and harder to recruit until they don't win one again.

Instead of everyone b*itching like girls, let's get this forum back on track...I'll start.

10 players have already lodged clearances to them...6 from Elmore including Rout.

The Jones boy from White Hills is gonna be a fairly handy pick up for them. The youngster's got a leap on him like a startled Gazelle.

Fantom:thumbsu:

Expect another 2 from Elmore to Marong today.

well, just back from a 4 week break, up sunny goldcoast ha ha, good to see marong signing a few and good to see lakey moving on, will make a few forwards happier this year, still no mention from miti with new players, keeping very quite.someone got any news on them, and who are these boys going to calivil.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back