Lodden Valley Football League

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ben Tuohey that played at Colbo years ago? Very handy player when fit if this is him.

yeah thats him showed a bit in the 2s last week.

my tips this week in a very even round. all should be great games:

marong
miti by 2 goals
inglewood by 3 goals
bridgewater by 10 pts

They have done it for 6 months, and has taken them since about 1989 to realise that the approach they have taken is better in the long term and better for the club. Well done to them for biting the bullet, they have appointed the right bloke to coach a local who has the club and the community's best interest at heart. If you look at the appointments throughout the league this year it is a similar story

Newbridge - Scott Pigdon premiership player at Newbridge

YCW - Matt Keating premiership player at YCW family history at club

Marong - Brett Rogers family deeply entrentched at the club

Calivil - Andy Fremantle won a million premierships at the club family history at club

Inglewood - Daryl Billett played over 250 games with Inglewood including '86 premiership.

Where is all the coin coming from? Aren't we supposed to have some sort of salary cap? Has this been scrapped because it's been put in the too hard basket for our league. If you have to buy a premiership you club's crazy. Stick with the faithfull & the kids. They are the ones who will be around a lot longer than the "one year wonders" who pick up their coin the pi$$ off & don't give a crap about the club.
I would be very suprised if either were being paid! I know tuohey has never been paid at any club!

calivil 13 goal winners today over miti. i saw the match today, the way calivil moved the ball and presured miti gave them no chance. Miti looked slow out there, no-one was willing to chase and unless being ran directly at wouldn't have a fair crack at tackling. wixy played on a wing but could only ever be found up forward. Miti won most ruck contests but are very predictable with where they are going to put it.
Also just a quick comment, Sam Mildren (newbridge) is a far more dangerouse player then shevlin up forward for the maroons. in my opinion presents better then what haythorp does for miti, makes it extremely hard for a backman to stick with him on the ground and in the air.

Inglewood 3 and 4 now, what are their chances against Newbridge after the break? Maroons haven't been travelling that well. The big forwards have generally had a good time against Inglewood, will Shevvy get enough feed? (I'm talking football, as we all know he gets more than his fair share at the dinner table)

Inglewood 3 and 4 now, what are their chances against Newbridge after the break? Maroons haven't been travelling that well. The big forwards have generally had a good time against Inglewood, will Shevvy get enough feed? (I'm talking football, as we all know he gets more than his fair share at the dinner table)
i am with you 'the gun recruit', was at the pub saturday nite, and was listening to a small group of Newbridge boys baggie out there own full forward. They arent impressed with his efforts so far, can the big fella turn some tricks in the second half of the season, or is he headed for the bench, or maybe even the two's. These blokes expressed the opinion that he should go back to the two's and learn how to kick a bag of goals then come back to seniors. Who else has had a noticeable drop in form this year compared to last year?

Good news for pyramid, with the signiture of jason charles..will add some experience and a bigger body around the footy which could be handy come the business end of the season!!

Round 9 looks to be a good one with the top 6 sides playing each other. Even at the 1/2 way mark, it's still too tough to determine not only who will make the finals but in what order they will finish.

After getting a few injured players back last week, Marong will lose Freddo with a broken toe and Dallas Pedretti with a broken hand for the clash with Pyramid this week.

Round 9 looks to be a good one with the top 6 sides playing each other. Even at the 1/2 way mark, it's still too tough to determine not only who will make the finals but in what order they will finish.

After getting a few injured players back last week, Marong will lose Freddo with a broken toe and Dallas Pedretti with a broken hand for the clash with Pyramid this week.

This will give Freddo the chance to see what it looks like from the sidelines as a coach, it will make him a better coach, we grow from experience. With or without Freddo i think Pyramid would win, but i look forward to an upset. ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

who cares.its loddon valley u15 and u17 interleague.

talking to a junior coach the other day and happened to ask him about it, he said each club has been asked to put through 5 names for each age group and they wont be training the way i understood it... can't c it working out and been a sucessful way to do it cos no doubt ycw coach will be appointed and the kids up north way wont get a go.. need a better way i believe.. anyone got any idea's seeming the juniors does matter in country leagues cos they r the future.. u can recruit all ya want but cant beat local talent just look at calival in the past 5 years..

talking to a junior coach the other day and happened to ask him about it, he said each club has been asked to put through 5 names for each age group and they wont be training the way i understood it... can't c it working out and been a sucessful way to do it cos no doubt ycw coach will be appointed and the kids up north way wont get a go.. need a better way i believe.. anyone got any idea's seeming the juniors does matter in country leagues cos they r the future.. u can recruit all ya want but cant beat local talent just look at calival in the past 5 years..

Why would the YC jun coach automatically get the gig. Are there others interested? Surely there is something called diplomacy in our league.

Why would the YC jun coach automatically get the gig. Are there others interested? Surely there is something called diplomacy in our league.

Maybe the yc coach doesn't want the gig this year.....Maybe the selection process that skloddon_8 mentioned, is because they haven't had any coach applicants...

Maybe the yc coach doesn't want the gig this year.....Maybe the selection process that skloddon_8 mentioned, is because they haven't had any coach applicants...
To select a interleague side would nt you need to have a selection committee or panel, 3 blokes from different clubs that are willing to represent the league and their club in forming the best possible team. Why wouldnt the kids from out of town get a go, their good enough?

To select a interleague side would nt you need to have a selection committee or panel, 3 blokes from different clubs that are willing to represent the league and their club in forming the best possible team. Why wouldnt the kids from out of town get a go, their good enough?

How about naming the kids that you believe haven't been given a fair go in recent years.........Each club has had a fair representation in recent years....last years coach even contacted Inglewood directly to ensure that Inglewood was represented.

AND............it's a struggle for the lvfl to find a coach, let alone a selection committee...........yeh a selection committee would be good........but how about working on getting a coach and manager first....

Too many people have great suggestions, but sit on their butt and want others to do the work...........clubs and leagues are only as good as those that are prepared to do the work for no $$$.

How about naming the kids that you believe haven't been given a fair go in recent years.........Each club has had a fair representation in recent years....last years coach even contacted Inglewood directly to ensure that Inglewood was represented.

AND............it's a struggle for the lvfl to find a coach, let alone a selection committee...........yeh a selection committee would be good........but how about working on getting a coach and manager first....

Too many people have great suggestions, but sit on their butt and want others to do the work...........clubs and leagues are only as good as those that are prepared to do the work for no $$$.

yeh they might get in the team but you've got good on ballers playing full back and on the bench.. Scott Mann 1 of the leagues best young players was put to full back last year in the 1st game.. his opponent didn't get a kick but still never given a go up the ground.. the other hill kid played back pocket and of the bench.. lachy frankel a talented highly skilled kid from marong now playing 1's bearly had a run just cos the ycw coach had no idea who they were.. there has been atleast 1 coach put his hand up to coach...

Some big games tomorrow whats everyones tips?

see the Greg gady interview on www.[URL blocked] interesting read.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back