Cars & Transportation Log book servicing Getz SX 90 000Km - Price

Remove this Banner Ad

I used to own a Hyundai Elantra about 6 or 7 years ago and got the 90k service done and it cost close to $1000, this was at a dealership. The car broke down a month later and swore I would never go near Hyundai again.

Belt by the looks of it, they wouldn't be that hard by the Looks of it, $140 for a belt kit, if you have anyone with a bit of mechanical know how can be easily done.
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2132029
But hey offer them a grand less and see how you go.
The car salesman is already saying he can get the 90 000 Km service done for $400 with his trade discounts. I don't really want to get a car that has been had excessively cheap parts put in. Not sure if the getz needs special coolant or anything like that. I remember with a ford festiva I was told that cheap coolant could lead to corrosion of the engine.

I would be inclined to offer $500 less then get the $650 service at Kmart. I am paying a little more but I trust Kmart more than a second hand car dealer.

The car salesman is already saying he can get the 90 000 Km service done for $400 with his trade discounts. I don't really want to get a car that has been had excessively cheap parts put in. Not sure if the getz needs special coolant or anything like that. I remember with a ford festiva I was told that cheap coolant could lead to corrosion of the engine.

I would be inclined to offer $500 less then get the $650 service at Kmart. I am paying a little more but I trust Kmart more than a second hand car dealer.
Yeah sounds like a good idea, for some reason cars ales people don't instill me with a lot of confidence.

Dealer service is expensive because of genuine parts. The belt alone is probably 100. I think the labour time is around 4 hours so 600 for that. Other parts make up the rest.

I would probably do it for about 500

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Dealer service also doesn't mean good mechanics are working on it. I found this out the hard way. Like above I paid over $900 for this service with timing belts replaced and maybe a month later was driving home and the engine oil suddenly leaked out completely in the space of 10k's. The dealership didn't want to know about it as the car was out of warranty and in their opinion it wouldn't have had anything to do with the service they'd just done.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back