FTA-TV Louie

Remove this Banner Ad

It's up. Early reviews are mixed, some saying it was a weak show. I'll watch it tonight

If that's a weak show...

Loved it. Utterly entertained for the entire run time. I'm a mental fan of his but nevertheless. His end bit is brilliant. The ideas and lines constructed so perfectly within a very interesting idea.

Filmed at one of Carlin's special locations, made me enjoy it just a little more.

Just watched the new show, instant reaction was that it is his best yet but that might just be the afterglow. I'll have to do a LCK marathon to accurately judge where it sits.

I hope anyone who doesn't like it has a nut allergy.

Pussy + Time divided by Income squared.

I've got all his stuff and I thought it was OK, but not his best work.
I LOL'd at his bits on the dead (napping) fish in the toilet, the food chain (cheetahs at the train station), the over 45s (burn them all) and the young 17 year old kid (I'm here to eat pussy for the rest of my life).

When he spilled water on himself and said "this is not my gay voice", it would have been perfect if someone yelled out "quit being a fagg0t!"

Maybe I'll like it more on subsequent viewings, but at this point I found his other stand-up shows funnier.

I'd probably agree that it doesn't stack up with previous shows. I didn't laugh as much in this one as I have in his other shows.
This show was under an hour, which I thought was a bit short. His shows (by his own admission in Talking Funny) usually go for 90 minutes so they must have cut a heap out.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Talking Louie and other things

Great radio show. They used to have Louie, Patrice O'Neal on for full 3 hour shows before Louie got busy and Patrice died and still have great guys like Jim Norton (the third host), Colin Quinn, Keith Robinson, Nick DiPaolo, Bill Burr, Bob Kelly on for hours of just talking and being funny.

Classic Chip Chipperson humour aside, what were people's thoughts on the first two episodes? Just watched them and I enjoyed both a lot, the 2nd more than the 1st though. I did feel that both episodes seemed to feel less spontaneous I guess I'd call it. Like the actors seemed to hit their marks a bit more and it just felt a bit more staged I suppose. Part of what I grew to love about the show was how almost disjointed but real it felt. It still felt similarly, but just something I noticed.

I know he spent a lot more time filming all of the episodes and writing the scripts before this season so perhaps that is the reason. Or perhaps I was just seeing things.

First ep was ordinary, the coffee shop scene with Todd Barry was completely pointless. The card game scene was good.

Having thought about it more, it seemed like the long intermission between seasons and the increased attention for the show maybe made him want to do a "welcome back to this world/welcome to this world if you've never seen this before" show. It was even called "Back". It was like a quick introduction to how this show/world is and then he could get back into the real purpose of the show in telling weird and wonderful stories in episode 2. Just my impression of it but I think that makes sense.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back